Climate Change - That Disobedient Ice Cap

Page  <12345 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:21pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

This is worth a watch...

Yip he has credibilty  .... His organisation actually list him as an expert hydrologist not climate scientist..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:00pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I remember reading about 30yrs ago, in new age mags about the temperature fluctuation patterns this planet goes through over the thousands of years, something like every 4-600 years where the planet naturally heats up (like now, not talking about how people are helping out with what we are adding to it) then goes through a cooling off period.... also talked about pole shift
The pattern they found that bought about that publication was through findings from archaeologist, anthropology & other findings.
Funny thing tho, what caused the media sensation at the time was some of the indigenous people around the world had mapped out these predictions of the planet warming & cooling off centuries ago.
The scientists that agreed with these theories seemed to back this up as there was mentioned the universe is predictable threw mathematics
All way beyond me, but the pattern of planet behavior has been around for sometime, seems to now be controlled what is popular & whats not.... at least money has nothing to do with it haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:12pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wow, so i'm not the only one who thinks it's mostly hype.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:17pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

some have called it the great global wealth redistribution scam.
Seems N.Z gives $1.4 billion to the paris accord every year.
Imagine how that could be used here,dealing with our own pollution issues.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:25pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

some have called it the great global wealth redistribution scam.
Seems N.Z gives $1.4 billion to the paris accord every year.
Imagine how that could be used here,dealing with our own pollution issues.

I'd be happy if it were used toward the homeless issue.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NZ gives away money to people that don't need it. Our lovely adern gave the Clinton foundation millions for what?
Could have been spent in this country...on things that matter to us.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:31pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes homeless as well clutch

The Food police. U.N now wants sweeping powers to regulate how much meat you eat to save the planet.
Recently Germany has introduced 19% tax on meat.

This interview can be heard now on Climate depot.    climatedepot.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think just about every night especially on One News the past couple of weeks they have ran we must go vegetarian or eat lab meat story. 

Wealth redistribution is going on alright paid for by the working class of course. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:07pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wheres Leighton Smith when you need him??he does not buy in to this climate change B/s either
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL Podcasts pjc, quite good too. Did a climate one not so long ago.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:43pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ok i guess i am alone on this and i sure as hope i am wrong and you are correct as i worry for our future generations.

I will have one more attempt at convincing you.

As i said earlier I suck running a computer so bear with me pls.

Now go to Catchalots "catche of the day".. spot the difference ? you dont need to go to Specsavers to notice there is a dramitic difference.
This is conclusive proof the Earth was cooler in the past as bathing suits now are much skimpier due to the warmer weather ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 7:56pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by reel crayze reel crayze wrote:

Ok i guess i am alone on this and i sure as hope i am wrong and you are correct as i worry for our future generations.

I will have one more attempt at convincing you.

As i said earlier I suck running a computer so bear with me pls.

Now go to Catchalots "catche of the day".. spot the difference ? you dont need to go to Specsavers to notice there is a dramitic difference.
This is conclusive proof the Earth was cooler in the past as bathing suits now are much skimpier due to the warmer weather ?

Mmmmmm.
Nothing to do with the loosening of moral values/beliefs and the rise of more liberal ones?
Must be the weather aye.
Unless I have missed the deliberate satire in your post?
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 9:37pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Your second link didn't work catchelot
Reel crayze I liked Your last post but just because the chap telling you uneasy truths isn't "qualified" doesn't make the words less truthful. Mind you some of that was waffle. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:04am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am also a scientist by training. I am a sceptic because the subject is so politicised on both sides. A few years ago I looked into it and my understanding is that the 97% of all scientists agree statement is actually derived from a review of climate papers where the authors Looked for keywords only and doesn’t actually mean what a lay person thinks it does. More here if you are interested

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joseph-bast-and-roy-spencer-the-myth-of-the-climate-change-97-1401145980

The problem is our understanding is informed by computer models that are extremely complex and continually updated with actual data as their predictions differ from what actually occurs. The level of science we have available is not as hard as most scientists would like and the changes we would have to make on a global level are mostly unpalatable.

Like others have said it is probably a moot point. The chance that collectively we will make changes significant enough to influence the global climate irrespective of whether we are actually in a ‘climate emergency’ or not is close to zero
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:40am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A billion trees will fix it, yeah right.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:57am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Trees produce methane
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 11:12am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bottom line.. who cares why I can now crop summer veggies thru to April 4/5 weeks later.. and now plant out end Aug..5 to 6 weeks earlier.
 And this has been slowly getting more over the last 30/40 yrs of having a garden.
 Tuis have been acrobatic matting before the closes t week of the yr now... 5 to 6 weeks ealy. And they are not the only animal species.
The CO2 content (doesnt matter why) is getting up to levels that historically caused major negative disruption to life on this planet. (extinction total and limited of many species.

So what do I care?  zilch
Why? Cause if I think about the next 50 yrs or so, and the social implications of flooding, storms.. the potential cost that no government(tax and rate payerr) can afford to do anything about without closing hospitals, schools, and super , benefits all going.
 Thats an economic disaster way beyond Greece just a few yrs ago.. without an environment disaster on top.

As to governments / councils declaring an environment/ weather change disaster... What utter self righteous PC political grandstanding  BS... to make it look like they are doing something significant
 A disaster is declared after the 'earthquake/ flood'
The weather/ crop/ flooding etc disaster has yet to happen...

In my books the weather is changing, in an opposite direction to the pre dark ages days...and uit is far beyond the point of no return now..
 The thought of the future of our grandchildren , and that it is to late to stop anything is scarry ....so I just get on with life while we can.

Guys talk about the weather changes in the 30s,, yep there was a big  spike...
 The changes over the last few 1000 yrs .. yep been a few spikes.. eg the dark ages..

And in each of these social, and economic break down , along with crop failures, unemployment, famine etc all been the result.

The arguments as to why, or has happened before...
red herrings..
What is important is what is the result in a decade or so?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 2:20pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Your second link didn't work catchelot
Reel crayze I liked Your last post but just because the chap telling you uneasy truths isn't "qualified" doesn't make the words less truthful. Mind you some of that was waffle. 

Go to Youtube and search for Jay Lehr - the slide show I showed Trump

I can't get the link to work on the forum.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:15pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Two recent points of interest .

90 leading Italian scientists have signed a petition 
Man made global warming unproven hypothesis. Catastrophic predictions are not realistic.

In Finland. Turku university. Practically no evidence for man made climate change.
Not surprisingly neither has appeared (to my knowledge) in our own MSM.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Big Weta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 11:09pm
Big Weta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The thing I always wonder is, did humans cause the last ice age to end somehow or does climate change predate human existence on earth? The argument has so many conflicting & biased facts both ways. If any study is performed with a predetermined outcome in mind by those doing the research, facts supporting the viewpoint of the researcher will be found.
More importantly, if the water levels rise, does that mean more fishing spots available?
Page  <12345 13>