Magic Straylining! Mokau...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magic Straylining! Mokau...
    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:27pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, recently i passed on a few of my tips and ideas on Straylining it was good to get out again and put them to the test. Teamed up with my brother Mick and out we went on Sunday Morning. Not ideal conditions but doable. First two hours was dead until the tide turned and the big Snaps slowly started hunting down our fresh baits. First few were 3-5 kg fish before some decent ones turned up. Mick hooked and played a 20lb plus in. We got a couple of quick photo's and released it successfully. a few more followed in the next hour in the 5 kg range again before two more 20 lb plus fish became victims to the big baits. Once again we realeased them. Wind was getting up by this stage creating caps so we bailed back to beach. A few weeks before this trip i went out  and caught an 11plus kg Snap but had trouble with posting photo's. All sorted now. A Few photo' of the action from the silent little Mac Boat! Cheers... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wicked as always Geoff!ClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:37pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Brilliant, Geoff. Another corker day and your immense patience and skill pays off. The photos capture a fun day in your backyard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 6:05pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done. Those are the days the rest of us can only dream about. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:09pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Geoff,trying to convince nephew to go for a driveWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:20pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Hmmn, should we do a road trip sometime?Wink
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:03pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lovely looking fish....sometimes you get those big fish and they look quite battle weary and sometimes they look pretty fresh, almost like a silvery lake run trout.....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:30pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by LBGer LBGer wrote:

Lovely looking fish....sometimes you get those big fish and they look quite battle weary and sometimes they look pretty fresh, almost like a silvery lake run trout.....
Hi Scott, interesting you mention that. For some reason the bigger Snaps from this area tend to be younger looking fish to other parts of NZ. Most of the fish I catch up to the twenty pound mark are like big Pannies to look at. And when filleted fat is usually left on Knife. They Taste just as good as smaller ones! above twenty pounds they have small differences from  one another but never get them with a bump on there head from here. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:02am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Slayed em.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:33am
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Doug, Thanks for that. Up your way I'm sure theres spots  where you can catch multiple big Snapper. I follow a Guys posts on facebook that runs Hohura Fishing Charters. Most trips he gets a twenty plus or two for clients and thirties occasionly as well. If i lived up that way and was a keen big Snap Fisho thats where i would be fishing. Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:27pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Hi Doug, Thanks for that. Up your way I'm sure theres spots  where you can catch multiple big Snapper. I follow a Guys posts on facebook that runs Hohura Fishing Charters. Most trips he gets a twenty plus or two for clients and thirties occasionly as well. If i lived up that way and was a keen big Snap Fisho thats where i would be fishing. Beer
I have a few spots Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:35pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wtf
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 7:55am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

^^
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 10:17am
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Another awesome session! Great fishing Geoff

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 1:53pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Geoff, fishing mission completed
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:04pm
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

^^

What are you laughing at.....you weren't there either