todays effort

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: todays effort
    Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:25am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Something different - today's effort. Got 3.
A village is eating fish tonight.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:27am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cirrus View Drop Down

Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Alan. Happy fishermen on a sea of ultramarine. Bliss .Happy locals too ,no doubt. What part of the world are you fishing.
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:28am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fish Addict View Drop Down

Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

Something different - today's effort. Got 3.
A village is eating fish tonight.
Alan

Nice Hoo Alan, you'll be popular with the locals.
What make is the boat? It looks an interesting design with the removable side doors.
Post Options Post Options 
  Likes (0) Likes(0) 
  Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 11 minutes ago at 11:16pm
cirrus View Drop Down

Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Alan. Happy fishermen on a sea of ultramarine. Bliss .Happy locals too ,no doubt. What part of the world are you fishing.
Post Options Post Options 
  Likes (0) Likes(0) 
  Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 minutes ago at 8:00am
Alan L View Drop Down

Gold
Gold

Prob should have posted in the Work up section - so sorry about that.
Cirrus - fishing Vanuatu.
Fish Addict - boat is a cat hull - S African. Called a Butt Cat - but trade under various names now (patent stuff). You will have seen a few in your part of the world probably. The guy I was with has one in Perth and has imported a few there for others. Ride brilliantly on a crap sea. F/glass.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:36am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I case it is confusing, I have re posted from another forum. Better here I think.
Fish Addict - a pic of the boats. They are quite cheap to import 2nd hand from S Africa (the Rand is junk). My perth mate has bought several. He has 3 here in Vtu. This is two of them ready for an exploratory trip to a group of other islands - team Aus and team kiwi.
The next pic is of team Aus hauling their boat thru the reef system - taken from team kiwi boat as we motor by (dry). We struck 4m seas on our way over and had to find our way over the surf and thru a gap into a reef we had never been to. We struck 7 m seas on the way home. memorable trip. But the boats are great.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBoffshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:36am
JBoffshore View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is that Lopevi island?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:37am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I believe they are about to be exported to NZ. Am told by my Perth mate they were at the last Akl boat show.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 2:01pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JBoffshore JBoffshore wrote:

Is that Lopevi island?
Not sure which pic you are referring to. The one with the boat been hauled along by some wet aussies is Emae. The one in close background of wahoo pic is mataso.
Regards
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 3:56pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Alan L Alan L wrote:

<div style="-sizing: border-;">Fish Addict - boat is a cat hull - S African. Called a Butt Cat - but trade under various names now (patent stuff). You will have seen a few in your part of the world probably. The guy I was with has one in Perth and has imported a few there for others. Ride brilliantly on a crap sea. F/glass.<div style="-sizing: border-;">Alan

Thanks for the info. The Sth Africans sure seem to like their cats and they do crazy things with them, compared to launching in WA anyway. I have a f/glass cat myself. People over here seem to be either cat lovers or haters. Cats certainly handle differently to monohulls and they take a while to get used to.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:02pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am seriously impressed with their sea riding ability. Hard to find a small boat that could compare. They ride on top of the chop. I have a 5.3 m tinnie and love it - great hull for what it is.But I am not sure why people would hate the cat hulls. What is there to dislike about them? These are the first ones I had been on, and now have done plenty of open water kms on them. They go places at speeds my boat could not look at. Yes they are a bit heavier, but f/glass boats are anyway.
Regards
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:53pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Years ago there was a lot of negative stuff about cats on the internet over here but when you delved into it deep enough much of it was muck raking by other boat manufacturers. I'm happy with mine, just don't get side on in a short troughy sea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:04am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, they dig in a bit that way, whereas the mono hull, I quite like a side on sea - I can roll with it rather than bash into it. But those cat hulls sure fly over the rough water.
On the trip back from the islandswe hit some patches up to 7m - where you pass near another island and the underwater structures suddenly push the swells up. Had to turn the boat 90 deg and head away from our target until we rode thru them. But you have to be on the throttles all the time - ready to react. But not many boats I would prefer to be on in a big ocean that gets grumpy. Like every boat - you need to know its capabilities.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member