Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 202203204205206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 10:41am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

An article in the Herald today about Willie Jackson getting some key gang members together with a pro vaccine message. Now if there is one thing that really makes me mad it's the media writing feel good stories about gangs. However, it is very interesting what Harry Tam had to say' This isn't about the government telling us, it's about experts telling the government'. 

I think that fact is lost on a lot of people. 

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 11:32am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BigEarn BigEarn wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Just no to that.
Only the American Democrats and Communists types in Ozzie talk like that.
Even in the EU they are aghast at such talk as to take freedoms, services and rights away from people.

Never before has not taking a vaccine meant you have that taken away.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20211030/p2a/00m/0na/020000c

Quite interesting Japan, we have similar vaccination rates.

Rights to attend school being taken away due to lack of vaccination is nothing new and is not uncommon around the globe. I'd consider education a service.
Freedom to travel has been and still is bound to vaccination certificates for yellow fever, malaria, polio, hepatitis etc. depending on where you are traveling from, through and to. While that's mainly international movement, you will find people without certain vaccinations have been restricted in regional movements within countries already pre-Covid, e.g. in B&H.
Other penalties for non-compliance with vaccine mandates also existed for a long time across the globe. Mainly those were financial penalties, but in the some countries people could face imprisonment or the temporary oss of child custody (e.g. Italy).
If you look Europe right now and think vaccinated and unvaccinated enjoy the same kind of freedom, you're wrong. There is many places and events which you can only visit with either a vaccination passport or a certification that you recovered from Covid.

Your absolutely right BigEarn!  Muppet's propensity for " making stuff up" to fit his political naritave called out once again...
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 11:49am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Originally posted by BigEarn BigEarn wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Just no to that.
Only the American Democrats and Communists types in Ozzie talk like that.
Even in the EU they are aghast at such talk as to take freedoms, services and rights away from people.

Never before has not taking a vaccine meant you have that taken away.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20211030/p2a/00m/0na/020000c

Quite interesting Japan, we have similar vaccination rates.

Rights to attend school being taken away due to lack of vaccination is nothing new and is not uncommon around the globe. I'd consider education a service.
Freedom to travel has been and still is bound to vaccination certificates for yellow fever, malaria, polio, hepatitis etc. depending on where you are traveling from, through and to. While that's mainly international movement, you will find people without certain vaccinations have been restricted in regional movements within countries already pre-Covid, e.g. in B&H.
Other penalties for non-compliance with vaccine mandates also existed for a long time across the globe. Mainly those were financial penalties, but in the some countries people could face imprisonment or the temporary oss of child custody (e.g. Italy).
If you look Europe right now and think vaccinated and unvaccinated enjoy the same kind of freedom, you're wrong. There is many places and events which you can only visit with either a vaccination passport or a certification that you recovered from Covid.

Your absolutely right BigEarn!  Muppet's propensity for " making stuff up" to fit his political naritave called out once again...

Not really. Denmark, Sweden, UK etc etc have all abandoned certificates for citizens.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300404785/covid19-denmark-lifts-all-domestic-restrictions-citing-high-vaccination-rate

We are for some reason normally compared to Nordic countries and yet a person in nearly 90% vaccinated Auckland cannot even cross the city border.
Even with a double vaccination and negative test result. Just listening to some horror stories on the radio of people wanting to get through for seriously good reasons and getting told no by bureaucrats.
Name another time in history where that has happened? When someone who supposedly vaccinated and meant to be “safe” cannot do normal things? And those who choose not to be done are told you cannot get a haircut.

If you want to live in one of those countries where the government controls you go ahead, plenty of them and all **** holes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh dear, everything was so simple back in the past (flu and other ) pandemics.
Line up get a jab.. may ge bit sore arm , or fell off for couiple days at most...
 get a booster every yr or so.
 Life goes on
 Now we have FB, social media BS, rabbit holes for the stupid so more ppl can make money, and cult figures filling their wallets at the expense of the gullible, for the stupid and once again everything gets complicated , BS  and messed up.

Welcome to the ' so called enlightened' world that thinks a passport or a vaccination is like Nazi Germany or pol pot BS.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:17am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How does a vaccine that dosent stop transmission stop a pandemic.

just asking for a friend
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

just asking for a friend

Tell your friend it stops the majority of transmission and/or lessens the effects of the virus.
Your friend should sit down with his GP and have a discussion.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:45am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

just asking for a friend

Tell your friend it stops the majority of transmission and/or lessens the effects of the virus.
Your friend should sit down with his GP and have a discussion.

Good advice Kitno
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As per Kitinos post above
1/ Unvacced you have a 20%+ higher incidence of transmitting..
or vacced 80% less chance passing it on

2/ Vacced if do get it chances are you will either not notice or get mild 'cold'.. less than 5% chance having to go to hospital, even if have underlying issues
 un vacced , have a good chance ending up in hospital for a few weeks, and possbly into ICU on support systems for couple weeks if dont die.

Now combine those, we very quickly get to a position 2 to 3yrs after the initial outbreak where we are now with sars, hong kong flus.

Dont vaccinate we have what has happened in USA, Italy etc etc, and with the Spanish....millions die, millions very sick for a long time , never to recover fully, and the whole herd immunity thing takes many yrs...5 or 6yrs

Its not rocket science, world has been having this sort of stuff for 1000s yrs, and the technology since around the small pox vac late 1700s)
Just lets us reduce the hurt and time frame.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Too old to be offended smudge. I don't beat around the bush. it is what it is for me. Cheers.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:48am
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

I'm doing my part by staying out of the public,what are you doing?

Same. Like my own company the best. Always been the way with me.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Hook-it Hook-it wrote:

Too old to be offended smudge. I don't beat around the bush. it is what it is for me. Cheers.

Excellent! Big smile
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:37pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

For the people that are anti vax and think they can isolate themselves from the rest of society. 
How long can you isolate yourself from ALL contact ?

Have you thought what will happen when we reach 90% vaccination rates and travel and limited numbers at a venue restrictions come off ?
Do you think covid numbers will increase ? 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:56pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm not anti vax,I've said this how many times? My kids have had all their MMR vaccinations and I've had quite a few flu shots. I'm pro choice,it's a pretty simple concept,it goes like this ... I and I alone decide what I put into my body,not the govt,not some politician. To all you pro vax/anti choice people,what will you do when efficacy rates start dropping rapidly like they are in some countries down to 39% and less? I'm just not sure man can trust a vax developed by a company that has just recalled champix,a cessation of smoking drug that has been proven to cause cancer and that same company had been found guilty of bribing doctors to push their product,let alone a vax that will still be in trials for another 2yrs,I think that's all the reasoning I need. You do you and that's fine.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:16pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm just not sure man can trust a vax developed by a company that has just recalled champix,a cessation of smoking drug that has been proven to cause cancer .
That "Champix" is a ilussanation type drup,gave it away after 1 week. Not so sure about Vapes but been on them for about 6 months,$20 week compared to $120 for roll 50gm+30gm pw Really need to knock the vape too.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm
Gold
Gold

I'm not anti vax,I've said this how many times? My kids have had all their MMR vaccinations and I've had quite a few flu shots. I'm pro choice,it's a pretty simple concept,it goes like this ... I and I alone decide what I put into my body,not the govt,not some politician. To all you pro vax/anti choice people,what will you do when efficacy rates start dropping rapidly like they are in some countries down to 39% and less? I'm just not sure man can trust a vax developed by a company that has just recalled champix,a cessation of smoking drug that has been proven to cause cancer and that same company had been found guilty of bribing doctors to push their product,let alone a vax that will still be in trials for another 2yrs,I think that's all the reasoning I need. You do you and that's fine.

What is the nitrate level of your water you are drinking ?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:10pm
Titanium
Titanium

semantics mate....but if you really must know,im on bore water, not that I drink alot of water from the tap...it's usually bottled water, or beer.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:14pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

He didn't call you Anti Vax did he? It was a general statement. I'm not against those who aren't getting the covid vax it is their choice. The only thing that I find hard to stomach are the anti vaxxers that keep posting up misinformation, poor souls really believe what they're saying. You know the type - the ones who think Bill Gates is the devil, the ones who hate any form of authority whatsoever. Those people
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:16pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

I'm just not sure man can trust a vax developed by a company that has just recalled champix,a cessation of smoking drug that has been proven to cause cancer .
That "Champix" is a ilussanation type drup,gave it away after 1 week. Not so sure about Vapes but been on them for about 6 months,$20 week compared to $120 for roll 50gm+30gm pw Really need to knock the vape too.

Yeah I know people that were almost suicidal when they took that champix stuff. I gave up smoking overnight after being a smoker for 35yrs thanks to finding a suitable vape juice and unit. The nicotine salts juice cut's the vaping right down also.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

He didn't call you Anti Vax did he? It was a general statement. I'm not against those who aren't getting the covid vax it is their choice. The only thing that I find hard to stomach are the anti vaxxers that keep posting up misinformation, poor souls really believe what they're saying. You know the type - the ones who think Bill Gates is the devil, the ones who hate any form of authority whatsoever. Those people

To be honest Its hard to tell who he was talking to as he didnt quote anyone...but I have been called anti vax on this thread before so I assumed he was talking to me. Yeah there are a few nuts out there regarding the Bill Gates stuff and the Alex Jones stuff, I agree.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:24pm
Gold
Gold

semantics mate....but if you really must know,im on bore water, not that I drink alot of water from the tap...it's usually bottled water, or beer.

Its not semantics at all. 

Your own bore ?
Page  <1 202203204205206>