Time on the hands

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time on the hands
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:59pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Started the pruning,firewood mish today and somehow got distracted:)

Before i knew it we had a new member of the family,Named Roy the red.

Whats everyone else up to with there spare time?

I dont dare to start looking at my boat or fishing gear this far in to it..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:04pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got 1/2 cube of river stones on the way home from work yesterday and 50 more pavers to edge it off nicely with, time to finish off the hedgeline.. 

Grabbed 1kg of grass seed so I can fix the patches of lawn that didnt survive summers heat / the dog digging holes.

Ceilings to do 1 more coat of paint on, walls to do another coat of paint on. two bedrooms I can strip wallpaper off and a garage walls with many holes from previous owners to fill in and sand back then paint.

Skirting boards to repaint after the bathroom pipe burst 4months ago. (already put the news ones in)

and running the dog in a loop daily 3x to hit the 10km run each day off the list.

Enough to keep trucking for 2 or 3 weeks I reckon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:14pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great to be able to keep busy!

Think of all the brownie points stacking up for next season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cold smoked 2.5 kg of salmon and 2kg of almonds. Nice!

Now got nothing left to cold smoke so looking for a new pastime
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:50am
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Decided to start clean up of garage and ended up building a work bench/bar. Garage now a bigger mess!
Have vinyl for above water and paint for below on boat still to do, plus missus wants me to do some repainting in the hair salon, as well as all the other things that i have told her that I will get to it in the past, that now are coming home to roost
Part time Devils Advocate, Fulltime procrastinator
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:11am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

@brmbrm - try cold smoking cheese mate.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:32am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Roy the red looks impressive. I've been killing off sheep and turkeys, I have enough meat to get through this and the zombie apocalypse. I have a big pile of firewood to stack, the world's messiest garage to clean up and painting and stuff to do.

Understandably the council aren't issuing fire permits because they don't want fires as that will tie up staff if they get out of control. Looks like I'll be digging a hole to get rid of the animal body parts.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw the writting on the wall before last weekend.. got in a few supplies of timber paint plumbing fittings etc.
And very lucky the 30yr old AEG 91/4 saw in my triton died.  Replaced with a 235mm maketia cost just over 1/2  the AEG 30yrs ago.

New clear doors / frames for the back deck nearly finished.
Replace the larger 2.4m X2.4  drop clears with framed windows (making frames from scratch)
Re route and put in ceilling ducting to move  excess warm air to new bedrooms.
 Finish splash backs in new en suite
Move wash house to different part of the house.
Start building kitchenette
Put away all the fishing gear laid out over the filleting benches from the last trip.
Repair the last tiny leak in the spa pool
 Drop the big 15000L pool in the back yard.
 Put in winter veggies on the bare patch
Trim the neigbours trees from this side so ready for the summer growth.
Roll the new lawn  to near green flat now the rains come and grasses away.
Fix the carbie on the water blaster, ready for the late winter house wash down.

Look very wishfully out the window next tuesday as the waikato bar weather/swell/ tide/window goes over.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:35am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Day 1,check homebrew,repair kitchen mixer tap,fix shower head adjuster,put slow cooker on,afternoon nap(4hrs)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:48am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yesterday put down 40 odd cans of albie, tomorrow make 40 kg venny snags, last week finished processing a couple of moose, yep I reckon we are ready for at least 3 months of it.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:19pm
baitcatcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Steps reading your post on your to do list makes my EYES water!!!

I'm busy getting my raised garden bed sortted to plant my winter vegetable in.

On Bazzas (OBE) advice (over eating a Crayfish lunch)
I brought over a ton of good quality top soil( a barter price of $70:00 ) on Tuesday from a Albany nursery, on the way home to Blockhouse Bay with the trailer on I called onto Mitre 10 New Lynn for some vegetable plant's only to find not one punnet left only empty shelves similar to the supermarkets toilet roll and pasta shelves.so I went inside to buy some vegetable seeds only to find watermelon and rhubarb seeds nothing else .so went back outside to find some potting mix and on deciding,   Praise the Lord!!! out rolls over 12 large mobile cages of freshly delivered vegetable punets so I grabbed a good slection of my wife's favourite vegetables.

All the best for you Steps and your large fishing family and all other fisho on this site.oh yes and Smudge I think you owe me a gurnard trip.(ha,ha

P.S   I'm sure the fish are on the bite all over New Zealand.
It's stopped raining here now so its back on to the shovel for me. I'll post a photo when im done.
Baitcatcher (Vinnie)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From now on ,no seedlings. Garden centres closed. 
So down the track more people crowding into covid19 infected supermarkets to buy vegetables they could have otherwise grown themselves. That is if you can still buy vegetables given extra pressure on commercial growers stocks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cleaned my metal garage door today, just the colorsteel foldable ones.

Was shocked how dirty it was!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've pulled my outboard pod off, the silicon was failing and there was a possible crack,
2 sheds to clean out and reorganise, drawers to make for my patrol, windows to sand and paint, re grout my bathroom tiles, and the kitchen ones too...
Oh, and get one shed ready to concrete...it's only got a gravel floor..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:47pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Day 2
Clean bbq rods cleaned and sprayed with tackle guard,garage sorted,watched 2 old movies a bridge to far some old sub movie,thats when i fell asleep diinner done,wife home with shopping/beer .manukau pak n sav virtually all to herself.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:11am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

day three still thinking about where to start.my winter crops in .need to clean back yard but that beer keeps getting in the way.o well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:17am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What hour is acceptable to mow the lawns. After 8am?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:20am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

make it 9
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:22am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JustAnotherSpearo JustAnotherSpearo wrote:

What hour is acceptable to mow the lawns. After 8am?
Whats the rush??7.00am onwards Monday to Saturday after 9.00am Sundays
want to do ours but raining again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:28am
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

30 cube of firewood to ring/split and 200 metres of fir hedge to chip on the section opposite. Borrowed a big trailed chipper for the duration of the lockdown and now we jump the fence for an hour or two each day.....luckily there's a service station 250 metres away so an amble past there whilst walking the dog each evening gets me the petrol I need for the saw and the chipper. The family now call it "going to the gym" !!!

To be fair, with all the projects I have, if you can extend it by another couple of weeks Jacinda, that would be about right. 

Page  123 5>