Awesome softbaiting at Tiri,1st 20lber fothis year

Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome softbaiting at Tiri,1st 20lber fothis year
    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:05pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mint sea conditions ,fish were on the bite at low tide,coral trout did the damage,used TT Headlockz jig heads for the 1st time,good sharp strong hooks .Biggest fish 21lbs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:10pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great effort

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent score for around that area..
 Have pulled several just under the 20lb not to far from there over the yrs.. more to the east.
 Drifting on straylines.
 Nice to see it is still happening out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:16am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top effort there TimClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:37am
jock View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Man, what a perfect day out! Well done.Clap
Were you dragging the softees or fick and retrieving?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:35pm
Silver
Silver

Dragging in about 33m.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:42pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fishing, Sea Reason - well done.
This can be a tough time for some of us, with many smaller fish around. Not for you!

Every so often, you post a report with fantastic snapper from that area, usually in spring and early summer. I remember asking you a question similar to the one above 3 or 4 years ago when I was starting out on soft baits.

You obviously know where and how to fish Tiri. Big respect from me.

I've found the TT Headlockz really good with Z Mans. I think they stay sharper and don't go rusty as fast as the Lightbulbs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:02pm
Silver
Silver

Agree on the hooks staying sharp for longer, I pretty much only fish around Tiri these days,close to home and weekdays only now I am retired,I find it quite productive, but different areas depending on the time of the year,its like a switch is flicked when it moves from winter/spring to summer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 6:54pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's a great report SR!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:59pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent Softbaiting S.R! Picture Shows it allThumbs Up