Elusive Ninety mile trevally

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elusive Ninety mile trevally
    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 10:23am
qsilver View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Trevally ?

Heading up to ninety mile in  a couple of weeks

Ive had no problem catching the odd snapper or two but

this time the species target is a nice big trevally on the surfcaster.

Are they more prolific at the north end, middle or south

not asking for anyones spot x but would love to know if im fishing in the right pond Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 2:05pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have never fished 90 Mile Beach, but I know a very experienced 90 Mile Beach surfcaster who has placed well in numerous comps on the beach and they have won the team section a number of times as well. He has caught trevally to 7.5 kg on the beach and he told me that the trevally are in the white water whereas the snapper are in holes or clearer water areas.