Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 182183184185186 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Covid has certainly turned into a battle between rights, truth, stats and facts. Like just about the state of everything else in our lives of the past few years.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:30pm
fishfeeder2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I edited my post as not to show disrespect towards minorities in the past...and apologize.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:11pm
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:04pm
Phoenix_Protocol View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:05am
Crochet Cast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

"I heard"  "found this " "my grandmother auntie said this"

OK number vaccinations  world wide .. is millions.. nah not going to both getting the stats of ppl dieing ..

Those who are worried about side effects , death blah  blah..

If so you will never had  been in airplanes or cars , or buses, or boats ... or crossed the road , or stung buy a sting ray , or swiming and drowned...and will never again.
 Why ? cause the chances of getting hurt or dieing are far greater than the vaccines.

And this is anti vac logic applied ...

Also notice most of use just get on and do what we think needs doing..
 Then we have the bloody anti vaccs, keep forcing , jamming their logic down the rest (by far majority) of people...

Just let use get on with what we want to do, and you do , or not do , your thing..
 But like measles small pox , and host of other deadly stuff... keep you and your family away from our grandchildren.

We just seen what happened around the world with the recent measles out break...

The issue is the high level of innumeracy in the population. Once numbers get big they stop becoming intuitive. It takes education and critical thinking to actually understand larger numbers and small percentages.
Humans are awful at risk assessment.

To make this worse is the media and people making a point try to use simple ways to tell a story.
Here’s a purely fictional and hypothetical scenario.
An epidemiological study is done on a large population.
The data comes in and it shows that there is a difference between the incidence of TAS21 (a deadly disease) in fisherman compared to the general population.

Headline reads fisherman twice as likely to get TAS21.
Although technically true the incidence of our fictional TAS21 in the general population is 1 in a million people or 0.0001%. In fisherman it’s 2 in a million people or 0.0002%.

Headline sounds scary but they look like good odds to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:35am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fishfeeder2 fishfeeder2 wrote:

I edited my post as not to show disrespect towards minorities in the past...and apologize.

nah bollox stand by what you write or don't write it... don't be a jellyfish
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:41am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is complete misinformation. TAS21 has infected far more people than that. 😂

But yes I know what you mean.

Numbers can be read and manipulated and when you get people saying “we are your only source of truth”. Well things get very murky especially when you know they are or have lied. Or flip flopped on information.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:43am
Silver
Silver

there are people that will take what I said out of context and have a go at me,it was'nt the best comparison but its not far from the truth.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:21am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don’t worry about it. We can all agree or disagree and still be civil.
It’s the problem with using just merely words.
It shows the importance of body language and tone in communication doesn’t it?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:24am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Don’t worry about it. We can all agree or disagree and still be civil.
It’s the problem with using just merely words.
It shows the importance of body language and tone in communication doesn’t it?

that's exactly why words are important
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:32am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes and because someone may not be as good as articulating a point as maybe they could does not mean they should not say anything.

I mean there are literally loads of well educated people who say some of the dumbest things in a most articulate manner.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:41am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Keep it up guys, , trying to get your point understood isn't always easy, and hey, if you are usually thoughtful and reasonable, I'm hoping the odd time we write something a bit questionable, we get the benefit of the doubt.

Feel for you poor buggas locked up at the moment, even if it's on full pay, I'd be going nuts..I almost didn't cope with 3 weeks this time..was going a bit troppo.
Still am, but I'm getting there... this boat project is dragging... best I go do some more, summer is looming.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:59am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Take BS  the pic above posted by thinkfish

100% risk.. what total BS
 Big Phama. 0% .. its hard to name any chemical company that has not run foul of millions in damages and stuff over .. well my memory thalidomide, thru to dioxen, and many since.

And still comes back .. will ppl who think even post this BS actually have the intelligence to understand basic stats..And at early primary school level.
 Even tuis , kea, kaka , and other parrots can do that.

As Crocket Cast states.. have even the basic concept of persecution

Never fly in a plane, ride in a car or bus or train or motor bike or bicycle or cross a street  because the stats say you have better odds of getting killed or even hurt doing that.

Some ppl just cant see that when they open their mouth up the change feet....and keep repeatedly do it.
Indicates where the brain doesnt have the function to learn.

We have no issues with vacc, lockdown stress (dont have any cause have a real life doing real stuff)
 The only thing that p155es most ppl off is those thickies described above  (incuding why they are)

Oh and the bloody Waikato bar has been yesterday and today... looks a little narrower than usually.. just stick safe distance off from (the unexpected 2X normal swell breaking) the shore break on the starboard going out.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:14am
Silver
Silver

nice projecting steps. Anybody that doesnt trust an un proven vaccine is an idiot right? Wow
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:58am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had a 89 to 92 % odds of recovering from my open heart..
I took it.

Also I had 0.03% of having not died in the previous 12 months... which did not know about till couple hrs going to theater.

This was pre covid.
 Post covid , without the op.. and even having the op and daily swill if drugs.. still at risk to covid.
The issue being no vaccination , with hospitals under staffed and under resourced , even beds at a level to mexico..
I would have been left in an over crowed corridor , filled with 100s , even 1000s of others, unattended , desperate for air.. like drowning, all by myself .. till died.

That is reality.. vaccines drop the severely and risk of even need for hospitalization to very very low numbers.. very low.

Now that you say "unproven" is BS yeeah BS.. we have the biggest stats /  confirmation trial  of any drug in the history of mankind, in the last 12 months
 And you say "unproven"

The above , from lack of hospital resource in NZ to vaccinations per hospitalization are real life numbers now over millions, maybe even 100s of millions ppl
And it as "unproven"

The covid vac stats are far better than modern risks for open heart surgery in a country thats has been a pioneer in the field over the lat 50 55 yrs.
 Yet we have open heart...

Like the old saying  " open mouth to change feet"

I have come to the conclusion  that conclusion that for some reason conspirators and the like do not have the ability to simply stand back , take a new object look at stats etc , over time... and EVER be able to have change of heart..
Thats not stubborn...its just something that is missing from their brain function.

Now I wonder if my "conclusion" of 60 odd yrs of observation actually has some statistical and /or psychological analysis basis to it...

Certainly does in these forums.. I think.
 Who, has actually changed or even modified their thought on this.... ?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Silver
Silver

Unproven to be safe in the long term Steps...you do understand that or are you ignoring that small fact smh..... lol Just like Pfizers Champix which they have just pulled from market cause....it causes cancer... see how that works? You can cherry pick my comments..its all good..ive seen you do it to others for a while too,very predictable. keep projecting though.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kind of stood back from this covid.now  look at it the way I have looked at it and is that serious??

Covid 19 2020   4000 cases 27 deaths
Delta  1000 cases 1 death from elderly person who had under lying medical issues.

Kind of wrong message being sent out, vaccinated 33% 1 or 2 doses

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 12:20pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fishfeeder2 fishfeeder2 wrote:

Unproven to be safe in the long term

Exactly. these vaccines are being pumped out left right and centre with no idea on what the long term effects may be...
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think fish feeder is stating a fact about the long term effects too. We simply do not know they have not been around long enough.

And Pjc is correct too. The only trouble is the hospitalisations if you multiply it by population it will decimate healthcare providers with treatments even if only a few die.
This is of course if we get a big outbreak.

As far as the vaccine test goes with such low exposure in NZ to any covid it will give a truer perspective on how effective it is,
I hope it all works out ok and indeed there are no ill effects from it. I think it was 33% are fully vaccinated now.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 12:53pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In Europe, you are not categorised as fully vaccinated until 14 days after...
So, if you end up hospitalised within those 14 days, you are classed as a covid case, whether it's from the vaccine or covid itself, and if you die from it, you are just a stupid unvaxed twit it seems.

If my opinion offends some and makes me unwelcome, such is life.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Page  <1 182183184185186 206>