Wanting first boat, $3400

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanting first boat, $3400
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking to buy more first inshore boat, Fishing real close in round whangaparaoa and east coast bays.

Tight budget $3400 if anyone has one please pm me

Thanks
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:49pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just down the page mate a Mac360
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 5:53pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Would be an awesome first boat - might need to raise some more money but should talk to them about it .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:06pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

highly recommend the mac be absolutely perfect
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

What are you hoping to do? Fishing solo? Taking a family out? what is your towing vehicle? Do you have somewhere to store it?
If fishing solo you could get a mean as fishing kayak. If you're looking at taking a cropwd you won't get anything suitable. For you and a mate intending on fishing in very close (a good proposition there) you could certainly get something that would do the job.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:34pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I just restored a mac360 that has been thrown onto the rocks and pretty much abandoned. Had to sink a LOT of hours and elbow grease to get it afloat again - I'd say 3.4k is the bare minimum to get on the water and your biggest virtue will be patience. Had to scout this forum, trademe and FB every day for 5 month before I got all bits together.
And remember – buying a boat is only the start, from that on you'll keep pouring loads of coin into it. At least now it's easier to hide smaller, incremental expenses from the beancounter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:56am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The cost is getting a reliable engine...not the boat
That sort of money will be hard pushed to get much if anything at all
Legacy and Smudge comments need to be considered.

I was tentatively looking around for something to quickly tow and launch in the river and harbour.. wasnt anything under 7K.

Or if handy with tools, reasonable workshop occasionally something like emp has done. Thats the 2nd mac I know has been done and turned out very well.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:52am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Pure Lure, Id'e Probably be the best person around to advise you on getting  a Mac 360, but for a good rig your  short on budget. Maybe save a bit longer for a good one if nothing else comes along. They are great stable silent little boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:12pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah my first rig was a mac 340 with a 15hp on it I bought the motor hull and trailer separately, total cost was 2600, I went everywhere in it
caught some great fish on it too, I bought the motor through a mate who is an outboard mechanic, I can give you his details if you like, he always has different motors on the go and gives warrantys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote old timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
old timer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Would agree with the above comments. You may have to be patient. But sit with your finger on the button if the gem comes up. As said you might be best to look for an inflatable with a 25 on the back or look out for that older sea nymph, fleetline saphire etc that has been re powered in the 90's or 00's