Cool little lure

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool little lure
    Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 8:24pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This just arrived from China. Really cool looking little lure. Well built with sharp, strong hooks. I can see myself casting it to kingfish, vertical jigging and trolling. I think snapper will destroy it pretty fast, but it was only $8 delivered.  

Pretty similar to the Savage Gear 3D Swim Squid, but a lot cheaper. 

I'll update the the thread after I've tried it (if I remember!).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002569238.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dtupwHc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:26am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Andrew

Nice looking lure but that assist cord is very average, best to retie using some light kevlar cordWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:47am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good point Kevin.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:16pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool looking lure, do you have a photo next to something so we can get an idea of the size?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:49pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It also looks like a blatant copy of the Chasebaits Ultimate Squid, which the Aussie guy who does MyLureBox on YouTube reckoned was awesome. Here's his vid, which has some excellent underwater footage that shows the action of the side flaps, the action on a jig head...

It's got excellent action, but I found that snapper bite off the tentacles very quickly. So the genuine article isn't great value in that sense.

The Chasebaits don't come with assist hooks, they're designed to go on a jighead. But the MyLurebox guy runs a section of mono through the body and ties on a hook that way as well (it sits inside the tentacles).

They are 150mm to the tentacle ends.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:38pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

Cool looking lure, do you have a photo next to something so we can get an idea of the size?

Coxie they are advertised as being 15cm long overall.