What was it I saw ???????

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was it I saw ???????
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Last week my brother & I went on a fly fishing trip in the motorhome.

Was an enjoyable 5 or 6 days & comparatively productive despite the uncertain weather forecasts as well as the rivers being fairly high & coloured.

About the 4 th. day we were parked riverside on the Whirinaki on a farm property.

Like most old coots of my age after retiring to bed I usually need to take a couple of "comfort" sessions during the hours of darkness.

Was outside attending to the matter in hand ( no pun intended ) whilst admiring the superb vista the galaxy turns on such a crisp, frosty clear atmosphere well away from city lights.

Whilst admiring the spectacle & even noticing a couple of shooting stars became aware of one particular star that was 3 or 4 times the size of the next largest & whilst focussed on it was amazed to see it was definitely not only moving across the night sky but it was flashing off & on at approx. 5 sec equal intervals.

I shouted to my brother to come & have a look but being thin blooded from living most of his life in Queensland was reluctant to leave his mountain of bedding, clothing etc. instead claimed he could see it from the window on his side of the motorhome but that turned out to be a distant farm house with an outside light on.

Meantime after traversing about 1/3 of the constellation in maybe 5 minutes or less the flashing light of the unknown object switched off & did not come on again.

It did not look remotely similar to any satellite I have seen & most definitely was not a plane, or at least as we know them ... so what on earth or elsewhere was it ??????
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:08pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

that sounds like the international space station
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:15pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by spin king spin king wrote:

that sounds like the international space station

Would that travel as fast as this thing was moving ?????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:35pm
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Depends if you call 27,600.25 Kilometres per hour fast as that’s the International space Station orbit speed hahaha
keep up the good work boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:38pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its going extremely fast - 7.66km per second - that's 27,576 km/hr.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 6:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I saw something similar last year Bazza, I wondered if it was that silly thing Rocketlab put into orbit. It is like a disco ball thing and meant to reflect flashing lights back to earth it makes sense that it orbits NZ. It was not the ISS it is clear as very bright some days no flashing lights.

Seen a couple of weird things myself down here though to bazza, one in particular stands out now a dark red star when I was paddling out one morning. I just thought it was Mars but it was not until I actually saw Mars that I knew it wasn't. Mars has an orange hue this thing was dark as red and was the only star left in the sky as dawn broke. I took my eyes off it for a minute and boom gone, did not see it travel so couldn't say.

Last August while walking the dog as it got dark looking over SW Auckland again a dark red light just hanging. Seemed way up in the sky, like way high I called out the wife when I got home after the walk and it just hung there in front of both of us. After taking turns watching our son inside we were both lucky to see what happened next it turned a very bright green and from stand still moved west at a speed and in a manner I never seen before and seemed to speed off and disappeared . My wife freaked out LOL I got stick for not getting photos but I have never actually got a decent moon photo never mind a red dot in the sky. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 7:02pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did a guy who looked like this knock on the motorhome door and ask you to take him to your leader?

Image result for alien photos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishful Thinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 7:08pm
Fishful Thinking View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sounds like a traveler taking one look at how f'ed this place was and indicating a turn to a better holiday destination. With other traffic travelling at 27,000k best to indicate for some time and look carefully before changing course.
PhD: Pool Hall Diploma
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 7:09pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Aliens Bazza. They were looking for someone to abduct, but you were obviously not biologically significant enough
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Did a guy who looked like this knock on the motorhome door and ask you to take him to your leader?

Dealer bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:40pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Nah ... and even if it had would have instantly recognised Skoti in one of his many costumes !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 3:02pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

U.S Navy pilots are now reporting  seeing more ufos, some moving at hypersonic speeds,and seems u.s govt is finally accepting they are real---Fox news.

So its not just you Bazza.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 3:26pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh they are real man. Can't be piloted by humans,going from 28000ft to 50ft above the ocean in 0.75 seconds would turn a human to liquid.
Also submarine radar boys tagged one doing 500knts underwater.
What you saw bazza could have been one of the sats Elon musk deployed a few weeks back, apparently they put out irridium flares that are pretty bright.
I saw something years back that still puzzles me to this day,4 of us saw it.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 5:07pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

rocket man rocket man , a great Elton john song. hes been there,so have i.they look at us and say fn, nutters.they are out there guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:41pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There is a space station website - gives you their position around earth at any time.
Could check that and see if in the vicinity. If not..........good luck.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Slow disclosure is happening,I have a funny feeling they are black ops drones. If they are ET,they pretty stupid coming here,not alot for them to discover,or they just like probing people.....or skoti has a ufo.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:10pm
TJH View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Bazza Some satelites are high enough to catch the suns light even long after the sun has set and can be seen as a fast or slow blinking light depending on their speed of rotation and the sun reflecting off their sides or solar panels some times moon light as well, when they appear to totally turn off they have probably moved out of the suns light behind the earths shadow. Also there are sporadic flashes of the suns rays off the iridium satelites, known as iridium flares, these are cloured as well, do a google search maybe check out the heavens above website it has satelite and iridium flare predictions as well as iss sighting times, quite interesting

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:13pm
TJH View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Have also seen things at night and day that I can not explain, got a photo of one once as well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:35pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

My Facebook page gives me a heads up when the International Space Station is visible. It's very accurate and it moves pretty swiftly and takes about 5 mins to pass over. It's a pretty big bright light but It doesnt flash though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:47pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

My Facebook page gives me a heads up when the International Space Station is visible. It's very accurate and it moves pretty swiftly and takes about 5 mins to pass over. It's a pretty big bright light but It doesnt flash though.

What a nerd 😂
Page  12>