Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 4748495051 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:20pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Covid 19 The game is over--by Jean-Dominique Michel.

Cant manage to put up a link but googling the above you should find it for anyone who is interested.
A lengthy blog. May need to be read carefully to take all in.
Jean -Dominique Michel is based in Geneva Switzerland.
He is a MSC in medical Anthropology.A public health expert ,for 30 years has studied healthcare & systems.
Explains why Hongkong Taiwan ,korea, singapore have been more successful in containing the virus compared to other nations. And much more.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:51pm
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:01pm
BeastMode View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

The positives of this covid19??
The obesity rate might drop(no takeaways) people learning to cook,in a short time you can make a healthy simple meal,exercising when they dont normally.
Talking to neighbours(over the fence)connecting long lost friends,phone/FB
Might appreciate touring NZ (when allowed) and not dong the OE??
NZ motels might drop prices to encourage to see home first(not holding my breathe).

I suspect there would have been more positives (or less negatives rather) from letting it run its course, in comparison. We will see.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:52pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

need to see some proof of the no spirits claim lad, as far as I can tell they can still sell online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:07pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:15pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BeastMode BeastMode wrote:

The obesity rate might drop(no takeaways) people learning to cook,in a short time you can make a healthy simple meal,exercising when they dont normally.
NZ motels might drop prices to encourage to see home first(not holding my breathe).

I suspect there would have been more positives (or less negatives rather) from letting it run its course, in comparison. We will see.

We will find out in a month or so, as that is basically what Sweden has done.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:44pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/sale-spirits-rtds-west-auckland-liquor-stores-banned-during-lockdown-stop-long-queues-towners

Yes online sales but will a courier deem it essential??

This is to stop all the idiots traveling to west Auckland to buy spirits.  Spirits remain available online and have been delivered for awhile now from people like Glengarry 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:57pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/sale-spirits-rtds-west-auckland-liquor-stores-banned-during-lockdown-stop-long-queues-towners

Yes online sales but will a courier deem it essential??

yep so that's quite different to your original post.....
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 12:37am
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

First post on this thread. NZ is starting to slip off the trendline. Last few days have been almost linear. 

Explanation here, for those that struggle with maths.

Graphs here 

Nice thing about log graphs is that they turn things into straight lines, and NZ is just beginning to get off it. 

We have a chance to get back to normality (except for foreign students and tourism) sooner than I would have thought. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 5:22am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

big challenge is keep lockdown in place long enough and ease off without a rise again - I suspect overseas travel will be restricted for a long timemaybe a year or more?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 6:33am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MacSkipper MacSkipper wrote:

big challenge is keep lockdown in place long enough and ease off without a rise again - I suspect overseas travel will be restricted for a long timemaybe a year or more?

I heard someone in tourism industry saying they were hoping for an upturn early summer.  I thought that optimistic, but it could be that borders are open to selected countries where covid is well under control.

I suspect late summer more realistic
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:22am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by OneWayTraffic OneWayTraffic wrote:

First post on this thread. NZ is starting to slip off the trendline. Last few days have been almost linear. 

Explanation here, for those that struggle with maths.

Graphs here 

Nice thing about log graphs is that they turn things into straight lines, and NZ is just beginning to get off it. 

We have a chance to get back to normality (except for foreign students and tourism) sooner than I would have thought. 

yes I noted this on FridayIn an earlier post. However this thread is mostly about whingeing and fear mongering. There isn’t much interest in real information. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:39am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is not over yet. As Ned Stark said Winter Is Coming.

Just about every year I get hit with colds worse in early spring and if this is still hanging around. Well....

My fear is all this lockdown will be for nothing it only takes one or two still infected when its lifted.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:52am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Exactly "Muppet" once winter flu/colds start and mix with the virus will be in it deeper.
Even when we have a week with no new cases and ease up on movements.Do you start opening the borders up?? I say no unless testing of all inbound are tested.Even then you maybe a carrier without the symptoms and now we are all nice and sterile(through living in a bubble)When we do venture around what bacterial things are we going to suffer from??
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:59am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There will be a gradual easing and social distancing will still be encouraged through winter.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:22am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BeastMode BeastMode wrote:

Both ofthese post  certainly make on think..
 In the back of my mind, yes all good a and fluffies we may very well see this crisis out with serious consequences other than economic.

But poses a big question in my head...
What scares me is lets say NZ sees this out basically unscathed.
We have a population with nil resistance to this flu..
The other flus, have come and gone and to a certain degree around the world some resistance unless under laying conditions..and even most those may have some immunity to getting baddly sick.

Now with NZ population being protected, we start to go back to normal.. eventually people will stat to go off shore , come back, espec politicians..and we will have ppl coming into the country..
To a country with nil resistance.. and keep in mind a vaccine is a good 12/18 months away and by the time NZ gets enough to inject the population
 And if vaccination would be compulsory..

IF Im right having isolated to the degree of not allowing it to spread at all we as a country and it citizens may very well be in a far worse position long term
 Heath and economic..

Its just an abstract thought thinking all this stuff thru for the next 1 to 5 yrs..

Have we made a mistake on full isolate not letting spread at all?
or was that not the actual intention? we just did it so well?

Should we at least let it spread in a very controlled manner so not as to overload  medical services and keep serious cases very well supported?

Are my concerns just wrong, why? or right  have substance???

Another question I have.
 We have hospital at around 50% all elective surgery stopped.. before this or DHBs where having issues with ppl dieing  becoming disabled because of delays etc...
 Where are these people, lots of them now?  how are they doing? Are they still dieing  and if so more of them?

Where the hell are the old school investigative reporters who used to think these things thru and follow up ?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:04am
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just needing a place to vent, but as someone who is abiding by the lockdown, to the point our second child was born at home on last Tuesday (healthy little girl).
How is the GOVT not cracking down on these people hard

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/04/coronavirus-resident-furious-outsiders-ignoring-lockdown-to-use-holiday-homes.html

Seriously pisses my off! We need to now see the iron hand enforcing this thing. Otherwise it's just been a complete joke. In my humble opinion..... Maybe I'm just getting extra grumpy without having been for a fish for a while?!?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:12am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No it is fair enough.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:13am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh and congrats on the little one!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:25am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Waylander Waylander wrote:

Just needing a place to vent, but as someone who is abiding by the lockdown, to the point our second child was born at home on last Tuesday (healthy little girl).
How is the GOVT not cracking down on these people hard

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/04/coronavirus-resident-furious-outsiders-ignoring-lockdown-to-use-holiday-homes.html

Seriously pisses my off! We need to now see the iron hand enforcing this thing. Otherwise it's just been a complete joke. In my humble opinion..... Maybe I'm just getting extra grumpy without having been for a fish for a while?!?
Congratulations on the new fisher girl.
Yes why are they still travelling?? could be bringing the virus from where ever to coro unknownly.
Page  <1 4748495051 206>