Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 179180181182183 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I think this story will go quiet, media will be hushed. But if they get off its going to do nothing to prevent others trying it on.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:56am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Does not particularly bother me this whole story but it will be bloody facinating to hear if they get charged as others have already. Also this one has had a whole lot more public interest so if they back down there will be public backlash.

Same here, I wonder if they will charge the 50 people that went to the tangi? Probably a higher risk there?

I'm not holding my breath.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:01am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting,  I haven't seen them publish and shame others that have blatantly broken the rules,  The people that drove from Auckland down to Huntly to get maccas went names as far as I'm aware? and there are many more instances like this that go un-noticed.
Auckland has a big issue going forward, it seems that people living in certain areas are the main ones getting infected and also spreading it as in the last major lock down. Given that Akl is the largest city and still important to the overall economy, throwing additional millions of dollars to assist "at risk" members of the population and also the most concentrated vaccination push ( High brook drive has been blocked for months hasn't worked it seems. No doubt the experts will be trying to find a proper solution ?? Seems our political correctness that is the trend now in NZ is probably going to hamper progress.

Frustrating for those of us that want to go back to work and for the companies we work for to survive long term.

Boats growing cob webs as well Shocked
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am a realist, having owned a holiday home I can tell you none of my children would go to it without checking with me. This holiday home is owned by 2 couples, both couples include a judge. Both couples say they didn't know. I am not calling them liars but if they are to remain judges there needs to be an investigation, I would suggest the police check mobile phones and emails. The NZ public deserve the truth not denials and apologies
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:20am
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by rockz rockz wrote:

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Does not particularly bother me this whole story but it will be bloody facinating to hear if they get charged as others have already. Also this one has had a whole lot more public interest so if they back down there will be public backlash.

Same here, I wonder if they will charge the 50 people that went to the tangi? Probably a higher risk there?

I'm not holding my breath.

No question that they need to be charged, they broke the law.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:42pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As we have seen many times being charged is one thing, getting the right convictions in NZ is quite another.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw a concerning story today.  Young woman went to hospital for an issue that had nothing to do with covid, had no covid symptoms and had not been to any places of interest.  She was treated, but they did a covid test anyway and it came back positive.  If she hadn't gone to hospital for the other issue we would never had known she had covid.  How many people are there out there who have covid but have no idea?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:08pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If she hadn't gone to hospital for the other issue we would never had known she had covid.  How many people are there out there who have covid but have no idea?

Which brings us right back to.... why lockdown.?

Dont know have it, or know, makes no difference.

Everyone goes into lock down AND takes it seriously..

14 or so days pass, doesnt matter if got it or not, you are over it and not spreading it.
 No more community spread ... no more lock down

And we get on with our lives...
 But No doesnt happen this way.
Why because everything is" pretty  please", "can you ..."
Then next "breath need to do it"

If it NEEDS to be done, then resonsable leadership makes it happen, and if doesnt , examples are made, lots of them.

Heard the other day, a boat sold in Auckland.. buy had exemption as worker, used it to cross the border, pick up pay for the boat.. then got checked crossing back.. instant $300 fine.

Really?.. presenting an official document for fraudulent use?
 Nothing
Crossing back over border without good reason..
with essential work papers.. again fraudulent use of a document plus crossing breaking rules.
 $300   thats $300 on something like a $15000 to  $20000 Purchase..

So here we are 5th /6th (lost count) week into L4 lockdown..
 Because ppl cant stay home  ppl must break rules.
 And the consequences are business left right and center going bust, workers cant pay bills , food, rent..
 Industry even out of Auckland that rely on stuff from Auckland come to a halt..
 Massive economic consequences.

Now print off a few $50 bills , past them off... couple yrs prison because counterfeit money puts our economy at risk..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:21pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Saw a concerning story today.  Young woman went to hospital for an issue that had nothing to do with covid, had no covid symptoms and had not been to any places of interest.  She was treated, but they did a covid test anyway and it came back positive.  If she hadn't gone to hospital for the other issue we would never had known she had covid.  How many people are there out there who have covid but have no idea?
The full story HaHa get ****en job.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:29pm
fishfeeder2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I wonder how much Cindy will give them to help with their covid workshop program?
To think you can eliminate a virus? What does doing the same thing over and over and get the same results make you?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by fishfeeder2 fishfeeder2 wrote:

I wonder how much Cindy will give them to help with their covid workshop program?
To think you can eliminate a virus? What does doing the same thing over and over and get the same results make you?

Whatever spin you put on it FF2, we're doing ok. No I didn't vote for Labour. I believe they are doing a good job with the management of this international crisis. Know anyone who is doing better? Would you really want to live there? 
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:50pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Probably not Smudge, but I am disgusted that a gang can have a funeral with heaps of people and the soft cock attitude of the police is they watch, where as my father died in lockdown and we could only have 10 people. We abide by the rules and they get 3 million. Wtf
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:53pm
Silver
Silver

im not spinning anything smudge..Im just saying people are putting too much faith into the eradication idea....just the same as people thinking a vaccine will keep up with the rate of mutation...it never will. Virus's mutate between hosts...thats how they survive.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

im not spinning anything smudge..Im just saying people are putting too much faith into the eradication idea....just the same as people thinking a vaccine will keep up with the rate of mutation...it never will. Virus's mutate between hosts...thats how they survive.

so are we doing ok? 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:15pm
Silver
Silver

in what way smudge?
trying to stop a virus killing an economy? yeah we are killing it.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:27pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

in what way smudge?
trying to stop a virus killing an economy? yeah we are killing it.

Are we doing ok. Are you sick? Are your family sick? Do you know anyone who has actually had covid? I know of 2 people, both from the 'old days' 

Both have recovered well.

What countries are doing better?

Is our Ministry of Health really that bad?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:46pm
Silver
Silver

No my family is not sick.
 No I dont personally know of anyone that has had the covid,but many people have tested positive with antibodies so I would assume a fair amount of people with good immune systems and possibly a low viral load recovered or didnt know they had it. I have a close friend in the US that had covid during chemo and said he has had worse flu bouts,he is 47 and weighed 320lbs, and self admittedly wasnt  a picture of health.
 Did the govt do ok in its initial response? yes I think they did..we didnt know alot about the virus 18 months ago,we know a little more now I hope.
No I dont think the Ministry of Health is bad.
I cant tell you what country is doing better in whatever aspect...I dont look at stats daily.
...we cant keep locking down everytime there is an out-break.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:14pm
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We had no option this time with Delta - the vaccine rate was too low. We would have swamped the hospitals & probably seen high death rates.

Once we hit 80-90% vaccination other options become available, depending on the severity of any new mutations. Annual booster shots, self isolation, vaccination passports - hard to be proactive when its the virus that is calling the shots. 

treat fish like fish
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lockdown will only work if people obey the rules.  What Covid has shown the world is that there is a section of the community who refuse to follow the rules.  Look at NSW and Victoria.  Their original strategy was elimination.  Lockdowns have failed and the focus is now on vaccinating your way out.   
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:33pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by waynorth waynorth wrote:

We had no option this time with Delta - the vaccine rate was too low. We would have swamped the hospitals & probably seen high death rates.

Once we hit 80-90% vaccination other options become available, depending on the severity of any new mutations. Annual booster shots, self isolation, vaccination passports - hard to be proactive when its the virus that is calling the shots. 

80%-90% vaccination rate wont happen. Im sorry I just dont think vaccinations will ever keep up with mutation rates. Just my opinion.
Page  <1 179180181182183 206>