Fly fishing boats

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:46pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice,
Easter, should be a good time ! 
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 8:19pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not too far away. Hope you get good weather.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like a sweet rig bro!  Makes me half wished I lived in Auck so I could justify buying/building a boat like that.

Iv just bough myself an Aluminium Mig welder with the intent of building a jet sled for accessing the bigger rivers around here.  Should be getting into that come next year. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:17pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha nice. It was a consolation price for me as pulled out of aitutaki land purchase, Corona virus and effected tourism was the final straw. Gonna have to make that auck fishery work for me :) If your ever in Auck your sorted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 11:41am
Platinum
Platinum

Yea always blows me away as to how good a fishery that there is so close to the huge city that is Auckland.  The harbor sure cops a flogging, but just seems to keep producing despite that. 

Imagine what the place would be like is firm restrictions on bag takes were imposed?  wowwwwwShocked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:30pm
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Flogging,
ya aint seen nothing yet,

planing to flog the s@#t out of it over the next month!LOL

Rekon the trout are gonna get a hiding too.

By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:36pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

We may have to start taking some of the catch home to proove it is essential services.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:53am
Platinum
Platinum

Well yes and no Adam.  All the tourist are gone and that is something like 80% of the trout fishing pressure.  So even if every resident trout angler went at it over the next few weeks, I'm pretty sure it will still be quiet on the rivers.  

I'm planning to jump in our campervan later this week and disappear into Southland for a fish.  As soon as my work dries up, I'm off.  We shot south on the weekend and it was deathly quiet.  Only saw 2 other cars in nearly 2 hrs of driving.   A return to pre-tourism in Southland! Shocked

Pity trout don't taste like snapper, or else id be keeping a few. Disapprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:29am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You wont be disappointed with your choice of motor. I have exactly the same one on an FC560 C/C and there is so much grunt and power with this motor. Its pretty economical too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

AWESOME. now i got to wait a month before can get out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:46pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup even fish and game has made it clear no fishing and hunting.  We will have to make the most of the weather if this is even lifted after 4 weeks. Not much nice weather will be left after that before it's cold, rains all the time and the wind blows for the next 6 months.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:31pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Deleted that old post. **** has hit the fan now. Ramps are all closed. No unnecessary driving, etc. Going to be a long four weeks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:30pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Snuggle up guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:25am
Platinum
Platinum

Well there goes my planCry

Might be able to fish some of the rivers close to home with any luck, but will have to be careful.  Planning on now spending a lot of time on both my road and mountain bike.  Make the best of a bad situation and I'm going to see how fit I can get in 1 month?  If this think kicks on longer than 1 month I might end up looking like Arnold SchwarzeneggerLOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I fiited the transducer mount last night (stern saver), now to get the wire to the cockpit.
I got the minkota and 36v battery set up to install yet. fit the boat with saftey gear,anchors, rod holders etc.
i spent the last 2 weeks buying everything i needed.
learning lots.
i miss fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:48pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice project mate.... how does it feel drilling oles in your baby? Measure twice, drill once..
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:50pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

haha yes its not nice but hey all good i used a stern saver wich glues on to the transom so i am actually filling up existing holes (the transducer screws in to that). i,m learning about applying gell coat and getting quite ok at it filling in little nicks and hole repairs and stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 4:11pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ok you know that feeling when you arent sure if you just made a bomb?but I installed the 36v battery system anyway.
There has been a lot of thought go into this maybe to much. My crank and house batterys sit to the side at the back of the boat, the trolling motor I mounted on the bow to the opposite side of the crank and house batterys to balance themseves out. The trolling motor power batterys where going to be to heavy to put at the back so they are inside the cabin in the middle of the boat just in front of and under neath the cockpit. They sit inbetween mounted rails on the hatch that they sit on, The batterys are then strapped to the hatch.

The onboard battery charger is mounted so I just have to get home and plug the charger into the wall to take care of the whole lot.

The batterys are 12v connected in seires to make 36v, wiring is all 8 gauge

I chose AGM over flooded batterys, yes they are more expensive but are more durable and dont leak and or expel gases that are dangerous.
Lithiums would be the next bestest option but cost more than the boat itself.

The batterys are easily removable along with the trolling motor wich is on a heavy duty removable bracket. every thing is connected with Andersons so if I want to take all the trolling stuff off and have a wine and cheese evening with the wife I have the room in the cabin wich also converts into a doublish sized bed.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 4:21pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks pretty tidy. You must be itching to get out and test it all mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 4:24pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha yes im cool at the moment as I still got a few things to do but that next 2 weeks of lockdown is going to start getting pretty tough. I enrolled to do the online day skippers course with the coast guard.
Page  <12