Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 2930313233 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:26am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This not an answer, or any kind of advise for your plan, just facts concerning my last travel from Beaujolais to Brezeme last monday.

I was stopped 8 times along the 150km trip. Twice on the highway at every toll, both ways. Once as soon as I reach the N6, and again when crossing the Rhone in le Pouzin. Same thing on my way back,  on N6 again then at a roundabout close to Charnay.

I had the professional form properly filled with me and had to explain in details the reason of my trip and give proofs at least 3 out of the 8 times.

Not really a fun drive.

Best of luck for your travel plans, Paul. No idea how the rules are in France right now, but in Germany at he moment you couldn´t do that. You´re only allowed to go to your primary address, the use of weekend houses etc. is not allowed right now. They´re even sending back German citizens that work and live abroad.

Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:30am
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It has been reported to me this morning that MPI Officers were seen recording Registration numbers of those vehicles towing boat trailers at local ramps in the Far North.
Read into that what you wish.
Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:44am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A couple of well placed shipping containers or if the emergency need access a truck parked across that can be moved? Seems a waste to have these guys running around after idiots...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:53am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Dear Friends, .....
I know you're sharing this with the best of intentions, but it is incorrect and misleading. The stuff about drinking water to stop it going into your lungs is particularly strange.
Source: the current and former medical professionals I live with.

EDIT: More sources:

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:13pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Dear Friends, .....
I know you're sharing this with the best of intentions, but it is incorrect and misleading. The stuff about drinking water to stop it going into your lungs is particularly strange.
Source: the current and former medical professionals I live with.

EDIT: More sources:

Yes the virus can and does also set up in nasal passages and begin cell invasion. Difficult to flush out from those passages with hot water.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Head over a bowl of hot water ,towel over head,just like we do for the flu,drink hot liquids to get phlem back down to stomach
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:32pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

catchalot, the information youve copied and pasted is incorrect and dangerous. Hopefully no one who reads it believes it.....

Bloody link not working???

Try google "WHO public Myth-busters"
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:50pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From OBC Northland. 

Good morning everyone,

The OBC facility has been closed until further notice and members are asked not to go boating from anywhere else as per the following statement from NZ Police.

Please check our website   www.obcofnorthland.co.nz ; for updates.  I will post any further information on there when we are able to open the facility again.

For those members who have questioned our stance – it is not our decision.

"Do not attempt to go boating ... Do not head off to the bach for Easter. Stay at your main residence for the full duration of this emergency, where you are close to family, a supermarket, health and essential services.

"Where you are now is where you need to stay for the next month. This is a national emergency and we all want to save lives, not endanger them."

There will be patrol boats on the water during the lockdown.

Coastguard New Zealand and police would work closely with the harbourmaster to ensure people obeyed the self-isolation rules.

Police now had the power to enforce self-isolation rules. 

Police Commissioner Mike Bush, in a series of radio and TV interviews on Thursday morning, said officers would first issue a warning, then arrest people if needed. Bush said police would only prosecute serious offenders.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Found this interesting as to busting myths.We told cannot survive in warm climates,WRONG.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:39pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

catchalot, the information youve copied and pasted is incorrect and dangerous. Hopefully no one who reads it believes it.....

Bloody link not working???

Try google "WHO public Myth-busters"

Deleted...
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:41pm
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cyber Security 101.
Anything that says ‘forward to everybody’ has started as a scam...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:45pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Further to the information posted, saying drinking water often is useful to flush virus down into the stomach, etc.

Also - it says virus is killed in temperature more than 27deg C - but that couldn't be right as the human body is 37deg C, and it certainly isn't killed at that temp,; so looks like another false claim. Thankfully the post has been deleted.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:05pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Unless I see info on a .govt website I don't believe anything I read about Covid 19 now. Too many people suddenly becoming health experts or posting theory and opinion as fact or just sharing something they read on Facebook. I am sure they are trying to help but it is not helpful. If it ends with "now share this with every body you no" then you can guarantee it hasn't come from an official site.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:07pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Genuinely some of the type of crap that people have shared with me recently:

"Offishal message from the hospital's and army. The hole world is going too end and dye unless you start brushing you're teeth with bleech and gargling urine.

Now share this with every one you no, including relative's and old lady's.

Signed: The Army and the Hospital's."
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:38pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I see the Aussie's have reversed the covid-19 thirty minute limit for women at their hairdresser's. They can now have unlimited time appointments.

Glad to see they have got their priorities right
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Unless I see info on a .govt website I don't believe anything I read about Covid 19 now. Too many people suddenly becoming health experts or posting theory and opinion as fact or just sharing something they read on Facebook. I am sure they are trying to help but it is not helpful. If it ends with "now share this with every body you no" then you can guarantee it hasn't come from an official site.

Correct there is a lot of rubbish info around. But also a lot of helpful info as well. You can't be too careful..
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:03pm
Xtoad View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cracking day off Oceans today!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:40am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:07am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For those that like conspiracies...

The corona Virus travelled entire world from Wuhan but it did not reached Beijing and Shanghai... can anybody put light?

Looks So Logical....After all Chinese Stock Market didn't crash....American and European Markets did....

Destroy other markets and be ready to capture them in every way

How to dominate the world quickly?

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

1. Create a virus and the antidote.

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe.

5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries.

6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries.

7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

PS: read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon. It's all there.

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...

The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:24am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats exactly what I said a week or so ago.try it on the people first and have the antidote ready to go.
Funny really on the radio was a science guy who said same thing.If it ever was true what would the consequences be?? a nuclear bomb from america??
Strange how SARS,Swine never reached our shores,yet we were travelling at about the same rate and mixing with the same people 2/3 yrs ago.

Iraq claimed to have weapons of mass destruction,nothing found
Iran claimed to have a chemical warfare underway,sure a chemical factory got bombed but what were they producing?

Yet sneaky old China who has the world in the palm of their hands ,manufacturing,quietly invents a virus,that gives people a chance to get home before being detected.

Funny how Climate Change has taken a back seat.Is this the new Climate changer?
Page  <1 2930313233 206>