Isolation for over 70s?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isolation for over 70s?
    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 9:28pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If I go fly fishing on a stream with more cows, sheep and trout, am I safe?
Will buy a pie for brekkie, though...Wink
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:35am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

As long as you don't sneeze, cough or sht yourself. LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Fishb8 Fishb8 wrote:

Could as I found out be a tad more difficult than you think so pays not to assume anything will be as you expect.

Last Wednesday decided to have a few days away fly fishing in the motorhome having declined a request to take another fellow fly fisher & being independent re food supplies etc. ... what could possibly upset such carefully thought out plans ?

First upset came on arrival at the Whakapapa River at Kakahi to discover it was one of the venues for the Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championship involving almost 100 competitors,, approx. half as many again Controllers plus a fair number of organisers, managers & supporters.

As far as given to understand they were staying at Wairakei & being bussed each day to one of 3 or 4 respective venues.

Participants had arrived from all corners of the world & many just before the isolation requirements had been implemented. To their credit the two Canadian teams were the only ones that had opted to pull out & return home rather than possibly put lives at risk.

When a car load of five anglers from New Caledonia arrived that were not involved with the competition that I decided it was high time to get outta there, having caught a couple of fish that arvo & had with some difficulty managed to avoid any close contact.

Was bit of a long drive but moved across the country to the Whirinaki & enjoyed the best ever fishing without seeing a soul for the three days other than a short chat ( at a distance ) with the farm manager of the riverside camping locations.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:12pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Bazza
Only fished the Whirinaki once during a hot March day following a good flood.
Had no idea how to fish it but thought wee wets may work and sure as hell they did!
Keeping exercised on bike on quiet roads - no 2 metres distancing needed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HareNcopA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:30pm
HareNcopA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

"No non-essential travel"

Unless the stream runs through your property I suggest you stay at home
Behind every good fisherman is a lonely woman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HareNcopA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:34pm
HareNcopA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The world is closing in
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HareNcopA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
HareNcopA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just had an email from DOC that the Taupo fishery has been closed

Hope the winter runs fire this year