Topic Closed

Page  <1 234
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:21pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Have I got this right?

Dave put a post on this forum offering a charter on his boat. Some members replied and a date was set for the charter and Dave informed those what the arrangements were and any conditions including the cost? Payment upfront either in full or deposit ( not sure ) was required by Dave. Dave agreed ( as with almost all charters ) that if because of weather or conditions beyond his control all money paid would be refunded. 
I am not sure if Dave is actually in the charter business or his boat is licensed for commercial charters but that is another matter.
The charter has be cancelled by Dave ?? , due to weather. I am not sure if an alternative charter went ahead and the outstanding refunds are for those that could not make that date. In any event, a crew to cover costs must have been on board if this charter proceeded. 
At this point (some months ago), Dave has decided not to refund money owing to those he has taken money from for the original charter?. 
Dave has become uncontactable, evasive. 
This is usually referred to as a scam or theft irrespective of who the perpetrator is or their motivation.
To start pledging donations to support this is condoning it.
I don't buy for one second any sob story offered up by anyone in this situation to justify bailing Dave out. 
.                                         And that's perfectly understandable, I just see this as a way of helping out someone who seems to be a good bloke and also helping some other good blokes out as well, to be honest I have already drunk 50 bucks this weekend so if you don't want to contribute it's fine, completely understand
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:41pm
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tonto, before you waste your money just try and get hold of Dave. We all have including by the sounds of it the Mod's, all with no avail. 
Thanks for you offer's but this should be between us and the person who took our money. If he owes others are you going to pay them as well?
Tagit and the other boats, office etc are no longer at Westhaven, His office there has been taken over by another companynot associated with him. So can only assume he is running his business from home and the boats are at Bayswater? So making a few phone calls saved me a drive.
Sure this is all going to work out fine. In the end.
Time for just a normal day charter to chill out.
Worst part was the weather was great for the other dates put up
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Fish 4T Fish 4T wrote:

Originally posted by BFIST BFIST wrote:

If a charter skipper took $2.5k of your money, I highly doubt you'd be ok and just sit there waiting for it with no updates or details of when you will get it back.

Did you actually chip in $2.5k? lucky me only chipped in $400.

Either way its wrong and we don't know why the man disappeared or bailed out, 
Losing his good name and reputation for $2.5k, 
I doubt he would do such thing.

I'm sure there is a good reason behind all this
like others said "its totally out of character".

Not me, the guy who started this discussion did.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:52pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Try reading it PJC, removed shareholder was Kitrina Jeffs, updated shareholder was David Morrow.
At least theres 2 addresses to go door knocking.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:10pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by formtool formtool wrote:

Tonto, before you waste your money just try and get hold of Dave. We all have including by the sounds of it the Mod's, all with no avail. 
Thanks for you offer's but this should be between us and the person who took our money. If he owes others are you going to pay them as well?
Tagit and the other boats, office etc are no longer at Westhaven, His office there has been taken over by another companynot associated with him. So can only assume he is running his business from home and the boats are at Bayswater? So making a few phone calls saved me a drive.
Sure this is all going to work out fine. In the end.
Time for just a normal day charter to chill out.
Worst part was the weather was great for the other dates put up

Sensible, decent approach there FT
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:29pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Time to give this a break and if anyone wants to continue the discussion you're welcome to do so but not on here. In the event more info comes to light then by all means drop me a PM.
Page  <1 234