Nationals

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nationals
    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:55pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That time of year we all look forward too is nearly here.where are you all fishing.staying local or heading off on a road trip.Im off to whangaroa for the week.Heading up on friday from Taranaki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:15pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good luck to all thsoe competing, not me sadly, I still have no Leave Cry
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:30pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will the nationals allow the use of braid ( with appropriate length mono wind on) now that its IGFA compliant?
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:50pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"No Braid to be used in this event except when used as backing, as defined in the NZSFC Fishing Rules and Regulations"

However....

A. LINE AND BACKING 1. Monofilament, multifilament, and lead core multifilament lines may be used. For line classes, see World Record Requirements. 2. Wire lines are prohibited. 3. The use of backing is permissible. 4. The catch shall be classified under the breaking strength of the first 16.5 feet (5 meters) of line directly preceding the double line, leader, or hook. This section must be comprised of a single, homogeneous piece of line

I interpret that to mean that as long as you have 5m of mono on top of your braid "backing" then you're all good. I'd probably use 6m+ to allow for knots etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 4:01pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

"No Braid to be used in this event except when used as backing, as defined in the NZSFC Fishing Rules and Regulations"

However....

A. LINE AND BACKING 1. Monofilament, multifilament, and lead core multifilament lines may be used. For line classes, see World Record Requirements. 2. Wire lines are prohibited. 3. The use of backing is permissible. 4. The catch shall be classified under the breaking strength of the first 16.5 feet (5 meters) of line directly preceding the double line, leader, or hook. This section must be comprised of a single, homogeneous piece of line

I interpret that to mean that as long as you have 5m of mono on top of your braid "backing" then you're all good. I'd probably use 6m+ to allow for knots etc.
Me too. BFB will verify or otherwise I'm sure, pity you won't be fishing Bob. I'll probably be weighing but hope to sneak a fish in
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:13pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm using 50lb braid with 100m 37kg mono top shot.had it all checked last year when caught fish and was all good.i already knew that of course.