Chinese Gospel Boats.

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:37pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is importing any cheaper than a NZ built now the GST is on all imported goods and maybe subject to a Duty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:15pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Some massive overreaction from you boomers about importing a boat....
if there’s a market for it, it’s going to happen sooner or later...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote TLines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 3:27pm
TLines View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If the importer / vendor or issuing the guarantee here then you might be ok - if they are purely selling them and can step aside and leave you dealing with the builder direct - your probably doomed.....or at least some buyers will be. 
The issue is the QA/QC process - I have built very very large marine structures in China and provided this is addressed at the outset the final product will be as good as anything. We virtually shut their factory down, redesigned their QA/QC process and put our own inspectors in place - and we still audited every 3 months from HQ.... well known products of high quality are made in China - but I bet they all follow this process! 
So if these guys have their own QA/QC controls, issue their own guarantees and stand by them - fine - if not I would not touch them. 
BTW I am apparently a 'boomer' and I do not give a monkey backside who makes it or who sells it as long as its safe, fit for purpose and good value
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slugga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:26pm
Slugga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Bit like the story goes around a major hunting and fishing chain here in NZ doing something similar to Swazi clothing products?  Why I'll never buy off them again - that and their prices.  Our labour costs are a killer - and there isn't a lot of $$ in the alloy of a boat.  Like to see our brands doing okay - but good to have competition making sure the buyers do okay as well.
Konacat Greatwhite - ZMU3871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slugga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:33pm
Slugga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Maybe if you buy a new outboard but there are plenty of good second hand ones. $10-15k on a used, another $3k to get it set up, $3k on electronics and another $3k on other bits and pieces and you are a long way short of having $110k tied up in a boat.  I get your point but I can also see why people would go down this track.
Konacat Greatwhite - ZMU3871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 5:08pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you boomers
 From a bloody generation where near on a 1/4 of boomers still have kids over 27yrs old budging at home
 Sick of this inter generation blame BS

And by the way the boomers blamed their parents generation .. every generation has
End of the  day,get out of bed each morning and be responsible for your own future..

Sry... even our kids are sick of the finger pointing.. and they are not boomers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:58am
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shoresie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm
Shoresie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey mate did you get around to looking at your mates new chinese boat if so what was you thoughts on it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:12pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No... I was actually gonna give  you guys a bit of an update on this.
Its stuck in a dockyard in China. They shut the entire shipping terminal down and sent there workers into lock down the day before the boat was due to be shipped.
I get the feeling many readers will rejoice on hearing this news. 
Not like the owner is gonna be able to take it out even if it did make it here.
Id say its gonna be getting a bloody good wipe down when it finally arrives.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:32pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pity, 4 weeks to fit it out would be great...
I've got a boat fitter lying on my couch with nothing to do..
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rosaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 3:11pm
Rosaa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi did your friend end up getting this replica Chinese boat and how is it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm
Jack Hammer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 12:00am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

https://gospelboat.m.en.alibaba.com/

Just had a look look the part but not sure if I could trust it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 12:30am
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good on you stabi craft for bringing this to our attention.you might just save lives through educating people looking for a deal too good to be true.A new boat is a dream of many and reality for few but you would be far better off buying an older proven brand than playing russian roulette with an imported rice cooker.Lets protect NZ business and jobs by buying local.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rosaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 8:03am
Rosaa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just want to hear positive feedback from someone who has actually brought a boat from them recently or know someone that has and has seen it. We have seen one of there boats 2yrs ago at the Auckland boat show so just want to know how the recent boats are now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote RC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:48pm
RC1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm sure there will be nothing positive. They are just utter rubbish and good for scrap metal.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote r20b_pp@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 7:35am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I read there is a guy bringing them in located in gulf harbour somewhere
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarmerBrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:40am
FarmerBrowne View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There is a charter boat at Aitutaki that was new 4-5 years ago - Wahoo fishing charters that look similar to the gospel boats.
Apparently boat hull is designed by an Australian boat designer & built in China.
What I have noticed over the last few years as we go back for our annual holidays is the amount of corrosion on the coamings.  You can see on the recent facebook photos where the coamings have had aluminium plate re-welded around the rod holders.

This would give me concerns about the quality of the alloy used in the build.

From what I have seen of it, the boat seems to ride well in the sea over there.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:15pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I’d never heard of it until I saw the stabi reaction video online.  Assuming the footage I saw wasn’t doctored the build quality of the Chinese is appalling.  A pile of junk. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:08pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by whippersnappyr whippersnappyr wrote:

I’d never heard of it until I saw the stabi reaction video online.  Assuming the footage I saw wasn’t doctored the build quality of the Chinese is appalling.  A pile of junk. 

Sometimes the equipment and conditions are not pertinent to a great outcome😆
Page  <123>