What not to do on an otherwise lovely day

Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What not to do on an otherwise lovely day
    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A tale of Woe. Got up early with wife and set off on what was great day .. and weather was awesome. 
Launched at castor bay pretty early 7.30 but all parks gone so parked up castor bay road past cafe. No issues. 
Retrieved anchor lost on kayak yesterday at campbells . Set off to Zeno rock out by noises even though looked pretty good off east coast bays. Got Zeno caught livies .. but no kings. Went to another spot south of David’s, no kings and only small snapper.
Lunched at woody bay .. lovely in there. Set off for home .. caught a nice kahawai in a work up. Kept alive almost all way back to home. Decided to livebait him at Cambells but was dead on arrival . Carved couple of big strip fillets off and chucked couple out for a nice snapper .. no cigar on  snapper just a massive king which made mince meat of lightish trace on rock after few minutes. There is a problem when you fish a  big reef over low tide with trace which might be ok in 30 meters. Always take some 50 lb trace not just  120 lb for livebaiting and 20 lb flouro  for every thing else ( which even doubled has limitations).

First or possibly Second lesson don’t blame wife when you lose a good fish for not pulling anchor up quick enough when you actually have a breakaway rigged.
Lesson 3 or 4,  take right keys to car when retrieving tow vehicle while wife  holds boat .. truck tow vehicle keys that is,  not your work car key and house key, as you will need to walk back x2 . 

Fourthly or fifly...  wear jandels when retrieving your truck. Don’t burn your feet to pieces on a hot road,  retrieve your  vehicle without crippling yourself,  no matter how deserved .. as it is painful afterwards, and not being able to walk properly  makes washing boat down even harder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry to hear, read and re-live your pain Shane... I hope your wife booted your ass! LOLLOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:09am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

A true fishing report, nice. :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi ShaneG

Sounds like one of my days when I get rash and ask somebody else out with me.  Liked Smile
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:03pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lucky to have forgiving wife.

Went to work with very sore feet. Had I stayed home, i would have been too tempted to stagger out and try my luck again. Good thing about kayaks is you are sitting down with no pressure on your feet. Don’t suppose my boss would see it same way though.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:16pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats exactly why the good days are good. How would you have anything to compare to.
Just today had last of 8 stitches removed from a fishing expedition that went slightly wrong.
Alan
Legasea Legend member