Covid 19 - fishing & anything related

Topic Closed

Page  <1 3839404142 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:55pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think we will be isolated from other still infected countries. And PM may try to lift some lock down from those areas not affected by hot spots. We shall see.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:29pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We may have been lucky shutting down in time. Closing borders should have happened earlier I feel. We still have troops to get home yet.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:50pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My last flu jab was the hong kong think it was in the early mid 70s.
 And other than for the open heart stuff, a yr ago no antibiotics.
 Since then , even for 45 yrs a very heavy smoker (gave up about 10 or 12 yrs back)...
Have taken for a couple days a zinc magnesium, and sulpher tablet supplements, and cap full of cider/ pickled onion juice, the moment a cut goes slightly red or a tickle in the throat sort of thing or stools change, along with a cap of cider vinegar, or top off the gurken/ pickled onion jar.
 Read a book way back then about maintaining the immune system before crap happens.
 Coincidence or not, I have been giving plattletes rather than blood for many yrs upto the heart thingy.
 If get sick, maybe 0nce every 4 or 5 yrs at best is a bit ofa temp, runny nose and play on it for 24hrs.

We hear.. " good diet, for good immune system .. they tell use about everything else except what in a good diet keeps our immune system up BEFORE we get infected.. be it a virus , bacteria , or a bloody snapper spike.

So for a couple months now , just in case, we have upped the sulpher , magnesium zinc tablets to 1 a day rather than just as feel a tickle in the throat...
Have wondered abstractly for a long time thu why Im one of those  less than 10% who have such high platettes in my blood and if has anything to do with long term S Zn Mg andcider/ pickled oinion juice  ????

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:51pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In a week or two we will know every ones true hair colour.
Will there be less blondes.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:02pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hahaha...love it cirrus. 👍😷
There's only one real way to know.... social distancing has put end to that lol.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Covid-19 Testing

Tests     pos test    tests per million people         pos tests per Thousand
Aus  29 Mar 229,401    3,980              9032                                      17

NZ   26 Mar  12,683       262               2551                                       21

GB   29 Mar 127,737   19,522             1891                                       153

NY   29 Mar 172,360   59,513              8860                                      345 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:02pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

In a week or two we will know every ones true hair colour.
Will there be less blondes.
Thats funny. Law of unintended consequences. Aus I think extended hair salon appts to more than 30 min. Essential service. So many aussie blondes. Doubt NZ would do that. Answer - yes - for sure.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:33am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still struggling with Wuhan numbers but it starting to seem clear,a lot higher than what we are being told.

296/3/20

By subtracting the expected deaths of roughly 16,000 in Wuhan, based on China's annual death rate over two and a half months, they estimate that the urns show that the coronavirus outbreak could have resulted in approximately 26,000 deaths. It is currently unclear, however, how many of the urns have been used.

Math based on urns, assumptions and social media isn't anything to go by. But it offers one estimation of the city's real death figure and further lends credence to the skepticism held by many of the accuracy of the Chinese government's officially reported Wuhan COVID-19 death tally

Mowerman(some will remember him)While visiting his wife in the Philippines ,Chinas reported death rate was 150k so even halve what he said is still 75k so the figure of 25k seems realistic to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:44am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fish Feeder - Even that method is not of much use now as not many have hair there anymore.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:54am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi, people keep saying that borders should have been shut earlier but we closed them when we only had a few cases compared to other countries. If everyone closes their borders nobody can get home.
Also, kiwis continue to keep coming in. No country can deny a citizen into their own country. And it is them bringing it in. They closed the borders to all non residents and citizens on the 19th, so every case after that is a NZ citizens or resident returning from overseas. Here are all the people who have caught it and what dates they entered the country. Most are after the 19th

link
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:59am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Was thinking last night about toilet paper hoarding.
It really was begining to get on a roll.
Glad its eased off a bit now as it could have ended in a significant movement.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:23am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I thought we should have shut the border a month ago. Allowed NZ citizens/residents to return, but straight in to enforced quarantine (not self isolation), and turned back everyone else. We could have sailed through this and Jacinda could still have made emotional/politically expedient speeches to the world. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:29am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My wife has just come back from supermarket complaining about price of meat and quality.

This could rapidly change my stance on no fishing when I just saw what she got and the price.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:39am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No logical reason why you should not go fishing. Except they say you cant. You are isolated,not depending on a motor.
We are told fishing is out in case someone breaks down. The positives of getting out into nature far outweigh the negatives. Have heard the longliners and other commercial vessels are working. Who comes to their rescue.? Surely not the coastguard. They would have to break isolation.
A lot of fear being pushed. Very little positive news
Just tune into the 6 oclock news for your daily dose of fear.
Just great for the immune system. Not.
And our immune system is the only thing standing between us and virus. Keep active,keep healthy.
Certainly a lot less cars out there.Wont be long before we have lots of flat batteries as cars sit.
And where will people get a new battery, so that  in an emergency they can use the car.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:48am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Now that YOUR community has been exposed to it, should YOU be forcibly quarantined (not self isolation) even though you show no symptoms? It is the same thing. It's all great suggesting it when you are talking about other people. Typical NIMBY views. Well now YOU are just as much a risk as anyone passing through customs today. Should YOU be imprisoned/ deported / refused access to your own country?

Jacinda has said this. Forcibly quarantining 10,000 people is not a good use of resources - we don't even HAVE any resources for it (if we did, prisons wouldn't be overcrowded). Nor do we want to live in the the kind of country that does forcibly imprison the innocent and has the power to take away human rights "just in case".
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:01pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today the NZ herald tells us 14000 could die of corona virus in nz. The other day it was 80000. What hat do they pull these numbers from.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:04pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd love to be quarantined, you wouldn't have to force me. Unfortunately, I'm a frontline doctor, so no such luxury. A reminder of what we are dealing with here.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Said it in the wrong thread.

Watch Sweden.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:34pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

I thought we should have shut the border a month ago. Allowed NZ citizens/residents to return, but straight in to enforced quarantine (not self isolation), and turned back everyone else. We could have sailed through this and Jacinda could still have made emotional/politically expedient speeches to the world. 

Easy to say after the fact.  A month ago we had one case in NZ and there were only 5,000 cases outside of China globally.  Would have been pretty insane to cause so much hardship for certain when the risk was unknown and possibly low.

I support the current lockdown but can't help notice how Australia seems to be getting away nicely with a lot less economics disruption.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's a tough call, no doubt there will be real hardship. Glad I'm not running the country, but given the risk I'd go with caution.
Page  <1 3839404142 206>