Someone should tell these fish that it is winter

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone should tell these fish that it is winter
    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:19pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Therefore they should not be carrying roe at this time of year as several that we caught today did !

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:56pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spawn and spawn more - love it
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:15am
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kingi I shot on 10th june had some too! Interesting stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:42am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Anyone got water temps?

Certainly doesnt feel particularly cold out there. Surfed on saturday (in wetsuits) and felt fine. Kids swam sunday without wetties no problem.

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:51pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Anyone got water temps?

Certainly doesnt feel particularly cold out there. Surfed on saturday (in wetsuits) and felt fine. Kids swam sunday without wetties no problem.
My expensive Lowrance shows 32 C which if accurate would mean any fish brought on board would be par boiled.
Yes it has been relatively mild to date but maybe this mornings' very welcome albeit fairly mild might signal things are about to change.

Might be a tad uncharitable to wish for frost but I have good reason to namely :-

Have spent a lot of time & expense building structures to protect frost sensitive plants such as jacaranders & passion fruit so would feel it could have been wasted effort if there were no frosts this winter ! 

Why has the method of posting images been changed from something that was simple to use & worked well to something complicated that does not work ???? Seems like a classic example of "If it ain't broken then don't try to fix it"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:07pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Possibly late spawners then water temp dropped so too cold to activate the mechanics to drop?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:55pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was 16.6 degrees where I was swimming around
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Why has the method of posting images been changed from something that was simple to use & worked well to something complicated that 

Why has the method of posting images been changed from something that was simple to use & worked well to something complicated that does not work ???? Seems like a classic example of "If it ain't broken then don't try to fix it"

Bazza, many people were having problems posting pics and you were one of them! Give it a go it is much easier and much faster.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 7:30pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Back to topic, I filleted a good bunch of gurnard the other day. This time of year they are typically bursting with roe. These ones only had the beginnings of roe if any
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 8:36pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Just added a pic to my previous post. Easier than ever
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 10:48pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Uncle, Smudge Et Al.

Have tried but continue to run into the same dark alley each time eg.

(1) Put in appropriate text.

(2) Click on image of tree in header bar

(3) Instead of the previous set up this now opens something asking to
     select the image or intended attachment.

(4) Having done so there is nowhere to go except maybe "preview" yet
     as far as I can see no facility to add the image/s to the post !!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 5:35am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

i cant find the how to post. i will have another look for it when i get some time. it is now a drag and drop type set up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:23am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

i cant find the how to post. i will have another look for it when i get some time. it is now a drag and drop type set up

Drag to where ??

All I get is the page to select the intended file or image which takes up the entire page with as far as I can make out leaves no facility to add it/them to the text of the proposed post.

Can anyone explain to me the path they use ?

For many years I used the previous setup without any probs until as smudge says it also went haywire for me but I eventually found a way to get it to work albeit not as efficient as before in as much could not appropriately place or insert the image in the post.

I am inclined to think that problem somehow has transferred itself in a different form to the new system. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:04am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

have a look in your other post bazza some advice there