An introduction of Japanese "Amago" trout.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote GO-Ito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An introduction of Japanese "Amago" trout.
    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:58pm
GO-Ito View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dear all the forum members

I really appreciate your kind advice and instructions about my question every time.

So in today's post, I will upload two pictures of the beautiful Japanese "Amago" trout (Oncorhynchus masou ishikawae : Red-spotted masu trout) as a token of my appreciation for your warm replies.

The fish in the pictures is wild, not released from trout farm. So its body colour is quite beautiful and natural especially the red spots. Today, in Japan, these wild, naturally reproducing trout are so rare.

In my home town, we call the fish "Ameno-uwo" as a local name. "Ameno-uwo" means "fish of rain" because they become active and eagerly take food after enough rainfall.

Amago looks very similar to Yamame trout (Oncorhynchus masou : Cherry trout). Yamame has a thin red line on its bodyside instead of the red spots of Amago.

We, Japanese anglers admire the beauty of these fishes as the "queen" or "gem" of the mountain stream.

I wish you these pictures would entertain you.

Cheers,

GO

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:53pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

One word says it all .... beautiful.

Thanx for sharing.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:21pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wow, what a stunning looking fish.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:18am
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi GO-ito.

Many thanks for sharing the stunning pictures of amago. Please keep them coming.

For fourteen years, I operated Trout Fishing Services from Cromwell, Central Otago, and I guided a lot of Japanese fly fishers, chasing big brown trout in small streams. A lot of my business came from Japan Travel Bureau. I found that Japanese fly fishers are very passionate about their sport, very good casters, but not very good at letting big trout take line from the reel when the fish was running. It was all a lot of fun.

Cheers
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:54am
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thank you for posting Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:00am
Waylander View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just stunning... something else to add to my bucket list.