Page  <1 3738394041 206>
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:05am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

exactly. one trip to supermarket ,many contacts. even picking up something that who knows how many people have touched. 
And where is the sanitiser when you enter and leave.

So here we are. Indoors ,keeping our distance, constantly cleaning ourselves, waiting for food. Starting to show all the traits  of  the cat.

I don’t think you realise what a close contact is, it doesn’t mean walking past someone in a supermarket. Remember the virus is not airborne.

From the MOH

Close contacts

A ‘Close contact’ is defined as any person with the following exposure to a suspect, confirmed or probable case during the case’s infectious period, without appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE):

• direct contact with the body fluids or the laboratory specimens of a case
  • presence in the same room in a health care setting when an aerosol-generating procedure is undertaken on a case
  • living in the same household or household-like setting (eg, shared section of in a hostel) with a case
  • face-to-face contact in any setting within two metres of a case for 15 minutes or more
  • having been in a closed environment (e.g. a classroom, hospital waiting room, or conveyance other than aircraft) within 2 metres of a case for 15 minutes or more
  • having been seated on an aircraft within 2 metres of a case (for economy class this would mean 2 seats in any direction including seats across the aisle, other classes would require further assessment) 
  • aircraft crew exposed to a case (a risk assessment conducted by the airline is required to identify which crew should be managed as close contacts).

Yet WHO says covid 19 can remain airbourne in some circumstanse.
Does anyone really know

Yet at our local N.W ,the staff ,since day one have been in close contact with thousands of customers . No protective gear what so ever,despite wanting it. To my knowledge none have become sick.
We only know what we are told and that changes.

Not really, you have to understand what you are reading. The WHO info is about aerosol generating procedures in a hospital setting and for that you wear an N95 / FP2/ P2 mask.  The same advice has been given by the MOH to healthcare workers in NZ.  Otherwise healthcare workers just wear a normal surgical mask.

Workers in retail don't need masks according to both WHO and MOH

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:47am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

THE VIRUS DID NOT COME FROM A LAB

While there remain many questions about the trajectory of the Covid-19 disease outbreak, one thing is broadly accepted in the scientific community: The virus was not created in a lab but naturally evolved in an animal host.

SARS-CoV-2's genomic molecular structure - think the backbone of the virus - is closest to a coronavirus found in bats. Parts of its structure also resemble a virus found in scaly anteaters, according to a paper published earlier this month in the journal Nature Medicine.

Someone manufacturing a virus targeting people would have started with one that attacked humans, wrote National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins in an editorial that accompanied the paper.

Andersen was lead author on the paper. He said it could have been a one-time occurrence.

"It's possible it was a single event, from a single animal to a single human," and spread from there.

Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The call is out from nurses/mid wives for full facial protection,Why take the risk??
Get some Ahole who starts spitting,and they around,had a crack at 2 joggers yesterday morning going past who just spat in front of themselves,cannot repeat what I could do with myself.
Which is something that police/govt should be mentioning "spitting" most disgusting thing one can do at anytime.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:58am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I sorta understood why (maybe butches etc where closed...
 Whiching a butcher that was open on the new the other night... swing doors.. everyone pushed the door in the same place..
 Supermarkets have self open doors..
 Dairies generally have doors open all the time (dont know for sure now as have been out to see since over 10 days ago.

Am I right in that..
 Looking forward here..

1/ When we get to 14 days in our bubble and no one has any symptoms we have avoided the virus?
2/ At some point after the 14 days it may have been possible to start opening things up a bit (fish / hunt sort a stuff if it wasn't for F..ing idiots breaking bubbles causing areas of doubtful virus security??

Im not implying we should just an academic question with a huge finger pointed at idiots who restrict good citizens freedoms..again.

Our , well one of our buble, 1st venture out will be day 13, to get a few eggs and fresh veggies... a top up as have a main grocery delivery next Sunday.
 Nope we having panic brouight or stocked up..
 We have for yrs maintained a supplied pantry, which enables to buy most of our groceries on specials...
Also means if proverbial ever happens we have several weeks of basic supplies, which by coincidence, AS PER CIVIL DEFENCE LONG TERM GUIDE LINES.
 Funny how so many things like this is also very cost effective in the long run..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:46am
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

I sorta understood why (maybe butches etc where closed...
 Whiching a butcher that was open on the new the other night... swing doors.. everyone pushed the door in the same place..
 Supermarkets have self open doors..
 Dairies generally have doors open all the time (dont know for sure now as have been out to see since over 10 days ago.

Am I right in that..
 Looking forward here..

1/ When we get to 14 days in our bubble and no one has any symptoms we have avoided the virus?
2/ At some point after the 14 days it may have been possible to start opening things up a bit (fish / hunt sort a stuff if it wasn't for F..ing idiots breaking bubbles causing areas of doubtful virus security??

Im not implying we should just an academic question with a huge finger pointed at idiots who restrict good citizens freedoms..again.

Our , well one of our buble, 1st venture out will be day 13, to get a few eggs and fresh veggies... a top up as have a main grocery delivery next Sunday.
 Nope we having panic brouight or stocked up..
 We have for yrs maintained a supplied pantry, which enables to buy most of our groceries on specials...
Also means if proverbial ever happens we have several weeks of basic supplies, which by coincidence, AS PER CIVIL DEFENCE LONG TERM GUIDE LINES.
 Funny how so many things like this is also very cost effective in the long run..

Only after a month (28 days) since the last person to get symptoms could have infected someone who then has 14 days to display theirs
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:40pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I doubt we will get a perfect result - probably a matter of what they decide they can live with. Have to wait and see.
But I have just been for a walk in nearby paddock looking for mushrooms - weather turned crappy. Next thing I hear a hell of a commotion. Took a while to work it out. Adults and kids shouting and swearing at each other at top of their voices. Not pretty.
This is 5 days in. And we are in what I consider a primo spot if you have to be somewhere for a month. Some people are going to find this extremely tough. May get ugly for some - perhaps police having to get called in. A mate said to me the other day, Divorce lawyers will be busy in a month. Thought he was joking. Maybe not.
Steps - according to F&Game - normal fishing/hunting activities will only resume when at level 3. And that may turn out to be region by region thing - who knows.
Edit - Duck shooting - for those that do, is still on the table as a possibility.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Britain is starting community trials of malaria drug Hydroxchloroquine. This means it will be tested on large groups (100) of patients with mild Covid-19 and results compared against a similar size group given a placebo. It is expected the group given the malaria drug will recover quicker and be infectious for a shorter time.

The new 105.police form to dob in those breaking the lock down received 5,000 notifications on the first day.

From radio talk back it appears banks are now only open on Wednesdays from 9 am to 1 pm. They are only doing limited duties. 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mr Moritz Mr Moritz wrote:

Britain is starting community trials of malaria drug Hydroxchloroquine. This means it will be tested on large groups (100) of patients with mild Covid-19 and results compared against a similar size group given a placebo. It is expected the group given the malaria drug will recover quicker and be infectious for a shorter time.

The new 105.police form to dob in those breaking the lock down received 5,000 notifications on the first day.

From radio talk back it appears banks are now only open on Wednesdays from 9 am to 1 pm. They are only doing limited duties. 

Pity about the euphoria over Hydroxychloroquine.  It has already killed one idiot in the US and people are trying to get it all over the world. There is no good evidence it is of any benefit for COVID-19.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-warns-against-using-form-chloroquine-killed-man-sickened-his-n1171226

It is however now needing to be restricted in NZ so patients who actually need it can get it.Clap

https://www.pharmac.govt.nz/information-for/covid-19-pharmacs-response/covid-19-information-for-prescribers/covid-19-hydroxychloroquine/

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That guy that does used a fish tank cleaner,not off the shelf meds. It also has to be used with zinc.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:34pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Moritz Mr Moritz wrote:

Pity about the euphoria over Hydroxychloroquine.  It has already killed one idiot in the US and people are trying to get it all over the world. There is no good evidence it is of any benefit for COVID-19.

The guy who died. He and his wife used a type of chloroquine used for cleaning fish tanks. He died and his wife seriously ill.
Quite a bit of evidence it works though. France has done small tests and use it. Looks like UK will use it. China and Sth Korea use it.
Hydroxychlorquine allows zinc to get inside cell where Covid-19 is multiplying. The zinc slows the multiplication. Hope their tests show it works 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-warns-against-using-form-chloroquine-killed-man-sickened-his-n1171226

It is however now needing to be restricted in NZ so patients who actually need it can get it.Clap

https://www.pharmac.govt.nz/information-for/covid-19-pharmacs-response/covid-19-information-for-prescribers/covid-19-hydroxychloroquine/

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:43pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The new 105.police form to dob in those breaking the lock down received 5,000 notifications on the first day."

Spoke to a mate on Gt Barrier y/day. Says the locals are seriously p...d off. Large boats have congregated there, and it is party town. And diving for scallops etc, while the locals cannot. Said tensions running high. Then they come ashore expecting service from the locals.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:02pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As above, quite an amount of Jafas have come norf to their flash holiday homes and then stripped the local dairiy's shelves.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:07pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:26pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

That guy that does used a fish tank cleaner,not off the shelf meds. It also has to be used with zinc.

Reference please
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:42pm
Titanium
Titanium

dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:59pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Took all of.10 seconds to find. You can use Google no?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/arizona-man-dies-after-ingesting-fish-tank-chloroquine-to-prevent-coronavirus/ar-BB11CUNE

No mention of Zinc
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:03pm
Titanium
Titanium

Surely you can look yourself . South Korea is running trials,so are other countries.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:57pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The PM said at 4.00 no vaccines so we are using the herd isolation effect,borders to remain shut for quite sometime.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:30pm
Titanium
Titanium

There is no vaccine and won't be for a long time. Do you mean herd immunity not herd isolation? I heard her say that wasn't an option. I personally think we are looking at lockdown for another month or two until cases drop,then back to level 3 and so on untill next year when vaccines are available. But that's just what I think.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:41pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks F-F thats it, immunity,Can expect this lock down to continue.We have a meeting at work 10.00 to out line company position.They must be in the know??
Page  <1 3738394041 206>