Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 150151152153154 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A couple of new areas to be considered.

In China , Beijing specifically the outbreak is a new strain.
It's presenting some new challenges.

In Denmark Covid has crossed from human to animals.
Specifically mink.
11000 have been terminated.
Someone's not getting a new coat this year.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

320 people have been identified as 'close contacts' of the two woman travelling around . This being allowed to happen after 5 million persons sacrificed so much. David Clark should of been sacked long back.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Fishy11 Fishy11 wrote:

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Originally posted by Clifftastic Clifftastic wrote:

64,000 people have arrived into NZ under lockdown. Says it all really.

What does it say?  You'd prefer to deny New Zealanders and permanent residents the right to return to their country of citizenship?

Have these people caused a COVID outbreak in New Zealand?

Well we were/are denying people the right to leave their country, just saying...

Let's be honest about one thing though, the "border/s" were never actually closed. It's disingenuous how it's talked about and a lot of what has been put out there are half truths.
Commercial airlines not being able/allowed to fly passenger flights into and from NZ for a select period of time is not the same as the borders actually being closed. The borders being closed was / is still at times thrown around on the 6 oçlock news while you could look online and see passenger flights coming in.

What is our end goal here though? we can all argue back and forth, myself included, that's for sureLOL
What is it we are trying to do or achieve as a nation? The argument was made by a number of people early on that maybe our approach was the wrong one, but we didn't know for sure at the time. As time goes on it's looking more and more like our approach maybe was the wrong choice.
I read an article about 2 weeks back(feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong) about how other nations, Australia, the U.S etc had/were going to spend about 10% of their GDP over the next few months due to covid, while NZ would be spending around 20%.
If total elimination forever isn't the goal and long term we are going to have cases as a normal thing once international travel is somewhat back on track. What is the point of spending all this money, thousands losing jobs etc etc for what.

All we the plebs have ended up with out of it is less rights that we will never get back, more people reliant on the state and a whole heap of debt.

But our supreme leader cares about peopleLOL
Just not our pacific neighbours who's economies are largely reliant on tourism. Aussie bubble is more important first than pacific islands who don't have covid, wonder why?Wink - 25million potential customers for NZ, and 5million for Aussie. Pacific islands on the other hand, it benefits them a massive amount but doesn't give an equal or larger amount of benefit back to NZ.

I agree entirely Fishy11. She declared elimination as the goal I believe and when you demand so much of the citizens you have to be strict in quarantine.

See they are trying to pin it on National now.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 5:44pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don'tforget - she re defined 'eliminate' a few weeks after first telling us that was the goal. The new version doesn't exactly mean eliminate. It seems to be something approximating that.
Don't forget her first goal, complete with graphs for those mentally challenged, was to 'manage the bumps'. Not elimination. So the narrative is a moving target. 
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 5:53pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Our expectations are moving too.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 5:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just hate the clumsiness.

It will cost far too much if it gets out of hand.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 7:50pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 10:28pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just noticed who was online .................................. heeeeeeeezzzzzzz baaaacccckkkkk ............
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:15am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi-ho Hi-ho it’s back to 4 we go.

What a complete shambles, Clark needs to be removed.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:20am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Suspended members can still read the forums. Their names will still show up on the active members list
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:21pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well it's become quite clear that we will never be able to handle all the people coming into NZ with all these new flights coming into the country.

It's just like that Whack a Mole game and we just won't be able to keep up.

We wasted our time.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:39pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The news gets worse..
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes clutch,just a way bigger whack-a-mole table and one armed man with a club trying to stop the damage.
I'm pretty much done in this thred,to me it's obvious what's happening,but still the govt won't front up. Another slow drip.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Don'tforget - she re defined 'eliminate' a few weeks after first telling us that was the goal. The new version doesn't exactly mean eliminate. It seems to be something approximating that.
Don't forget her first goal, complete with graphs for those mentally challenged, was to 'manage the bumps'. Not elimination. So the narrative is a moving target. 
Alan

Covid is currently eliminated in NZ by the CDC definition. Reduction to zero in a defined geographical area. Seriously we have 5 current cases, all travel related. The USA has over 2,000,000. They have always said that they expect new cases at the borders.

Obviously a stuff up with the day trip but emphasis needs to put on fixing it. Sack Clark later.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Clutch Clutch wrote:

Well it's become quite clear that we will never be able to handle all the people coming into NZ with all these new flights coming into the country.

It's just like that Whack a Mole game and we just won't be able to keep up.

We wasted our time.

Then reduce the flights to the point that we can deal with it. No international students for a start.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:20pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Suspended members can still read the forums. Their names will still show up on the active members list

They are only hogtied and gagged during the suspension.LOL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 8:57pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Motorhead Motorhead wrote:

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

They are only hogtied and gagged during the suspension.LOL

Good opportunity for some!Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:53am
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Stuff is going to happen. We have a desperate opposition party who will stop at nothing to harpoon the coalition. What Chris Bishop and Paul Goldsmith did was unconscionable. Withholding information that could potentially kill New Zealanders, for political gain is surprisingly low behaviour even for the National Party.  I am still incredibly glad we have a government in charge that has the best interests of NEW ZEALAND citizens at heart. I shudder to think where we would be if a political party less focused on our economy and citizens was in power.  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 10:17am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stuff won't happen like it has this week if we have competent people in charge creating a system that is then implemented by competent well trained staff.

Unfortunately, with the lot we have in charge, we fall at the first hurdle.They are incompetent and think that doing something is just saying you are going to. It has been the hall mark of this government to talk up a big game and then not even turn up at the ground to play.

And as for holding anyone responsible, well, no-one ever is if no-one ever does anything!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just talking to my sister in Brisbane. She says Queensland has had no cases of Covid-19. The premier has kept the borders closed and no one from other parts of Australia can enter. The premier is getting flack from those in other parts of country who want to enter Queensland to escape Covid and also from those running businesses catering to tourists in Queensland.. Sounds familiar...  
Page  <1 150151152153154 206>