First 20's for 2020! Mokau....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First 20's for 2020! Mokau....
    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 5:12pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All with a couple of beaut days, went out on Saturday and Sunday. First day with Brother Mick we fished for three hours for basically zilch until I said lets head in to ten metres off the cliffs. I usually fish this depth in summer months to target the big Snaps. Within ten minutes we had a nice 6 kg fish. Armed with alot of big fresh Kahawai we went huge baits! I thought about using Steps Feather technique but would probably need peacock feathers to make any difference!Big smile Slowly over the next two hours the big boys turned up with screaming runs and great excitement landing them in the shallows! I'm in another Mokau weighing Comp at mo so kept a couple and let one go. After the Day I called Scott up from Fishing and Adventure. Most of you wouldn't know but he his brother Ben and good mate Chris purchased land here a few years ago and have slowly been setting up great little sleeping Pads toilets, showers etc in between there busy Schedules filming and promotions etc. A few quick words like I know where the Biggies areLOL Yep we down tommorow lets do it! Told the Boys me spot and Me and mate Steve met up with them on the water early arvo. Parked up 100 or so metres away just enough so we don't see each others secretsLOLand began Straylining. After and hour we could see action on the F&A boys boat then some serious Yahooing. I said to Steve they got a goodieThumbs Up Scott played in a beauty 85 cm long and estermated 11 plus kg Snap as after a few shots he successfully released. We struggled in the Mac boat but Steve ended up with a 19 lb da. That was our day, smoked by the Fishing and adventure Boys! We headed in while Scott and Co fished on till Dusk. A few shots from two great daysBig smile Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome. I was watching on his instagram story and very jealous. Looked like a mint day
http://www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:27pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tonyg26 Tonyg26 wrote:

Awesome. I was watching on his instagram story and very jealous. Looked like a mint day
Thanks Tony. Yep it was perfect! no wind (finally) and near flat sea. Also we all rapt to get these fish during full moon phase.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tonga-tui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:09pm
tonga-tui View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thats my back yard geoff.....
Awesome fishing peimo day for it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:31pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great work again Geoff

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:21am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tonga-tui tonga-tui wrote:

Thats my back yard geoff.....
Awesome fishing peimo day for it
Hi Sam, a bit of a hike in the little Mac to get there but end result well worth it! You been out lately? Cheers G.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:23am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Great work again Geoff

Cheers
Thanks Dennis, call in again next time your passing through.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top effort again Geoff.
Some great shots with the camera too.
Hopefully be over that way in the not too distant future
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

What took you so long! Big smileMissed this post earlier, great stuff Geoff
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:36am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Top effort again Geoff.
Some great shots with the camera too.
Hopefully be over that way in the not too distant future
Thanks Craig, Be good to catch up. Outboard running sweet now?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 5:45am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

What took you so long! Big smileMissed this post earlier, great stuff Geoff
That windy spell of weather smudgeThumbs Down some cracker days forcasted this weekend as wellThumbs Up 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:09am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Geoff, yes weather is looking good . Do the FA boys launch in the surf.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

Nice work Geoff, yes weather is looking good . Do the FA boys launch in the surf.
Hi Muzz, The F&A Boys go over Mokau Bar. About twenty five minutes to fishing spot from there, I launch off beach near spot. Good luck out there this Weekend!Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:48pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very nice fish as usual, well done Clap
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:05pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Drove down from Auck to the Taranaki garden festival with the better half in November, spent a couple of hours looking around Mokau. Looks like plenty of Air B&B places available, might come down for a couple of weeks when my fishing buddy joins me in retirement this spring.