Winters A Winner! Mokau....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winters A Winner! Mokau....
    Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:33pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi All been a while since last off Mokau and had heard through the Kontiki Setters the Spikey Dogs had arrived big time! I teamed up with Aaron with the comfort of the bigger boat and headed out around 8am. A Fantastic winters Day greeted us and we were soon into some action. It was Shark after Shark, Spikeys and Greys Wrecking our traces with the odd Kahawai in between. Two hours was enough, no Snaps or Gurnhard so we moved  Spots. Same again straight into Sharks but they slowly eased up as the tide changed to incoming! First a few Gurns for the Bin but still no Snaps. Finally after four hours a few Pannies on Sabiki's then the only run from our Straylines for the day other than Sharks produced a nice 20 lb Snap, 80cm long! Wink Made the day otherwise it was Slim Pickings! Shortly after it was time to head back in to cross the Bar. Pic of myself holding The nice Snap I caught straylining. Cheers.... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:25pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice work Geoff, I thought you'd just want to catch gurnard now Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 7:40am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Geoff, hope to have a go this weekend.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 10:34am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Geoff, I need something to warm me up to winter fishing, that has done it. Well done great perseverance.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Nice work Geoff, I thought you'd just want to catch gurnard now Big smile
If they were the size of those Manukau Monsters Smudge I probably wouldLOL 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Thanks Geoff, I need something to warm me up to winter fishing, that has done it. Well done great perseverance.
Hi CrayZfish, Probably the worst Winters day i can remember on the amount of Sharks caught. That one fish changed the whole DayBig smile Patients payed off. Good luck next trip outBeer 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Nice Geoff, hope to have a go this weekend.

Cheers
Thanks Dennis! Have a good one this weekend.Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:01am
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shot Geoff. Patience payed off.