Daiwa Certate fans, you might like this deal

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daiwa Certate fans, you might like this deal
    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:24pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Folks, if you're in the market for a new spinner while we're in shut down, even with the crappy exchange rate now, Plat's 50% off clearance on some of the 2016 Certates seems like a good tempter for Daiwa fans. I've never been able to get to grips with the magseal pros or cons (servicing costs etc), but if you love your Certates and don't want to shell out for the new LT ones...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:03am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This is how you are compensating for the fishing lock-down?  Shop on line?  Good idea!  Might give the boat a spring clean..... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:38am
Titanium
Titanium

Their mail out popped up in my inbox because I once bought something from them, but yip, I've been looking at my favourite overseas sites, along with YouTube channels.
Can't justify a new spinner, but if I could, i'd be tempted...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:24am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For a start Daiwa here won’t honour the warranty.

And wait till you need a service.

Been there done that. And won’t be repeating.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:00am
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ain't nothing gona get delivered soon. Couriers shutting down to all but essential. I've halted all online purchases except groceries......who knows when you'll see it. I'm waiting to see what comes first.....the rain, or the end of lockdown, as I've payed for an extra water tank because of the dire drought situation.....but now delivery time is unknown
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:27pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Yip, I've heard that before. that's why I've never pulled the trigger on one of the magseal reels, but I love the look and feel of the Daiwas. Their drags sound fantastic. My older Stradics and my SlammerIII are my frontline reels at the moment, though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:48pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some nice looking kit there, but for me all online buying (except maybe supermarket) is out the window especially from overseas until "normal" service is resumed... In whatever form the new "normal" will be when all this is over!

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Yip, I've heard that before. that's why I've never pulled the trigger on one of the magseal reels, but I love the look and feel of the Daiwas. Their drags sound fantastic. My older Stradics and my SlammerIII are my frontline reels at the moment, though.

The drags are good but I tell you again Penns are better.
My old Branzino was a beautiful thing to look at but like a hot woman expensive to maintain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:31pm
Titanium
Titanium

Like Fishing with Louiza? LOL

Yip, my Slammer III is very smooth. Quite heavy, but that weight nicely balances on my heavier Hearty Rise rod.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Might have to catch up one that one Lester.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The drags are good but I tell you again Penns are better
which model
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:33pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spinfisher and Clash. Have not owned a Slammer but I can't imagine them being worse.

Best of all easy and cheap servicing.