Big slow jigs for this summer...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big slow jigs for this summer...
    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:09am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Came back from the states with a few 750grm slow jigs and a few200grm for shallow stuff. Watch out bluenose in 350m, I have a jig for you now!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting! Please report back on how they go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:27pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Do they glow in the dark like the Power Diamond Eye jigs do? Go Fish in Auckland used to stock them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
Platinum
Platinum

yep the guy says he spent extra to make sure the glow properties are excellent and the paint is extremely durable.
Tried to talk me into taking one in the closet but I am wise to those old tricks.…….
He had thousands made and then changed his mind so prices are very sharp. Very good hooks etc also.
I have always wanted to see if this would be a fun way for deep drop fishing without having to speed jig at that depth.
I got some 500grm off him before but didn't get out deep last summer.. they sure look like they will do the business!
I got the 200grm with drifting over shallower foul for kings in mind.
Will report back later in the season as to results..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 2:31pm
Platinum
Platinum

Also the color of the body is a soft lumo yellow, not white as the picture would have you believe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:27am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

look good Garry, those jigs are perfect for bluenose and puka in deep water

What size are the hooks on the heavy one?

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

…. He had thousands made and then changed his mind so prices are very sharp. Very good hooks etc also....

I'm interested in his contact details and prices if you wish to share. Pm me if you like. I have family in the US who will be visiting later this year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:30am
Platinum
Platinum

Hooks are a dominator assist (mustad big game). Not sure on size but they are ample.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:38am
Platinum
Platinum

Fish addict. 750grms I paid $10.00 u.s which is stupid cheap. 500grms $8.00.
He's out of Florida and was taking a boat to mexico ahead of the hurricane so he might be busy for a bit.

Now I see that Kaveman has jigs up to 250 I would save weight and get them here, just buying the larger ones from Steven.
Also the big ones are competely perfect and flash as but the smaller ones are a different group and not as perfect in terms of construction. Realising the large ones are particularly high end manufacturer on the face of it (not tested by me).

Steve email [email protected]

Price for this info is one beer or equevalent per jig purchased!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:44am
Platinum
Platinum

P.S mention my name.
I don't know if he is giving me a price break because I am his kiwi contact so can't guarantee pricing etc.

He also has many thousand speed jigs which I am not needing as I got a whole box of Williams Benthos off a guy in the states a couple of years ago for $8.00 each rigged!