Hutchwilco NZ Boatshow 2019

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hutchwilco NZ Boatshow 2019
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:52am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Starts today folks and there's a heap of new toys of all descriptions worth checking out!

Check out the NZ Fishing Media stand  - 177 in the Fishing hall for a great deal on NZ Fishing News subscriptions (get a $90 value bucket of useful stuff like CRC Noxy, Saltaway and more with every $89, 12 month subscription and be in to win a trip to Samoa and fish with Greg Hopping on Pure Indulgence.

Also, the Fishing.net.nz project boat - a 745 Extreme Centre Console with Seakeeper stabiliser, new Honda 250hp and all the latest electronics from Raymarine. 

Here's a taste....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:16am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice. See you tomorrow Grunta. No doubt I'll bump into plenty of other F'Netters there as always.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im leaving about 8:30am Waiuku tomorrow.
Picking up 1 person in Manurewa.. was going to be 2.

So have 2 seats available (3 if want to squeeze up in the back of the king cab) if anyone wants a lift/ pick up between Waiuku and Manurewa..
 We usually leave the show mid afternoon to miss most of the traffic home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:00pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spent most of the day there.
As always I enjoyed it.
Great variety of boats.

Extreme still the best for price and finish and functuality.
Though there are some contenders in part.

However as much as i like Surtees, that $250k price tag for the prize is clearly overinflated by $100k.

Hopefully you can cash it in.

I also realised for all the time and effort companies put in to show off there products, most still fall short in the final details which make there products look shoddy on inspection.

Definetly believe that buying new is only for the new car smell.
As the second hand market still provides stunning value in boats.
If you are considered in your purchase.

Oh and if you find a pair of titanium prescription glasses, there mine.

This muppet lost them.

Overall I always enjoy the day looking for insights, and there were plenty.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

It's been suggested that we meet at the NZ Fishing Media stand at 1.15 on Friday. i'll make an effort to be there at that time. Always good to catch up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:50pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty nice day there.  Spent $40k.  Happy me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:52pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mattoo and others:  I think the range of potential boats in NZ is really great.  Surtees, Extreme, McClay and others are all great.  i bought what (a) fits the garage and (b) manageable for an old man on his own.

Plus gadgets :)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:11pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ran out of time! (hunger got the best of me.. 10am-2pm) Too busy getting quotes on outboards & renewing coastguard stuff LOL oh and of course going to win the ol surtees Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:38pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

Mattoo and others:  I think the range of potential boats in NZ is really great.  Surtees, Extreme, McClay and others are all great.  i bought what (a) fits the garage and (b) manageable for an old man on his own.

Great effort! I am so impressed. I only have a few hundred to spend. I'll break the bad news to my wife as we're driving down the motorway Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:11pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Great effort! I am so impressed. I only have a few hundred to spend. I'll break the bad news to my wife as we're driving down the motorway Big smile

Its basically my retirement present to myself.  The wife part was not so bad; i just went on and on and on and........ then she said "OK but just shut the **** up".  Job done!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:16pm
Platinum
Platinum

Whats the fancy new toy brmbrm! The suspense... Cmon tell us!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:25am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Its basically my retirement present to myself.  The wife part was not so bad; i just went on and on and on and........ then she said "OK but just shut the **** up".  Job done!

Nice one Brian, at least you get what you want when you buy yourself a presentLOLThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:47am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

It's been suggested that we meet at the NZ Fishing Media stand at 1.15 on Friday. i'll make an effort to be there at that time. Always good to catch up!
Perfect - I'll make some coffees and we'll have a few cold drinks on hand....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:54am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Surtees 495, livebait tank, garmin 95sv, hopefully a minnkota to follow.  Folding screen to fit the garage - load up the night before. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:04am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Steve Williams from Voyager Trailers presented with the Furuno Snapper World Cup yesterday on the Furuno stand...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:42am
Platinum
Platinum

Surtees 495, livebait tank, garmin 95sv, hopefully a minnkota to follow.  Folding screen to fit the garage - load up the night before. 

Thumbs Up Nice choice! Always good to be able to squeeze the prized possessions into the garage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote miahd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:40pm
miahd View Drop Down
Content Manager
Content Manager

Just in case your jetski isn't loud enough already, there's THIS...

Editor @ NZ Fishing News Magazine.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:44am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Another good show. Thanks for 'letting us' invade the Fishing Media stand Grunta Big smile. A few F'Netters past and present were there - Dead Ant, Mars, Steps, Big Dave, myself, Arron & the admin guys Maia D, Grand D, Grunta, Sarah ... I'm guessing a fair few passed through during the day too. A good deal on magazine subscriptions too, with a pile of giveaways included in the subscription price. Missed catching up with BigFishBob. Next year!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:06am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:36am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I didn't realise New Zealand's Got Talent were there
Page  12>