Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 186187188189190 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:26am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

[QUOTE=fishfeeder2]OK..I get you...so we have lost freedoms..and its best to just tow the line and get the jabs to get them back...essentially...right? If so Ill wait a while before I decide to jump in.

Please show the same level of patience and restraint if by chance you are infected with Covid-19 and require emergency treatment,  perhaps stay at home and dont risk the health of nurses and doctors by asking for a ventilator.....

What a terrible attitude. Do you extend this other groups infected with disease? how about telling fat people, smokers, drinkers and those that have a poor diet when they need help. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:54am
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I get what you are saying Titahi, I don’t think people realise how absolutely draining it is on medical staff by having to wear PPE all day. Of course the fat guy that comes in with a heart attack is a completely different kettle of fish to a Covid patient. Imagine wearing all that gear all day. It takes ages to put it on and take it off correctly so it’s not that easy to pop out for a quick cup of tea. There are nurses leaving because the pay they get is just not worth all the grief of the PPE, protocols etc.

I wouldn’t do it. How many of us would. It’s easy to poo poo the vaccine and spout about personal choice blah blah, but we have no idea yet. If you are unvaccinated, wait till you get it and have to go to hospital and then I think it would really hit home when you see what you are putting the staff through. They won’t thank you.
I personally think it’s a bit selfish. But hey, they chose to be nurses, right!
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:26am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi DIY yes indeed nurses are in for a rough time if we get a big major outbreak but again this was something the government was meant to “fix”. Like just about everything else you think they would have thrown money into the sector but it has not happened. And already said it in the thread that we have less now than 18 months ago. PPE is a factor in lots of jobs the nurses get some of the lighter much nicer things to wear in an air conditioned environment unlike others.

You could apply your second paragraph to just about any weekend dealing with the influx of the absolutely avoidable events that happen. They do not get refused treatments, yes no doubt the nurses judge in their minds but not in their actions.

It’s quite something that an opinion can incite harm yet the coercion of forcing someone to take something against their expressed will is somehow righteous? I really don’t care if that injection made them live for ever and fly if they don’t want it they don’t want it. And they have the free will to change their mind at any point.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:15am
chris_gee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

No-one has won the argument. Some put out their position  which has some basis. Is that the last word? Not really. Instead of there being an argument to be won or lost, there is a great deal of often complex research being undertaken and emergidng gradually, which may change the picture and our knowlege. Some will read some of it, others won't. Interpreting studies critically can be complex and they are rarely the final word.
I read recently that the dr who espoused germ theory and hand washing was vilified and committed.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:30am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well when your PM won’t even give a straight answer on what the vaccination goal is and what point it means getting freedom back it’s going to create even more resentment.
That’s another thing Australia has on us a road out of this shared with the public. Of course the state leaders have other plans.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:43am
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Undoubtedly we will have lots more to learn and things may turn out to be differently to what we may envisage. All you can do, is do what you think is right for yourself and your family and if this turns out to be the wrong call, then that’s something you have to accept and deal with. I’m a big believer in personal responsibility.
Human nature is fascinating, as a species we are capable of doing amazing things, yet can make stupid decisions and go on to repeat those mistakes.
Wouldn’t it be boring if we all thought the same way.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

[QUOTE=fishfeeder2]OK..I get you...so we have lost freedoms..and its best to just tow the line and get the jabs to get them back...essentially...right? If so Ill wait a while before I decide to jump in.

Please show the same level of patience and restraint if by chance you are infected with Covid-19 and require emergency treatment,  perhaps stay at home and dont risk the health of nurses and doctors by asking for a ventilator.....

What a terrible attitude. Do you extend this other groups infected with disease? how about telling fat people, smokers, drinkers and those that have a poor diet when they need help. 

Funnily enough Pompey "fat people, smokers, drinkers and those that have a poor diet" Dont put my life at risk, or my families with their health choices. 

Im quite happy to provide treatment for this cohort
Im also quite happy to reply to  your stupid statement

Neither of which expose me to  a life threatening disease

Can you see the difference?
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:08am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

But if your vaccinated Titahi?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:16am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

[QUOTE=Titahi][QUOTE=fishfeeder2]OK..I get you...so we have lost freedoms..and its best to just tow the line and get the jabs to get them back...essentially...right? If so Ill wait a while before I decide to jump in.

Funnily enough Pompey "fat people, smokers, drinkers and those that have a poor diet" Dont put my life at risk, or my families with their health choices. 

Im quite happy to provide treatment for this cohort
Im also quite happy to reply to  your stupid statement

Neither of which expose me to  a life threatening disease

Can you see the difference?

They don't put you at risk, I realise that. However, they are likely ill because of the personal choices they have made, perhaps the same as someone that has decided not to get vaccinated although plenty of vaccinated still get infected.
If you feel that way about the threat to your health you should look for a career shift or are you only prepared to treat the infected that have been vaccinated?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:33am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pompey, I think were talking at cross purposes, reality is everyone gets treated, no matter their circumstances.  

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 5:21pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You know how your phone listens to you?
I do wonder if it monitors what you type.
A quick look on YouTube and this video pops up first 😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYeYPcougmA

Couldn’t be more apt
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:21pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So how do balls up happen to spread this covid?

Like this..

Today went to the hospital out clinic for injections in my eyes.
Go thru the security questions  and not allowed support person etc (we come back to that later)
 Waiting room empty .. check in all good.
 Sit for couple minutes watch jacinda live on todays covid report.. and my name called.
Still know around..
Follow th person/ doctor into a room , few checks ..
All good .
 Then have to wait in a side corridor of a line of chairs each side..  no one else there...I take a chair at the very end.

Few minutes later 2 ppl come in sit down at th other end and 3rd sits opposite  bit of conservation but different language..
All good  Till.
The guy as support person of the lady right on the other end starts to sniff, like heavy muscus sniff..as in bad flu sniff.
Then again , and again...and again..

At this point Im outta here.. go around the cnr where there is nurses or office staff, working on a computer. I mention this guy and she is onto it.. gets another staff and they go have a chat with these ppl..
 Anyway the guy sitting opposite them walks past me  thumbs up..talks to some ppl, goes back to the ppl, then comes back sits opposite me.. and thumbs up..

Then tells me he is on staff as an interpeter..
 And my head rings bells.
 So I ask him didnt he notice that the supoort person, who is not meant to be there was sniffing big mucus , flu type (not like type) behavour..
 He said No..
Yet you where sitting directly opposite and /Iu was at the very end of the corridor
 He insisted  "No didnt notice"
 I told him I did not believe him..
Then I asked him "As an employee of the DHB, should he not have noticed someone come into the building , declared at the door " no flu symptoms"  very obviously lied to security, and security for some reason allowed to come in when no support ppl where allowed in..?"
 He told me "it is not his job or responsibility"

It is at this point I said that I do not believe on this either and he has blatantly lied to me.. twice.
 No he was about to go into a attacking defensive mod...
So before he got started told him for a walk well away from me NOW
 He did.. I asked a nurse passing by, if I could speak to the dept manager? Yes
She came out within a couple minutes.
 I explained the above, what the guy had done, and how he believed patients are responsible to reporting this stuff and he as a employee of the DHB is not.
She was astounded.. and going to speak to his supervisor.

So as far as i know that support person was sent out, no covid test yet very and obviously asymptomatic .

So get home.. thinking chat t the wife...
 This is wrong, this is the front line balls up that get us into lockdowns, ppl in hospitals.

So thinking this should be report offically.
Google.. not you best friend.
Ring DHB.. tell what happened , then passed to another dept.
 Tell what happens, given another number  explain. passed to another person , tell what happened  and told to ring som other ppl
 So this is where I ask " do you think this is important?
 She says "yes very important"
 So I tell her im going down a pass the buck rabbit hole..
But "not her dept its another depts complains dept."
So nowI explain to her  she knows who this should go to..
 Im not going any further down the bureaucratic  rabbit hole.
 "this is the situation  this is serous.. it is right across the road from the Clover Park area of interest."
 I have reported many times"
" This is exactly the situation where covid things go very wrong.. and if iit does then there are going to be a few ppl passing the buck with a lot egg on their face.."
 You are the last person Im talking to, you know who should have this information...what you do with it is now up to you"

" Our family is fully vacced, we live way out of town and by nature pretty much in isolation regardless if a lock down."

Now dont get me wrong , the general staff, office ppl, doctors I have had to deal with, move appointments times because live so far away .. could not speak more highly of for being pleasant efficient , on the ball over the last couple yrs , every month.
 The language translation  person.. is incompetent and a down right lair...

Funny how get that 2nd jab, few weks go by and the 'confidence' about covid jumps up.. chill out goes way up.
 And abstract thought of  "well Dawns theory comes in here for those who think no vac is worth the higher risk"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:00pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What is this Govt not telling us??

Border breach fines to increase in November,why?? wont we be in level2 so can move freely again.

tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/fines-breaching-covid-19-rules-soar-maximum-individual-12k

Penalties for Covid-19 breaches are being increased, with rule breakers potentially now facing fees up to $4000, and $12,000 if imposed by the courts. 

The maximum fines for companies would also be increasing from $300 to $12,000, and from $1000 to $15,000 if imposed by the court. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Crikey Steps, that's a lot of reading Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps you don’t know 1/100th of what can go wrong 😂
But yes your situation is very typical.

Pcj you need to keep up they are talking about level 3 until Christmas.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:34pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Steps you don’t know 1/100th of what can go wrong 😂
But yes your situation is very typical.

Pcj you need to keep up they are talking about level 3 until Christmas.

so what you saying is the govt lied yesterday? Level 3 for 2 weeks or you know more than the govt??
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No the media is drumming up level 3 until Christmas heard it several times today..,,we will see. We could cross the level 4 bridge again according to Bloomfield on Hosking,

Just saying what I heard hence the “they” in my comment.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Granny Herald was talking level 3 for summer but that would be political suucidet But she did mention today the 90% is achievable. Will just have to wait n see.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 7:53pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

No the media is drumming up level 3 until Christmas heard it several times today..,,we will see. We could cross the level 4 bridge again according to Bloomfield on Hosking,

Just saying what I heard hence the “they” in my comment.

Pretty sure the media are vying for sales Muppet. We are going to stay Level 3 for 2 weeks at least. There's no way the government will allow the MoH keep us at Level 3 if the data doesn't add up.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You are right about that Smudge.
Only when you pay $105 million in 12 months to the media you got to think that buyer is getting something for their money…
Live Polling on Newshub yesterday morning had 75% wanting to stay in level 4.
Just saying what I heard guys.
Again I hope I am wrong, I just can’t help having a pessimistic view on this.
Page  <1 186187188189190 206>