Gamefishing Updates to Dec '23 - Coromandel to BOP

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamefishing Updates to Dec '23 - Coromandel to BOP
    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 4:05pm
Sezza View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Game-fishing reports, updates, and pics here. Good luck for the  season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 5:15pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I. Ah be wrong but wasn't there a blue caught off the Aldermans....
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 5:07am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Herd of a small yellowfin caught in 350m on a skippy lure out the back of aldies.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 7:40am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

2 friends of mine landed 2 y/fin   out the back of mayor yesterday ,  i was going out there today but my old stomach problem i have had for 20 years now bugger of a thing at times ,  has started to play up last night  so land lubed with that for a few days must drink more water at Christmas but the whiskeys been good  but not so for fishing lol the mercury bay club out of whitianga   and back of the auldis  are getting quite a few fins yesterday 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There were ****loads of yft coaught of Coro today
That school is moving fast south.

Record breaking I hear in numbers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 7:58pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mates  boat i fish on some times , got 3  of mayor yesterday and lost a 60 kg job at the boat  , im going out tomorrow of mayor for one or 2 days hopefully they mit be still around , i love catching y/fin ClapClap

but this must be the best run  since the early 90s  heaps have been landed , hope they stick around 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 11:06am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got out to mayor for 3 days pulling lures , result was 15 albacore and 1 y/fin  the y/fin 13 kg was part of a double hit the other fish was a albacore  sea rough as on the last day , word is a number of back marlin have been seen  around mayor  one in 40 meters  up by the reserve  ne side of the island, most of the albies we got  where right on top of the alderman rise , but talking to  a niwa scientist friend of the skippers when we got in,  he was saying the albies a really over the place even inside brewers shoal 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 10:51am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Before this westerly flow 200-300m back of the Aldies seemed to be quite productive for YFT - best day was 27 about a week ago but there were a couple of trebs in that and quite a number of boats fishing. Also heard a double up round the Hook area so certainly a few about and worth a look when the weather settles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:55pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

80odd kg stripy weighed in at matarangi yesterday
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:47pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Heard a blue weighed at Tauranga tonight , came very wide of the Aldies .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 9:15am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

same guy, tag another yesterday . Ocean monach
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 8:40pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did a few miles for not many smiles today out of Pauanui today. Initially headed towards Mayor out to 280m and although we picked up a few Albert's the water didnt get above 21.4.
Headed back to behind the Aldies where the water was 23.6.
Pretty quiet day to be fair but a visit from a few dolphins picked our spirits up.
Can change in a heart beat so we'll have anorher crack in a few days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 2:12pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Took my step daughter Caitlyn out for a gamefish yesterday to try and catch her first marlin, also was the first days game fishing in the new boat. Went out through the Kaituna Cut and headed out the back of Plate Island, water was pretty green and lousy until we got to 150m where I slowed down and put the gear in the water at about 8am. Wandered on out and got into an area in 400m with a heap of Mutton Ducks wheeling around and it looked really fishy, so worked this area and just after 9am the RG1 Koheru on the short rigger got nailed. Well behaved fish which swam away with a tag in it about 35 minutes later, a nice little fish of about 65-70 kg. Not bad to have the first marlin for the boat hooked up in just over an hours trolling (previous owner had caught a heap of fish from it, so new it raised fish). Caitlyn was wrapped to get her first marlin and get that monkey off her shoulder, she just wants to get a bigger one now to hang on the scales.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 4:02pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's just what the doctor ordered.
Happy family and even keener crew.

And a happy skipper with a new successful toy.

Got to be pleased with that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 8:53am
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just wondering where is currently (pardon the pun) the best place to top up the freezer with skippies? Thanks people and may I wish you all good luck and safe returns to port.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 8:00pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A couple of nice bluefin tuna for the Tauranga based vessel Leander with skipper Vaughan Mitchell at the helm.

These fish were caught between White Island and Waihau Bay for anglers Nick Peters, Dan Peters, and Arrum Ali on another boat.

Photo Credit and photography courtesy of Arrum Ali.

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 8:05pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:37am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done - the bibbed minnows seem to be working well + a lumo👍
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Caught yesterday...Clap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:45pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do they look happy and ready for a tall tale and beer.
Page  123 4>