New Image Management System for Fishing.net.nz

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Image Management System for Fishing.net.nz
    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:56pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Our lead developer, Drew, has thrown out the image management component and we now have a bright and shiny new one folks.
The standard component that is built into the forum software which is now at Version 12.01 wasn't cutting it and it's just been a mission to find something that combines with the forum and has improved functionality.

Changes are:

Mobile

Desktop
Major changes are as follows:
  • You can now load multiple images at once - just drag and drop them to the right area or select using your file browser.
  • You can then insert images one at a time into your post
  • Images now have a small thumbnail and are sorted in chronological order with most recent at the top so if you load a few images then much easier to load up a post with several images.
  • Layout of the uploader is improved

NB: If you're loading several large files then after it says OK - images uploaded, there'll be a slight delay before the images appear on the LHS image file list - the delay depends on file size and what time of internet connection you have - larger files and low bandwidth both make the delay longer....

Any comments or thoughts welcomed and a big thanks to Drew for his help in getting this sorted - Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Grant
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:21pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:27pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:28pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OMG well done you tech wizards I can post pics again. Ya.....
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:53pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Awesome Pete. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated as Drew has put some serious effort and the team at Fishing.net.nz a lot of time testing and re-testing every change. Thanks to Josh, Sarah and Miah
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:09pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One slight problem,if you go in to your file management cannot delete file
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:29pm
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Give me time and I'll cock this up for you as well šŸ˜Ž
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:35pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:36pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great gifs work too!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:40pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:57pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

One slight problem,if you go in to your file management cannot delete file
that functionality has never been available Paul for a number of security reasons. You can remove a post that contains an image however so effectively the same result.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 9:25pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Paul..Looks like a mannificent enhancement that even I can follow instructions on ... for when next catch something decent for frame by frame post.
You all have to wait a while for that post on recent form. Anyway still very grateful for this excellent outlet for my fishing expression.
Still remember picking up my record Tonga blue.marlin bill from you courtesy of Henk, which think you beat Grant with your daughter , or someone has, a few years back. Cheers shane
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 9:29pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Cheers Shane and thanks for the feedback - Iā€™m sure there will be many worthy pix to come...

How good are the Tongan carvers? Lana has that bill as a permanent reminder of a worthy scrap with a great fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:57pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry correction on my last post , well done Drew. Looks like could be slight issue with "catch of the day" with my favourite poster but sure that will be sorted.

Anyways Grant .. your great dad putting your girl on to a magnicent fish she is proud of having the experience of catching with you ....   that is in my book role modelling.
Have put wife and step daughter on to fish .. didn't quite make it with own daughters that they got one .. but there's time side of the one that wants to get one. I didn't catch one till I was almost 40 ... after 3 years of trying ., but have caught a few since. Cabo is a great gig by the way, would love to take my daughters there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 7:30am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 7:31am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome, thanks team.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 11:18am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

works well grunta
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:32pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Sorry, but not working for me.  The file uploads, but can't drag it to the box.  When I do, a black circle with a cross thru it appears.  Help?
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Page  12>