Climate Change - That Disobedient Ice Cap

Page  <1 45678 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:43pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Originally posted by Fraser Hocks Fraser Hocks wrote:

Ah the internet, a place intended so we can share the knowledge of the world, yet we use it as a place to argue with on another LOL

Does climate change?  Well yes.   Is it caused by humans....I very much doubt it.    Should we all be doing more to care about the environment and cause less harm to the environment.... YES!     All the warming hype is designed to attempt to stop stupid people that cant think for themselves, doing less harm to our environment.....hopefullyUnhappy

Why is it that the ones always flipping out about armageddon due to the latest climate report they have read on the internet, are always the ones with multiple kids running around.   Does no one realize that producing more and more people is THE biggest issue we all face.  Stop population growth for love of god!  

And if you don't believe in conspiracies then explain to me why all governments encourage population growth, while they keep bringing in more and more polices around saving the environment, fully in the knowledge that population growth is THE biggest impact on the environment. 

As mentioned by myself in an earlier post, a rapid human depopulation is the only answer to save many species and ecosystems.
It will do nothing for climate change as that is a natural phenomena which has been happening since the beginning of time.
It is simply because of the population and mass instant media that we hear about things quickly and events have huge death tolls and destruction.
We now live n areas the ancients did not for that very reason.
Climatic events made them dangerous.
As for Governments halting births, it will never happen as capitalism, especially the version we have now will not allow it.
It needs a growing population to grow.
China tried it and realised it was economic suicide so scrapped the idea,
Never fear, one way or another there will be a huge cull.
It will either be via nature or mans penchant for stupidity.

I agree
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jacinda looking all concerned as usual in the Pacific Islands currently pointing the finger at Australia regarding coal. Naughty, naughty Australia.

Yet the island nations will happily take money off China, you couldn't make it up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:14pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

97 % of all snapper indentify as Gurnard.

Don't you realise John, it has been is proven that 96 . 3618 % of such statistics have simply been made up on the spot !
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:51pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

97 % of all snapper indentify as Gurnard.

Don't you realise John, it has been is proven that 96 . 3618 % of such statistics have simply been made up on the spot !

Ha Ha,your onto it Bazza. By your calculation we are one 30cm snapper short. If it hadnt been caught by some rec we would have 97%.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marko 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:08pm
Marko 44 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I saw a sheep once that thought it was a cow.
The other cows use to bunt it Ouch(you stupid sheep f off), but he seemed to like that and persisted in hanging with the cows.

Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:35pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

He has gone a bit OTT with the sock thing but I agree with his sentiment.

The Islands happily take tonnes of chinese money but have they told them to shut down their C02 burning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:36am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The depressing things include the following:

- "reinforcement": i.e. people choosing to believe what fits with their preconceptions rather than having to cope with facts that run contrary to their current beliefs.  You might want to call this denial

- "populism": i.e. our so-called political leaders saying exactly what crap they think people want to hear, just to get popular vote.  Fact?  Alternative fact!  You choose!

- "denialism": deny the bleeding obvious, deny all evidence, deny anything so that you can support whatever hoax theory you choose.  Antivaxxers, antifluoriders, vapers, flat-earthers, climate-denalists, birthrs, you name it: fact = irelevant

And more.

The thing is that it is totally impossible to argue with this sort of person since fact and logic no longer apply. By definition! I had a frustrating hour  (less I am sure) talking to someone recently: the world was created 8 thousand years ago, it seems.  Fossils.  Bollocks. everything else bollocks too.  Impossible to do anything other than shrug, laugh and ignore. Believe!!!!  yay.  Right.  No..

Same with most of the crap on this thread. Oh well....  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:35am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Talking of logic.

Prince Harry and Meghan "we must save the planet..."

Nek Minute

On a private jet to Elton Johns pad.

I say again if it is good enough for them so it is for us.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I did laugh when I read about the climate change activist Greta Thunberg traveling to America from Europe to go to climate change meetings.  She famously won't travel on planes so is travelling across the Atlantic in a yacht.Shame that two crew members have to be flown to America to bring the yacht back and that several of the crew on board are flying back to Europe when they get to America.  So, saving one person flying has caused several others to rack up thousands of miles.  But at least she gets to keep her green credibility intact and not be seen on a plane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigEarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:26pm
BigEarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Recently Germany has introduced 19% tax on meat.

Get your facts right. Germany has NOT introduced any new tax on meat. So far there has only been a discussion, whether the reduced 7% VAT for staple foods should still apply to meat products or whether the standard VAT of 19% should be applied. The reduced VAT 7% at the moment applies to some essential products, e.g. cultural goods, print media, some medical goods, some, as well as some but not all foods, for example potatoes, milk, butter, meat, certain vegetables, grains/flour, some beverages etc. 
IMO, both dairy products and meat have no need for reduced VAT, since both are neither essential foods, even though I enjoy a good steak or cheese at times. The low prices (speaking of Germany, not NZ) for either of them just contribute to over-consumption and anybody who eats meat and dairy in healthy proportions will hardly feel the 12% increase. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:37pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Talking of logic.

Nek Minute

But that doesn't count, because Elton made a "carbon neutral" donation on their behalf Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The German meat tax , increasing the vat from 7% to 19% 
is on the table, not yet passed, but very likely to proceed into law..
The current U.N push is to limit meat .
Meanwhile our climate high priest Al Gore,while pushing the limitation of meat consumption has become the biggest financial investor  in the artificial meat company "Beyond meat"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Talking of logic.

Nek Minute

But that doesn't count, because Elton made a "carbon neutral" donation on their behalf Confused

Proof if you ever need it that money fixes everything.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:04pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Talking of Greta she was recently in Germany trying to save an ancient forest and town from being turned into a coalmine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 5:03pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

I did laugh when I read about the climate change activist Greta Thunberg traveling to America from Europe to go to climate change meetings.  She famously won't travel on planes so is travelling across the Atlantic in a yacht.Shame that two crew members have to be flown to America to bring the yacht back and that several of the crew on board are flying back to Europe when they get to America.  So, saving one person flying has caused several others to rack up thousands of miles.  But at least she gets to keep her green credibility intact and not be seen on a plane.

But wait, there is more.
Are you factoring in the carbon footprint it took to make the eco yacht in the first place?
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:31am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49405023

Lots of ice that refuses to NOT melt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:37am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is not the first glacier to melt. Just the first one that has had a silly funeral.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BigEarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:39am
BigEarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The German meat tax , increasing the vat from 7% to 19% 
is on the table, not yet passed, but very likely to proceed into law..
The current U.N push is to limit meat .
Meanwhile our climate high priest Al Gore,while pushing the limitation of meat consumption has become the biggest financial investor  in the artificial meat company "Beyond meat"

There is no such thing as a meat tax! It's the standard VAT that's applied to most goods, except to those few who have the lower 7% VAT applied.
Page  <1 45678 13>