surpreme 480.

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: surpreme 480.
    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:22am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just had Gerald Henderson from supreme Boats build me a new little rig just in time for summer. 
5mm bottom, 4mm everything else. Shes solid. Welding and workmanship is outstanding. A couple of changes were made - Seat plinths lifted to allow chilly bin to fit underneath, 2nd roller added up front for a drum winch to be fitted latter and livey tank with movable bait station.
I only got to meet the man in person  for the first time when I picked up the boat last wkd. Bloody top bloke who delivers a fantastic product from a small workshop in Katikati. Really really impressed with what he built.
Engine is a Yamaha 75 four stroke. Alloy trailer and 9 inch Garmin finish her off. 
Took it out for the first time yesterday- moves along bloody well. 
cruises at 25 knots at 4500 rpm. Nice and stable at rest. Rides beautifully, just slices through the chop. Dry too.
Anyone wanting something a little different with there own personal touches then I highly recommend getting in touch with Gerald to see what he can do for ya. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:24am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:25am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 8:29am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Flippen monster of an engine, The hull was lengthened  around the pod to accomodate the extra weight. The yam is a 1.8 ltr. Punchy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 9:05am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 10:21am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

160kg/75hp is a fair bit for a 4.8....

are you planning on towing some water toys with it???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote huntfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 6:26pm
huntfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

nice rig mate 🙌🏽
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:09am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by strx7 strx7 wrote:

160kg/75hp is a fair bit for a 4.8....

are you planning on towing some water toys with it???
Not really...Quite often dive gear on board though. Was torn between this and the yam 70 4 str. (1 ltr block). The boat is comparable to a Surtees 495  but heavier and longer. The 75 has a stack more torque making for fairly relaxed cruising at a decent pace with fantastic fuel economy if long distances are being covered.
An owner of a surpreme 4.8 cc fitted a 90hp. No problems apparently. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 6:13am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You'll be fine with 75hp. Be interesting what your fuel economy figures are. Sweet lookin rig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 1:31pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great looking rig, looks like a nice combination of the features and styling of several other boats. Big benefit of the smaller manufacturers, they're not tied to any particular design fundamentals and can get quite creative. Bet it honks along with the 75.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote treedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 10:14am
treedoc View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great looking rig Schampy

I have a Supreme CC, I couldn't be happier. It rides beautifully, is built like a tank, and the workmanship is excellent.

I did a build thread on here a few years ago, if anyone wants to dig it out.

Gerald is the man!! He has great ideas, I like the look of your hinged baitboard to access the livebait tank.

If you compare how yours is built to almost any other similar sized boat, you can see the difference in quality, like the rub rail fully seam welded top and bottom, where most are stitch welded, the only stitch welding in mine is the shelves so they don't hold water.

I bet it goes great with a 75 on it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi treedoc. Yeah I read your build thread  a while back, and was part of the reason I ended up asking Gerald to build me a boat.
Hes a bloody laid back guy, nothing is a problem and is more than happy to discuss whats going on during the build to ensure what hes doing is what the client wants. On top of that his workmanship is first class. beautiful welding.
The finished product is just a bloody weapon. Every part of it is rock solid. Neat little details like the floor having a small recess right along the back edge where its welded to the transom plate so all debris, sand, blood guts etc has no where to go except into sump is just one of many clever ideas that you just you just dont see on mass produced production boats. A central live bait tank flanked by massive storage lockers, big spray deflector on windscreen ( it never sees any water though.... driest sub 5m boat Ive been on)  cantilevered seats lifted high enough to neatly fit chilly bin under,fully sealed floor, Hyro steering standard, Helm big enough to flushmount a 9" sounder, Big underfloor fuel tank. It goes on....
And yes That 75 Yam on back makes her boogie alright. Top little rig.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote treedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 11:03pm
treedoc View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah mate, I was out this week and my mate was winding mine onto the trailer and thought it was full of water, it is that much heavier than his ali boat which is the same length...
It just seems bigger than it is, I had a 6m glass hardtop before and this rides so much better.
Yours looks awesome, a real nice looking boat and setup.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:27am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks sharp mate, like the look of the ally angles.

75 sounds perfect to me, 2 up that is nice cruise, 3 up still handles much the same.

Congrats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:23pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Fiz, and all other lads that have commented. Gerald has done a great job. I hope the recession thats gonna become a reality after this outbreak doesnt knock him around to badly. Guess being a one man outfit that effectively is working from home he can still keep plodding on as long as he has enough material and prospective clients have not bailed out on him. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lloydaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:43pm
lloydaway View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Schampy

Have ordered a Supreme 480 for Nov 2020 delivery (early I hope)
Ordered a 70 Yamaha 4 stroke, after finding your post you've got me wondering if I should make it a 75?
Any other feedback on the boat would be much appreciated, Gerald seems a very nice guy to deal with."
regards
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:49pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think a 70 will push her along just fine. The 75 is a porker but it puts a smile on my face every time I  push the throttle down. I do carry a bit of dive gear so its nice to have the extra torque but I doubt there would  not be a massive difference it top end between the two donks if you stay lightly loaded. 
Iv owned mine for nearly a year and still  happy as. Still miss the ht when it cuts up but having a small compact boat thats easy to tow and can be launched from anywhere at any tide means just jumping on and going for a fish does not turn into a logistical ball ache. Im booked in to get a drum winch fitted..( who would of thought  boat dealers would be absolutely slammed in the middle of a global pandemic)Just like a Surtess 495 access to the anchor  sucks. But other than than the 480 is hard to fault. Its built like a tank.
Yep Gerald is a good bastard. Nothings a problem, Great pride in his work.
Im on the shore if ya need to have a look at one in the flesh.
Cheers
Lance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:17pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just curious, how does the 480 compare to the SS16 you built?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lloydaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:17am
lloydaway View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the great feedback Lance
Will stick with the 70 Yamaha, I do a lot of bar work (not pubs)so am getting a 4 blade stainless prop fitted. Not looking for speed.
Have been for a short run on one that was exhibited at the Tairua Boat Show. It had a 60 yam 4 stroke on and seemed like it could have used more.
Am about to order a Lonestar GX1 drum winch, it seems it will fit and has good reviews. Now 70 yo and not so nimble so need all the help I can get
Appreciate the offer of a look at your boat, I live at Waihi Beach so not close. Pics of the winch installation would be great.
regards
Lloyd

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:22pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No problem Lloyd. Yeah I would have to agree you would be a tad under-gunned with a 60 on the back.... I know the 70 basically the same engine.... but it has alot more punch...especially helpful if you are heading over a bar.
Oneway...  There is quite a difference between the ride of the Seastrike 16 and my Surpreme. The Seastrike wins hands down..... And Im not just saying that to talk up a home built boat... It was bigger, heavier and had a 20 degree deadrise compared to Surpremes 4.8 16 degree. It rode even better than the Surtees 575 that I replaced it with. Mark Bowdidge certainly knows how to design a good hull. I see that my old boat just popped up on trademe with 320 hrs. Was chuffed. Owner has taken great care of her. Just goes to show a ply/glass boat will last for years if built properly and looked after.

Page  12>