Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 3940414243 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

More evidence is showing covid may be spread through aerosolized droplets.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/120704063/coronavirus-us-choirs-rehearsal-led-to-two-deaths
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:45pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

I support the current lockdown but can't help notice how Australia seems to be getting away nicely with a lot less economics disruption.

Not sure they are doing that well, with nearly 4,500 cases and 18 dead as of today.  Some experts say they are less than two weeks behind Italy  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12321095  I think I'd rather be here then there right now.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:50pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is the LOCKDOWN over?? just spent 5 hrs at work taking product to the food bank.it was like a Sunday,families in cars with suitcases etc 2 caravans and 3 trailer boats,buggered if I know what part of Stay home people are not getting.
Is essential for earth work companies to be trucking dirt around??
I took the most direct route home,work,home.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 4:07pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

I support the current lockdown but can't help notice how Australia seems to be getting away nicely with a lot less economics disruption.

Not sure they are doing that well, with nearly 4,500 cases and 18 dead as of today.  Some experts say they are less than two weeks behind Italy  https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12321095  I think I'd rather be here then there right now.

Thing is they are doing a lot more testing per capita than almost any country.  So comparatively their numbers are high.  All countries look like they are two weeks behind Italy until they aren't.  Almost every country follows the same path at first (see the pic below)
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:05pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IF this lock down works and everybody stays home. We should see a decrease in new cases in about two weeks from when it was started. This is because the virus will not be able to transfer easily and will start to die out. NZ is a bit odd cause most of our cases are from overseas. They say only 2% being caused by person to person transfer. But until recently (cause lab shortage) they have tested only people with symptoms. And as you all know, for every person with symptoms there are 8 to 9 with little symptoms who are 55% infectious. Good news, they now have increased lab numbers and are able to test more people
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:10pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Be careful how you read that graph. It is not plotted cases against time. It is plotted new cases vs current cases, and it is on a logarithmic scale eg it doesn't go up 100, 200, 300, 400 etc.
It goes up 100, 1000, 10,000, 100,000 etc.
There is nothing on there to indicate time at all, so if people are using this graph to say we are x number of weeks behind y then they do not understand the graph.

Since the virus has a R0 factor of 2ish(for everyone who gets it they spread it to 2ish people) the graph will always go up like this in every country it is in unless you take control measures (which we only started doing 5 days ago). The control measures should see each case infecting less people but we won't see much difference in the graph until lots of the current cases recover.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Be careful how you read that graph. It is not plotted cases against time. It is plotted new cases vs current cases, and it is on a logarithmic scale eg it doesn't go up 100, 200, 300, 400 etc.
It goes up 100, 1000, 10,000, 100,000 etc.
There is nothing on there to indicate time at all, so if people are using this graph to say we are x number of weeks behind y then they do not understand the graph.

Since the virus has a R0 factor of 2ish(for everyone who gets it they spread it to 2ish people) the graph will always go up like this in every country it is in unless you take control measures (which we only started doing 5 days ago). The control measures should see each case infecting less people but we won't see much difference in the graph until lots of the current cases recover.

Health Dpt have just put a graph up on their Covid-19 Website.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:51pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mr Moritz Mr Moritz wrote:

Health Dpt have just put a graph up on their Covid-19 Website.

Where?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:05pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Apparently Fox news reporting Wet markets in Wuhan open for business again.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow. China is looking for trouble I think.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 8:29pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will people ever learn. With the spanish flu the second wave was far more lethal than the first.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:13pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hope I am wrong but I think things are about to get real for Australia. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Motorhead Motorhead wrote:

Just been talking to my sister in Brisbane, trying to get her to wear a mask if she goes out. She just laughed it off, said they didn't work. Grrrrr.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:01pm
Platinum
Platinum

Just been talking to my sister in Brisbane, trying to get her to wear a mask if she goes out. She just laughed it off, said they didn't work. Grrrrr.

why do you think they are needed when every expert body says they aren't?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:29am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/-scene-british-reporters-say-chinese-markets-again

China is permitting wild animal markets to resume selling bats, believed to be the source for the deadly coronavirus now killing people across the globe, including over 2,500 Americans to date, British reporters say.

Chinese authorities in January closed down the Wuhan city “wet” market after five of its workers were among the first diagnosed with what would become COVID-19.

**** me,why deal with these Aholes.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:52am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

why do you think they are needed when every expert body says they aren't?

Pretty easy. If you are infectious and you don't know it. It limits you transferring it to someone else. Plenty of experts will agree.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:02am
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

True story yesterday:

Couple of dudes towing boat and trailer went past us on the Waterfront, Mangonui, at a good rate of knots.

They hit the first speed-bump and lost the boat onto the road.
After much swearing and other shows of emotion, failed completely to retrieve boat.

They then enlisted the help of at least three others who happened to be in the area at that time and got the boat back on.

So even before they hit the water, they may have spread this virus on or caught it themselves.

No wonder why the Powers are trying to prevent dicks fishing.

Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:12am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think that is a good example of why everyone should stay at home. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:05am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not sure if this GIF image will work, but it is a cool animation to show the effects of isolation and some people not spreading it vs the disease going unchecked and taking its natural course.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:16am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No wonder why the Powers are trying to prevent dicks fishing.

Or more accurate
 Why the Powers have to stop everyone because of a very few number of dicks who may go fishing.
 just have to look at CG numbers.. called out because run out of gas...trailers on the side of the road with a wheel/ sub axle missing...very basic maintenance/ care stuff.

Seems that those who have gone out, a high proportion do geting to trouble , even killing themselves, speed , drunk etc.

And as usual the great responsible , all due care majority    get restricted because of these idiots..

Come on Cindy , way over due to stop just asking, get the army out, get these dicks arrested, put into isolation for the next week or so, and fined..
You enacted the 1956 emergency regulations , re passed the 7 day limitations the other day...
Now get rid of those endanger the rest of us.

It is the great responsible majority your are trying to look after right? Stop trying Do it
 "People who try are trying people"

Page  <1 3940414243 206>