Buttons for instrument panel- are Hella a ripoff?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buttons for instrument panel- are Hella a ripoff?
    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:48am
Jonski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I want to rebuild an instrument panel with those waterproof stainless LED buttons. Marine Deals are offering them for $30, RRP is closer to $43.

Aliexpress offers something that seems identical (same IP rating, same grade stainless etc) for around $30 for 5, not including shipping.

That's a huge difference. Am I mad to think Hella is a ripoff? I'm guessing they're all made in the same factory. Is there any actual advantage to getting the pricey ones?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:05pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only way to tell is try them.  I've had stuff from Aliexpress that has been exactly the same items as sold here, but at a fraction of the price.  But some of their stuff is pretty crap as well.  Could be virtually identical items, could be the same spec but vastly different quality.  I'd be tempted to try a set of the Aliexpress ones, if they work you have saved a lot, if they don't work out it's only cost you $30 to try.  Also look around at different suppliers on Aliexpress, postage can usually be found free from someone.

One thing is for sure, the old saying that you get what you pay for no longer always holds true.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:22pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm with Kevin.S
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!