Topic Closed

Page  <1 152153154155156 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:30pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Not sure I agree with his reasoning as to the cause of the failures.
Simply failing to follow your own protocols is more about incompetence I
would think - at various levels.

incompetence is a attitude, an attitude that comes or doesnt come from leader ship allowing such things.
 I grows till something serious trigers on something serious, be it government  a company or a hiking group.
 Incompetence happens when  ppl 'trying to do their best' is acceptable, and they get a pat on the head...
 Real world, unless under competent training (leadership) trying to do ones best  is not good enough..  This is where 'trying people' comes from
Children should not be told to try their best.. they either do their best or not... If just try then this leads into their work style and leadership style
You want a Surgeon just to try his best when he opens up your chest to replace a few bits and pieces? Or actually do his best as per his skills and training?

The term craftsman has near gone, craftsmen dont try  they do.. tradesmen these days are far too often just ppl who ticked the multi choice questions right after looking at the answers in the back of the paper....

Very Yoda

I have worked in and with trades all my life. not just those who call themselves tradies because they work with their hands but with those who have done time served apprenticeships.

I'm an electrician by trade and it wasn't until I worked in an industrial environment that I found my place in the world. I then got a management job for various reasons.

I see tradesmen and those who do manual work as the lifeblood of this nation. Taking nothing away from others but I do know a good worker when I see one.

I started as an apprentice in 1972, so old school by today's standards. I now look after 32 people - 1 x TA 1 x Planner 4 x mechanical apprentices ( and a responsibility for 15 other apprentices) 8 heavy fabricators, 8 machinists and 10 fitters.

I can honestly say that most of those apprentices and young tradesmen (two ladies in there) are as good a group as I have ever worked with, both skill & attitude wise.

We've had a couple of failures for sure. I remember when I was an apprentice. i left school at 15. My dad didn't want me to go to uni because he hated uni students. I had to get a job and he got me one! It wasn't until I was mid 20's that I decided to sort myself out and take an interest in my trade.

There are some great young people around today, just like in 'our day'. There are so many really good young people around, give them a chance. 

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:46pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.
How many of you have a android or smart phone??
go in to settings click on google and there it is. Covid 19 tracking.
Need to turn on blue tooth to activate but its there.
I never installed it.
Further more it cannot be uninstalled.

It doesn’t do anything unless you install a covid app that utilises the google and Apple api.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:46pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I never installed it.

Big brother is doing more than tracking. Google is always listening,phone on or off. I don't mind a app being installed on my phone without my permission (sort of) but is that the apps sole.purpose? And why give us a choice to download,but if we don't they shove it in with a software update? Watch my left hand when the right is what you should be watching.
Oh,smudge,that post was on point.đź‘Ť
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:49pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

I never installed it.

It doesn’t do anything unless you install a covid app that utilises the google and Apple api.

Besides the point. Why was it "covertly""
downloaded without notification that it's there?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:30pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The APP hasnt been covertly downloaded on your android or iphone, the operating system update has installed software that will assist the app to collect contact tracing data...IF YOU DOWNLOAD AN APP...

The suggestion that it has been covertly installed on your phone is synonymous with the larger issue of stupidity  
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:44pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

The APP hasnt been covertly downloaded on your android or iphone, the operating system update has installed software that will assist the app to collect contact tracing data...IF YOU DOWNLOAD AN APP...

The suggestion that it has been covertly installed on your phone is synonymous with the larger issue of stupidity  

Classy man. Clap clap. Downloading the app is a choice,and has been encouraged,having the supporting software hidden in an update without notification wasn't a choice,with no permission.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Exactly FF you should have a choice to download or not,what else ids being hidden without your knowledge??
I only found out due to a F/B post,otherwise I would have no idea it was there.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 9:52pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Not sure I agree with his reasoning as to the cause of the failures.
Simply failing to follow your own protocols is more about incompetence I
would think - at various levels.

incompetence is a attitude, an attitude that comes or doesnt come from leader ship allowing such things.
 I grows till something serious trigers on something serious, be it government  a company or a hiking group.
 Incompetence happens when  ppl 'trying to do their best' is acceptable, and they get a pat on the head...
 Real world, unless under competent training (leadership) trying to do ones best  is not good enough..  This is where 'trying people' comes from
Children should not be told to try their best.. they either do their best or not... If just try then this leads into their work style and leadership style
You want a Surgeon just to try his best when he opens up your chest to replace a few bits and pieces? Or actually do his best as per his skills and training?

The term craftsman has near gone, craftsmen dont try  they do.. tradesmen these days are far too often just ppl who ticked the multi choice questions right after looking at the answers in the back of the paper....

Very Yoda

I have worked in and with trades all my life. not just those who call themselves tradies because they work with their hands but with those who have done time served apprenticeships.

I'm an electrician by trade and it wasn't until I worked in an industrial environment that I found my place in the world. I then got a management job for various reasons.

I see tradesmen and those who do manual work as the lifeblood of this nation. Taking nothing away from others but I do know a good worker when I see one.

I started as an apprentice in 1972, so old school by today's standards. I now look after 32 people - 1 x TA 1 x Planner 4 x mechanical apprentices ( and a responsibility for 15 other apprentices) 8 heavy fabricators, 8 machinists and 10 fitters.

I can honestly say that most of those apprentices and young tradesmen (two ladies in there) are as good a group as I have ever worked with, both skill & attitude wise.

We've had a couple of failures for sure. I remember when I was an apprentice. i left school at 15. My dad didn't want me to go to uni because he hated uni students. I had to get a job and he got me one! It wasn't until I was mid 20's that I decided to sort myself out and take an interest in my trade.

There are some great young people around today, just like in 'our day'. There are so many really good young people around, give them a chance. 

Agree Smudge I did my HVAC time here.
I will never claim to be perfect but always go to work with the right attitude.
Work can be tough sometimes nearing the end of a refurb on an old building, always a challenge.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 7:52am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

I never installed it.

Besides the point. Why was it "covertly""
downloaded without notification that it's there?

It’s an api that is part of the operating system. It wasn’t a secret and was widely publicised by both Apple and Google. It enables a Covid tracking app to work so that people with android and Apple phones can both contribute to data collection.

For anything to happen you would need to install an app first.  Not sure what the android situation is (and if you are one of the paranoids on here you shouldn’t even have an android phone should you?) but on iOS the whole api can be turned off anyway and is off by default.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:04am
Platinum
Platinum

Classy man. Clap clap. Downloading the app is a choice,and has been encouraged,having the supporting software hidden in an update without notification wasn't a choice,with no permission.

There is no app you can download in NZ to use the API. You might just want to stop digging.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:08am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It was a choice, you clicked "agree" when you  installed the update on your phone. Not reading or understanding  what you agreed to is........ 
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:26am
Titanium
Titanium

There is no app you can download in NZ to use the API. You might just want to stop digging.

Jesus mate,I said I don't care that it's there,and I wasn't digging for anything.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:28am
Titanium
Titanium

It was a choice, you clicked "agree" when you  installed the update on your phone. Not reading or understanding  what you agreed to is........ 

No,my phone automatically updates when connected to WiFi,no big deal it's on my phone,doesn't bother me.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:46am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We've had a couple of failures for sure.

Sometimes some ppl just dont work out,
 All the rest comes down to leadership
 And as far as manual workers, from cleaners thru to tradies, shop keepers nurses and teachers.
 They think they are the core?... they are the core.. we just got to look at history where these ppl have been removed from a society.. The economy , the social structures all fall apart.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:41pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:31pm
Titanium
Titanium

There will be more virii,China just can't help themselves.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:58pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It is not on my Iphone..
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 7:09pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And we want to bring in a whole lot of students from China. Money is so much more important than life.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Somehow we are missing a huge opportunity for this country..
 Tourists , ok  say a certifiec no covid to get on a plane here, then 14 days isolation and re test this end..

Nah just doesnt seem to work...

The other industry hit is education..
 A lot very rich ppl around the world with very precious children.
Some of this money should be going back to our education industry, PLUS a new industry for NZ.
 Isolation industry.. very tight, no PC BS, with different levels of 'comfort'  and expensive.

NZ is essentially unique in the world , covid free.
 For get the "clean green " marketing hipe

We take full advantage of , "Covid free NZ for your childrens safe education."

It seems this government or our bureaucracies  have no vision for the future.
 We are in a bit of a hole,

We could also set up for children going to education in isolation with their family 'support'  and families then go on to see our  "clean green " country.

Is it so hard to do to fleece a bit more of the very rich over seas?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:32pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I see Cindy is gonna get wheeled out again  a couple of times a week and preach the 10 commandments regarding C19. Jesus Christ.... what ya know.... theres an election coming up. No doubt we will be facing imminent death if we dont follow her advice.
 Shes  clearly hoping to re-gain some of the high ratings she enjoyed during the lockdown.  Hopefully the general public that are adults , that dont need to be talked to like they are 5 years old and can take care of themselves thankyou very much- will see this for what it really is.
Page  <1 152153154155156 206>