Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)

Page  <1 23456 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:04pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PS you were bang on re dairy facts - well sourced. Big polluting industry and not good for most people

Netflix cowspiracy then research - our house hold laughs as loud at the milk is good for bones and may make you brainer ads as much as the Seaford propaganda ads.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:06pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If anyone has any doubts that a binding referendum results in a clear outcome, satisfactory to all............might I suggest a review of Brexit in the UK? 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Got-ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:24pm
Got-ya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

So the thief n chief wants to make pot ok but ban ALL centre fire semis (not just ARs or AKs etc like the general public has been sold) plus a hell of a lot historic or classic firearms. Yet I would place a large bet that directly or indirectly pot has killed a lot more New Zealanders. Go figure that leftist logic and their BS priorities.
It will be a no from me come referendum time. Agree with Smudge 100%. 
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:58pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mince Mince wrote:

Haha first post not even about fishing
that cracked me up
I smoked it quite heavily for about 8-10yrs of the 26yrs I smoked it.
I let it go about 8yrs ago, pretty much had enough of it, tried it a couple times afterwards & enjoyed it very much, in fact, it was lovely, bought back heaps of kool memories & honest sharing, something that I have never achieved with alcohol even in good company that enjoy good conversation on any topic

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

There is no way NZ will send product off shore to be tested for strength,as it decreases right after curing,so it's gonna be hard to find a baseline for it.
remember rum soaked buds buried in the ground.... earthy yuk but bloody good

Some good reading here...Tikunolam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:06pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

OK stoners, I've heard your spin on this. Here's what will happen. Two out of three beneficiaries will suddenly develop acute and chronic pain that can only be medicated with 'medical' marijuana. They will be able to get a little voucher to go buy some. The stuff will be prescribed for everything because the governing body behind all this will be a consortium of big time growers. 

The gangs will be able to get legitimate jobs as horticulturist experts but they will all get fired for being stoned on the job or for fighting. Cannabis doesn't make you laid back, that's a myth. I've seen a guy taken apart by drug dealers and I'm pretty sure they smoked the stuff too.

You know, much as I concur with your take on this (and I do support medical cannabis) if it gets the ‘chronic pain’ crowd OFF opiates (and their high resale value) I’m for it.
Just no new ‘oh doc I got chronic back pain’.

Both my big toe joints (bony, not green!) are quite arthritic such that I often limp for a large part of the day from pain, age 54.
So get this stoners, no new lumbar back pain if it is legalised in any way!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:05pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

To the question of does cannabis cause an6 disease

Yes strongly associated with psychosis and schizophrenia especially if starting young

Probably lung cancer too if smoked. Contains no nicotine but does contain known carcinogens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:01am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting discussion.....My two cents worth......
They made it legal in Canada......so they set a precedent....although Amsterdam have been turning a blind eye to it for years.......It doesnt seem to effect the crime rates there or raise higher drug users from its use......when things change....new problems can arise.....which has happened in Canada.....the biggest problem with road users getting stopped under the influence.....that has become a real issue there....In my teens i used to go around with my mates and the driver was always stoned and we never crashed.....Booze was the bad one for that but i saw some test they carried out recently and they came to startling  conclusion = People who were regular users turned out to be far safer than someone who had just had a smoke at a party for example and wasnt used to it !........If i had to chose which car to get in A) a stone driver v B) a drunk driver ....id go with the stoner anyday....because weed doesnt alter your vision like booze does....in fact there is a sense of "getting into it" which my friends used to enjoy.....Booze and sleep deprivation are far more dangerous but once you open one door....you open a whole can of worms.....and roading and work environment are two areas where being stoned would cause problems.....
        On another note...my mother in the uk is on the medicinal cannabis for her back.....dont know if its worked for her because she cant remember my phone number LOLLOLLOL...only joking.......
        To me its just another step to liberalizing the world.....we have moved forward and excpeted gay marriage......so if we can be that liberal .....why cant we except people having a drug of choice booze or a spliff.......personally i dont like either of them....but i do feel booze has cause a lot more trouble than weed ever will......75% of hospital cases in the US are either related to or indirectly related to booze.....= Car accidents/murder/violence(nobody gets violent stoned !),domestic violence,Rape,  Indirect = fatty liver/cancer/stroke/organ failure/renal blah blah....booze is toxic even in low doses.......Medicinal cannabis most definitley and i dont feel people should be scared whilst having a smoke of being busted......i went to see salmonella dub in wellington recently....the guy next to me asked me if i was a cop because he wanted to have a smoke and he was scared of getting busted....i guess i look a bit like a cop......i said go for it...i didnt give a ****......there were 4 or 5 people smoking around me and they offered me but i said "No" but that was through choice.....Did i feel it was wrong?......NO i didnt.....Violence is a big problem in the world now and anything that makes people mellow is great by me......that guy shook my hand at the end(i reckon he still thought i was a cop! hahah)....in fact i heard people muttering earlier "hes definitely a cop"...lol...there on my own.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:29am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"Everything you use is a drug, coffee, sugar, spices"......How very true......sugar is on par with cocaine....Im addicted and so is half the world....its leading the obesity and type 2 cause.
Then there are all the big pharma drugs that make things worse like statins that are supposed to lower cholesterol but then cause type 2 diabetes and also lower co enzyme Q10 in the body......what does Q10 do for you?...it keeps your heart strong ...so by taking statins you are actually weakening your heart and more likely to get type 2 and there is no scientific evidence to prove that statins lower the rates of heart disease or heart attack......just a big scam......only one country in the world meausres your make up of LDL and thats the USA......its the particles in that LDL that are important......the large particles are harmless and are raised by healthy fats......the small particles are what stick to your arteries and cause plaque build up and what causes those ? SUGAR........so you might well have high LDL with most of it made up of those large particles which will never do you harm and yet they force you onto statins to bring your LDL down.....Both nz and australia do not provide a breakdown of your LDL particles...I wonder why?
      Doctors are just drug dealers now......nothing is to cure....everything is to manage your disease to keep you on their pills.........I can think of several things that pills make things worse.......my father died from prostate cancer from taking pills to help with swollen prostate.....it turned cancerous after taking the meds...increases the rate of cancer by 60%......blood pressure pills make things worse and side effects.....anti depressants work at first then lower your b vitamins ....these are your natural mellowers.....suicide sky rockets amongst people on this medicine.....Big pharma doesnt want to cure anything....they want you on their pills for life !....Im on 3 for my type 2.....after 5 years they typically stop working and they dont know why.....then its insulin.......there is something in flour that ****s your islets in your pancreas....sugar is stuck in all our food....starchy carbs are ****ing the world up.....so weed?.........just something else that comes with risks to me..end of rant.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:13am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

I was on the fence but FizFisho your points were good ones and well put. Facts do cut through opinion and hearsay.

You offered FF to seek info if someone asked/ I was told Portugal has legalised all drugs and their drug use has gone down as has crime. Is that factual?   

Just remember facts are usually based on statistics and we all know how statistics can be manipulated by those with agendas.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:06am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by laidbackdood laidbackdood wrote:

"<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Everything you use is a drug, coffee, sugar, spices"......How very true......sugar is on par with cocaine....Im addicted and so is half the world....its leading the obesity and type 2 cause.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Then there are all the big pharma drugs that make things worse like statins that are supposed to lower cholesterol but then cause type 2 diabetes and also lower co enzyme Q10 in the body......what does Q10 do for you?...it keeps your heart strong ...so by taking statins you are actually weakening your heart and more likely to get type 2 and there is no scientific evidence to prove that statins lower the rates of heart disease or heart attack......just a big scam......only one country in the world meausres your make up of LDL and thats the USA......its the particles in that LDL that are important......the large particles are harmless and are raised by healthy fats......the small particles are what stick to your arteries and cause plaque build up and what causes those ? SUGAR........so you might well have high LDL with most of it made up of those large particles which will never do you harm and yet they force you onto statins to bring your LDL down.....Both nz and australia do not provide a breakdown of your LDL particles...I wonder why?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">      Doctors are just drug dealers now......nothing is to cure....everything is to manage your disease to keep you on their pills.........I can think of several things that pills make things worse.......my father died from prostate cancer from taking pills to help with swollen prostate.....it turned cancerous after taking the meds...increases the rate of cancer by 60%......blood pressure pills make things worse and side effects.....anti depressants work at first then lower your b vitamins ....these are your natural mellowers.....suicide sky rockets amongst people on this medicine.....Big pharma doesnt want to cure anything....they want you on their pills for life !....Im on 3 for my type 2.....after 5 years they typically stop working and they dont know why.....then its insulin.......there is something in flour that ****s your islets in your pancreas....sugar is stuck in all our food....starchy carbs are ****ing the world up.....so weed?.........just something else that comes with risks to me..end of rant.</span>

Wow. This is why it is so dangerous to blindly believe the stuff you read. If what you said was true the widespread use of statins would have led to an increase in heart disease rates. Instead it has strongly declined and the statin drugs have been extremely well studied and proven to decrease the risk of heart attack and even total death in some cases. The first of those trials was published in 1994. Patients in the so called 4S study (there were 4,444 of them) were randomised to placebo or simvastatin. After 4 years or so, the rested group rate of heart attack was 42% lower and the risk of death from any cause 30% lower.

Please don’t spout nonsense on things you don’t know anything about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:38am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just googled countries that have decriminalised Cannabis - now thats a lot of first world countries. You think they didnt research or try to change back if it wasn’t a positive for their countries?. Strange to see the parts of USA on the list as weren’t they the ones that made it illegal after they made alcohol illegal and that didnt work?
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:43am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Legal pot will change fishing as we know it.
I can see it all now.
Imagine--solo fisherman rolls joint between casts. One deep slurp--boom- flashback to easy rider.(remember that film) Starts singing i wanna be a bird. Flaps arms,leaps from boat and flies far away.
News headlines read. Solo fisherman last sighted on lone rock among irate nesting gannets, still rolling joints and singing i wanna be a birdie.
Coastguard and police to attempt a 'joint' rescue effort. LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:00am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha cirrius still have the video Easy rider and chec n Chong up in smoke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Smurfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:43am
Smurfy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

"Helen Clarke ONZ SSI PC (she aint no fool, so take this serious to have someone with her intelligence and knowledge say yes)" ???

SORRY but she was the worst PM this country ever had...this is the dictator that banned, taxed and regulated everything that moved. Her nanny-state bought in'anti-smacking' which resulted in a citizens referendum where 87% voted to have it removed - yet her and Bradford then labelled everyone who opposed her as 'child-beaters' and ignored the result. She then tried to ban nasty showers and lightbulbs, funded hip-hop tours, ramped up the minisrty of womens affairs, taxed rich-pricks at 39% who earned over $60k...no wonder she was voted out in a landslide...WHY SHOULD ANYONE believe Labour when they AGIN say they will have another referendum...they will just ignore the vote again and bow to whatever Jacinda wants...same as the next ref on euthanasia!
So you're offended...oh dear how sad, never mind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Reading thru it is very easy to pick out tea heads..
List selected information and heaps of totally irelivrnt info to to core subject(ie what species contains what) to solidify the impression of expertise, simply to justify an out come of legalised recreational use without any negative results of doing so.
Basically the tactics the nsa over kill of info to simply draw red herrings and smother any reliant info that doesn't comply
This has been a basic tactic since the propaganda /marketing days of gobbels thru to brextec. And as it happens very very effective...
Ex tea heads.. Have rather a balanced opinion having been there and spent many yrs clean..
Those who just have option.. Think dope is a hallucinogenic
Those who may or may not have had a past recreational use back ground.. Understand the use as a prescription drug and very well aware of the social cost of the current recreational use

So there are several individual questions.. Each totally independent of each other
1/ make legal in the same way as alcohol and another legal drug to those that already have a serious cost to society.
2/ introduce as a prescription drug for more free use and discretion of doctors as an alternative to opoid and affordable as asprin

Funny how 2/ gets buried, near obliterated by the over kill propaganda of 1/, yet 2/ would be the most important by far..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:49am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stay classy steps lol.
If you are insinuating I'm a "tea head" your pushing a turd up hill with a sharp stick....but carry on labeling people as you do 👍
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:00pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The referendum is about the recreational use of canabis, I think the continued referrals to its medical benefits are simply an attempt to muddy the water here, medical use is not the question and is not what you will be asked to vote on in this referendum.

You will be asked to vote yes or no on the legalising of the recreational use of marijuana for those over 20. I doubt very much that any other restrictions will be specified in the question.

Therefore arguments about medical use and benefit is just trying to justify general availability as the solution to a minority requirement.

If this referendum is lost I expect to see a second push for availability for "medical use".
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:45pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Health aside - taking cash away from criminals. No more people will smoke as they do now and you can chose to or not to as you do now, empty our prisons from people having merry Jane to socialise saving the country our tax dollars many many millions. Reduce violence in our society. I agree the health benefits are only a small advantage and not even the topic as SaltyC says

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:48pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Come on now, there are no people in our prisons for smoking weed! Dealing yes maybe, but even they would have to have been unlucky to get caught and then done something else to really upset the judge to make him/her put the wet bus ticket down!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:39pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I wonder if legalization would lower use of synthetic pot which Is, I am sure we all agree very very bad stuff indeed?
Page  <1 23456 10>