Metservice website change

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metservice website change
    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:16pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went on for a look at the weekend and discovered it has all changed and  has different graphics . What do you all think?
Weekend looks good out east !!!!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 1:41pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a look a while back.. got a email about it.
 Apparently .. the most important bit is the data bases used have also changed....Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by the demon the demon wrote:

Weekend looks good out east !!!!Thumbs Up

SwellMap/Windy agree! Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:47pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Although hard to believe looking out my window!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Change is inevitable - not always for the better.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 4:01pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not a fan,
Prefer old layout.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 7:46pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I love it! What does it look like?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 7:57pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not bad,click on area and up pops forecast,havent done a full explority though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 7:41am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep not bad as far as user friendly goes..
 But a couple reality checks on home grounds
 Waikato river bar... for boating.
 And not the 1st time done this.. checked it a couple weeks back on new site...

Although hard to believe looking out my window!

1/ doesnt take into account tide dependent Thumbs Down
2/What is out the window now is not "medium" it is uncrossableThumbs Down..low tide.
3/The swell height is on there low side Thumbs Down and that not even taking into account for chop on top of that

4/ Wind is in WNW turning west and increasing to over 12knt + (thats sea caps) over next few hrs. And bar still rated at medium Thumbs Down

I did not expect to have to write something anywhere as negative as that...
thats scary big time in more ways than 1.

There "medium" is a uncrossable.

Next window to cross will be thurs/ Frid  NEXT WEEK.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 9:01pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I reckon its crap.  No doubt they have an IT team who needed a "Project", plus the budget, so this is it.

Fine.  Now the forecast has a bland cscreen with pictures of red boats, orange boats or green boats.  Lovely.  I just love looking at pictures of red, orange or green boats.  Not proper boats, mind you, but some simple cartoon.

Oh well, the info I need is hidden in there somewhere I'm sure, i just need to waste a few more hours figuring out how to find it.  But why?  Oh, I remember: an IT team who need a "Project" and have the budget.  I live with this bollocks at work.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I love it! What does it look like?

Like something a very big dog left on your lawn 🥔😕

Honestly, it's either really crap or I'm getting too old for new stuff....I'm erring on the side of crap for now😁
We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:37am
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Agree with others. Poorly executed changes. Swell map is far superior.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

I reckon its crap.  No doubt they have an IT team who needed a "Project", plus the budget, so this is it.

Fine.  Now the forecast has a bland cscreen with pictures of red boats, orange boats or green boats.  Lovely.  I just love looking at pictures of red, orange or green boats.  Not proper boats, mind you, but some simple cartoon.

Oh well, the info I need is hidden in there somewhere I'm sure, i just need to waste a few more hours figuring out how to find it.  But why?  Oh, I remember: an IT team who need a "Project" and have the budget.  I live with this bollocks at work.  

10/10
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 4:19pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spent more time discovering.

What has been removed was large maps containing all the info I required to make an assessment on wether I would dig further to review.

There is a lot of info, but it's problem is it is multilayered to seek the info.

Previous was fast to access on first page over a large area , the north island as an example.

I could then choose to go down in the layers I required.

Best thing so far, f all ads.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It would appear I was too quick to judge the new Metservice website.
My comment description of “poorly executed” is taken back.
The more appropriate comment is “what a piece of 💩.
I thought if you select a coloured boat this would direct you to conditions with values?
Maybe it does but I lost patience with it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 8:27pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm, maybe I just haven't got used to the new visual display and I'm too used to the old one, I seemed to understand the old one more intuitively.....so yeah not really that excited about it.... 
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I reckon its designed purely for smart phones.  I go there on PC/laptop.  Not good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sea reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 9:51pm
sea reason View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dont like it, I use windy.com. I find it more accurate and you can see whats happening.