Gamefishing Updates to Dec '23 - Tutukaka

Page  <1 56789 11>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 8:51pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That inside the V is a given for this upcoming time.
Bait concentrates there and big fish accumulate to feed.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 7:19am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have been wondering this considerably as I can essentially only spear a marlin on either bait balls being nailed in a feeding frenzy or having a livebait under the boat and waiting which requires baitballs. (some may disagree but trying to spear a marlin with tugging hookless plastics has just way too many variables to try and line up to get a shot that holds IF you can even see / line the fish up in time)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 10:18pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So mate I only know one guy who does this consistently well (best part of this post is same age almost as me) and he’s  from what I’ve observed and based on his years of experience and hard earned success is from my recent observation into driving round a fair bit and jumping into work ups. Recently with us trolling nearby. I’ll always give him a wide berth because he the original tough mother ****er and because I know he works hard for fish and deserves every one of them he gets.
Never that happy if I hear he loses one on a spear though cause he’s wrecked a nice fish and you boys do maim probably mortally those you don’t  stone dead. Each to their own I say and last time saw that fella he was jumping into heavily mako infested waters. But hear you real blue water spearo fellas don’t mind that...I used to be a diver and in younger days and a proficient spearo... it is next level what he’s doing but slightly riiskay and not nearly as relaxing as running a few lures with hooks in them through same waters with beer in hand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 10:59pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JAS if you want to come to inside  of V post lockdown and seek to spear a fish and we are lucky enuf to cross paths will give you same consideration... unless hooked up. Cause we all need to be kind. Just make sure your shot is good and will celebrate with you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:32am
9628 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the V was right up by BOI entrance is that right or am I wrong again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:04am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 9628 9628 wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the V was right up by BOI entrance is that right or am I wrong again

Here mate named after the V on the chart...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 11:21am
9628 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for that thought that was it

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:32pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes I too respect the speros out giving it a go. Bloody big ask for sure. I will help if I can. Not on the rt though, else it'll be a carpark. I have your number Ant just not had the opportunity to be of any use to you yet. If you hear I'm out and are going too drop me a line. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 7:14pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 7:16pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 7:17pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Website not letting me put all pics up... this should be the last one, well doneClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 7:58pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Massive effort.congratulations.A bucket list catch for many.👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 9:19pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well done crew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:06pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done everyone!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

From FB...

Another story. 2 Striped Marlin dropped 140 Whangamumu today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

pretty cool Al. Not really surprised
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:37pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Yeah mate fish are still there, just no one is out there doin' it!Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:38pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Shane, have heard of Slender Tuna coming through also, another reason to keep the powder dry and at the ready!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sadly, the passing of a Legend...

It is with great regret we announce the passing of Sandy Pierce. Sandy Pierce passed away yesterday on the 12th June 2020.
A 76 year young Fantastic Fisher Woman, as a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a great grandmother. Who held many of club records... She caught the 1st ever 100th Marlin for the WDSAC, and the 1st person who caught a tagged marlin in NZ waters.
Sandy was dearly loved by so many, she brought laughter and happy times and will be sincerely missed by all.
Her family would like to welcome all to her funeral service which will be held at the Whangarei Deep Sea Anglers Club, on Wednesday 17th June at 2pm. Where we will all celebrate her life and the good times we shared with her.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:32pm
9628 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

SCREAMING REELS ARE COMINGLOL
Page  <1 56789 11>