So much to learn and explore - tie, test, repeat

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So much to learn and explore - tie, test, repeat
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:04am
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Out for a quick looksee late yesterday afternoon - so much to learn and explore.
https://youtu.be/G2NqPIfhPKM
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:23am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love it out there. You're doing really well.  I've seen very few cruising kings over there yet it screams out as a great locale for them. This is not a criticism but have you considered learning how to double haul? It'll make your casting so much easier. Plenty of how to's on Youtube. 

You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:18am
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snuffit. Snuffit. wrote:

This is not a criticism but have you considered learning how to double haul? It'll make your casting so much easier. Plenty of how to's on Youtube. 

Snuff - I’m all for criticism as it helps me improve, One of the main reasons I post videos is to get comments on how I could do things better and other areas I should consider
Double haul is a work in progress 😀
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:36pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yip. The fly fishing learning curve can start to look like a mountain on some days. Probably wouldn't be so captivating if it was easy.

Snuffit's on the money with the double haul. Rod needs to load, just in the same way a spinning rod loads just before a cast is released.

Love the structure in the harbour. Looks very fishy. That cool westerly was giving me Kaipara memories though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:33pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FishMan FishMan wrote:

Yip. The fly fishing learning curve can start to look like a mountain on some days. Probably wouldn't be so captivating if it was easy.

...and just when you think you got it sussed you go to Aitutaki and try to catch bonefish Ouch

Funny how I want to fish even more now...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:41pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice video. Happy to give you a few tips on the double haul if you want to join me out east one day. Might still be the odd kahawai school around.  PM me if you are keen. We can do a collab video as well.