Biodegradability of lures should be mandatory imo!

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:08pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

I gave up on gulp yrs ago.. nothing to do with environmental stuff.. basic economics
Just as Muppet describes...
Z get a little loose, drop a small plastic tie on the front.

Over the last 20yrs or so our composting, recycling stuff has had nothing to do with environmental concerns, its become economically good sense.

Still waiting for Auckland city council to bring in charge per rubbish bin thu....instead of getting charged to put out each week, will get charged for putting out every 3 or 4 weeks.

Bottom line right now we are getting charged for those who cant be bothered to recycle, and or just consume ....

And I can see the comments coming .." oh your bin must get smelly"  which includes fish skins and frames cant give away or burly.
I have described before how to make the perfect lid seal around the top with silicone.
Parts of AK pay per pick for rubbish,north shore/papakura think Henderson. No tag no pick up around $3 per tag,so recycle,use council free compost bin and we canget 2 weeks before bin goes out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:22pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Rechecked my second to last post and it appears that I had one too many capitol letters, my bad, one too many bottles of medicine, I think, but now corrected. Fiz I don't see any tongue in cheek figures and I stand by what I say. But if there is an issue of impact from on water activitys then shouldn't it be more directed at all the likes of lead, 2st engines, mono, plastics of all calibres, and so on and so on. The reality is, is that trying to ban any one thing highlights another, and so the cycle continues, rather than trying to single out one form of potential pollutant. Eliminate, Isolate, Minimise. Three different solutions and each with a set of their own problems. Which comes back to "we have a people problem", but how do we deal with that. Start an advertising campaign?.
When I go fishing I go with a clean conscience and when I return its still clean. I will kill whatever I am allowed to, release whatever I feel like, cast any form of soft plastic to which I feel inclined to, drop chunks of lead over the side in its varying forms, Smack a hook thru the back or eyeballs of some form of living critter, maintain my lines to the best of my ability and use every bit of skill and knowledge that I have learned from hard lessons and experience.
And if anyone wishes to question or criticise my ethics, means, or opinions, then all the ducks better be lined up in a row.
However all things being said and done, opinions are like a s s h o l es, we've all got one and they are all different
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:39pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Rechecked my second to last post and it appears that I had one too many capitol letters, my bad, one too many bottles of medicine, I think, but now corrected. Fiz I don't see any tongue in cheek figures and I stand by what I say. But if there is an issue of impact from on water activitys then shouldn't it be more directed at all the likes of lead, 2st engines, mono, plastics of all calibres, and so on and so on.

My apologies if I didnt post it, but I know I clicked the emoji ;-p

Yes 100% agree. The reality is this isnt an overnight fix. They are all major problems. We need to get our recycling in check, I meant to chase that up as the poster had said it had been outsourced. My source says it gets sent oversees for landfill. Possibly a combo of both.

But we print the damn recycling type on the bottom of the plastic container. Why cant NZ, specifically Auck first, invest in its on plastic recycling tech. In some countries you cant mix your recycling, even down to the colour of your glass bottles. Yet Auck city STILL doesnt have one method of collecting trash or recycling. Its a big frustrating when yes you want plastic out of the ocean yet main contributors arent even close to being corrected. 

I remember my uncles use to break their beer bottles in the ocean thinking they were doing good lol. But its no longer the 60s yet I still see other boaties chucking rubbish over the side without even thinkng its not right. 

Mono is a pet peave, we all find it, everywhere. 

Carby 2 Smokes are banned in Aus FOR NEW SALES(up to 19kw), Im not sure why not in NZ. Prices of the old Honda 4 strokes in the 80s have come down significantly and 2 stroke direct injections are awesome. So I think this is another that will be sorted fairly soon in NZ following Aus, at least I hope.

Does anybody know if diesels are implementing new tech? Im not sure what Mercruiser is up to etc

There is one beach that has family meaning to my ancestory in the coromandel. It looks like those islands of plastic above the storm/high water mark. I want to clean it up. Its about 1km long. But I dont have the logistics yet, ie bother seperating recylcing, how many bros I will need to help, etc. But its amazing what eventually finds its way back to shore. 

Im reading more on their plans to clean up the bulk of plastics in the pacific. So that is somewhat inspiring. 

Re Softbaits, I think biodegradibility in the ocean is not 30 years off etc, it will happen. People take time to act as one, Im a realist about that, I know not everyone is going to buy Bios immediately over a stronger lure. Price per lure/longevity is the key strategy there in reality. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:46am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I remember my uncles use to break their beer bottles in the ocean thinking they were doing good lol.

Nah.. was just lazy BS of the day... Though once broken, they grind away faster.. and think about it, where did the bottles come from in the 1st place? Sand.

As to this recycling BS.. its just that.
 look at how long and eventually legislation to make the supermarkets dump bags
 Same goes for the BS of recyclable plastics.. the technology has been there for yrs now...what is missing is the legistartion from a government that actually cares enough to say
" OK no 5yrs introductions , industry has know this has know this has been a piont of contention for decades. They have known eventually it WILL become law... So it is going to be law in 3 months. ALL plastics must be to X stds... period"

But do we have law makers with the balls to do so.. nope. on all sides of the house.

That is where the problem lays on recycling , environment, even middle income share of the national wage bill..
Those we elect, cant do the job we elect them for..anymore
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:00pm
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Its not entirely BS Steps. Its corporations protecting their shareholder profits by choosing the cheapest option. Govt is guided by public sentiment, rarely pushing legislation if theres no driver.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its corporations protecting their shareholder profits by choosing the cheapest option.

Well director have a legal responsibility to shareholders to do so, and if dont can be sued by them...
 Thats international law..

Govt is guided by public sentiment, rarely pushing legislation if theres no driver.

Yep.. put another way, its about popularity, votes and bribes to gain those votes, to hold treasury benches, not what is  or should be done

And that is why governments all around the world recognized climate change a couple decades ago.. and set targets.
 Which  NEVER get reached, so in a blaze of BS glory re4set new targets everything a new government is re elected.
 And not tell anyone about this.
 Its all political  BS.  all PR noise and no do

Page  <1 234