Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)

Page  <1 45678 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:03am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’m the same Steps,I dont have my feet firmly on either side of the argument and as a non smoker of anything the rule change doesn’t effect me too much directly.

What we know and which isn’t manipulated is the war on drugs started by Nixon is a complete dismal failure - drugs are way more prolific than before he penned a war on drugs. So with that knowledge what do you do?...some countries legalised and it reduced the trouble and cost of drug use in the community so more and more countries removed the crime aspect and thats where NZ is at.

My taxes paying for courts and enforcement and imprisonment could be better spent...ideally increasing fish stocks and bettering the environment.

Makes my blood boil when I see gang members and associates who dont work or contribute have millions of dollars of assets and thumb their nose to the public. Look forward from having some of their wealth and power eroded.   
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:47pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Its quite the debate huh?

There is always one question for me though that settles it.

Are those who support legal use of cannabis happy with the following after a good long weed sesh.

Nurses looking after you or family.
Surgeons about to slice you.
Bus drivers taking your kids or family on a drive.
Builders doing your home.
Cops!
And so and on....oh hang lets go there, you happy to have our politicians have a smoke up. I am sure a lot may well do judging by policies and all the hand wringing. 

Remembering that all those jobs require you to be professional and maintain a certain amount of "high" LOL self standards. And I can think of a few more stressful jobs where a good ol smoke might help them wind down ready for next day.

It is already going on and has been for decades.
The term used is "functioning addicts"
That term has been bandied around as justification and proof by those in favour of legalization for ages.

I do not really care either way.
As long as it is regulated and Policed properly.
In support 100% of medicinal marijuana which was the Trojan Horse used to bring wholesale legalization to the table.
Take care.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:47pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Real Deal,you mention Nixon to wage a war on drugs,Now which country helped Afghanistan to grow poppies??

U.S. officials are painfully aware that Afghan land made fertile thanks to several hundred millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers now produces narcotics for American and European addicts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:06pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Opiates gotta come from somewhere right?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:13pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PJC I cant state anything other than simple concepts as everything else is labeled as nonsense or twisted to fit or manipulated hehehe

But yes the CIA themselves brought mountains of drugs into America’s apparently most in coffins labeled as GIs this was done to fund the US black budget to continue manipulating politics of other countries under the radar. Old news these days and plenty of docos, biographies and movies on that subject.

Peace out :-)
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:18pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hypothetically I'd be really be concerned about my kayak's stability after being effected by marajuana consumption. One reason I'll seldom take more than a couple of beers out is my preference to remain stable (admitedley is an Ocean Kayak not a Viking) , also retiaining my will to paddle home, and not needing to take leak in confines of a yak.
Also as a kayaker I always worry about jet ski persons in my vicinity, and would really worry that stoned ones might not see me in my kayak.
So even if dope might be nice to try for bit of legal THC arthritic pain relief for my presently very sore hip. I am still very much on fence on issue, particularly if I can't kayak safely afterwards.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Hypothetically I'd be really be concerned about my kayak's stability after being effected by marajuana consumption. One reason I'll seldom take more than a couple of beers out is my preference to remain stable (admitedley is an Ocean Kayak not a Viking) , also retiaining my will to paddle home, and not needing to take leak in confines of a yak.
Also as a kayaker I always worry about jet ski persons in my vicinity, and would really worry that stoned ones might not see me in my kayak.
So even if dope might be nice to try for bit of legal THC arthritic pain relief for my presently very sore hip. I am still very much on fence on issue, particularly if I can't kayak safely afterwards.

Good pragmatic approach there shaneG
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:14pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Pragmatism .. comes from being a gurnard fisherman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Pragmatism .. comes from being a gurnard fisherman.

You are a very wise man ShaneG
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:12am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The thing is, this is already the case far too often.. which makes the issue of legalisation almost a moot point.
 Almost a moot point in the question arises if there would be more consumption by more because it becomes legal or not.

My belief at the moment is there would more people consuming inappropriately.
 Add that to the current cannabis and current alcohol consumed inappropriately..
Have a beer , or 2 out on the water and most are ok.. have a smoke , or just a couple tokes and people on today quality are rather stoned..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:22am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Forget the getting stoned and going kayaking. Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:23pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

....Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.

Hmmm.As someone who lived in Southampton for a long time, and a Saints fan, I was always under the impression that down Portsmouth way it was either the sister or the daughter.

Brian

(Only joking!)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:35am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

[QUOTE=pompey]....Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.

Hmmm.As someone who lived in Southampton for a long time, and a Saints fan, I was always under the impression that down Portsmouth way it was either the sister or the daughter.

Brian

(Only joking!)

Cannabis reportedly lifts your sights to avoid this. It's called progress but old habits die hard for some.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:18am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whiper snapper R-....I know a lot about statins...I was put on them and so was my mother.....they actually lower co enzyme Q 10 which naturally lowers as you age......this actually keeps the heart beat strong.......so statins actually lower coq10 and therefore weaken the heart......recent studies have proven that the raise the incidences  of type 2 diabetes which the drug companies quite happily shrugged off.....this was when they were trying to chuck it into the tapwater for further prevention....
Both my mother and myself had side effects from taking them and certain ones were removed from production due to deaths......then there is no test present in uk/nz/ or aussie to detect the composition of the LDL.......you have two different particle sizes large and small and by the test they do......they do not tell you what they are......I wonder why?....statins are the biggest scam going......there is no such thing as good cholesterol or bad cholesterol.......You body makes its own !...I am sure your body would make something to sabotage itself.......
        My mother discovered she had high cholesterol when she was 78.....she had smoked most of her life but was slim........so she should have been dead of a heart attack by then right?.......how many years do you think she had had high cholesterol=MANY> It was family based/ passed on........her father had it...she had it and i have it......I stopped taking it at 25 and if you look at the framington study......you will see there is **** all link between heart disease/heart attacks and cholesterol levels....most of the people who died in the study had perfectly normal cholesterol levels and when people go over 60 ...high cholesterol has an anti cancer effect....my mother is now 87 but gave up smoking at 79......her high cholesterol(LDL) never did anything to her or me......more likely the particle size of the LDL is favourable......healthy fat = good particle size SUGAR = bad particle size......I know plenty brother...its a scam....at least a cover up of the LDL particle size..They dont test for it because they dont want people to know......The USA does the test....if anyone had high LDL......its time for statins......the healthy fat induced LDL is HARMLESS and does not form plaques. .....The SUGAR induced LDL sticks to the artery walls forming plaques....The current tests show your current level of LDL but not its composition ....so you could have an LDL of say 7.9 but only a fraction of that could be the dangerous particle size......so no need for meds to lower it......Not a lot of people know this but i do.........so you have to ask.......why dont they do that test?....My doc keeps trying to get me to go on statins and i refuse.....I couldnt get it up when i was on them at 25 ! ...my mother had terrible muscle side effects........I asked her to test my particle size and she had no answer !........the moment they see the LDL they want to chuck you on statins....or ten other pills as well all with side effects........look at all the diseases we have......how many have been cured by meds?.......VERY VERY FEW.   = heart disease/cancer/diabetes(mask)/high blood pressure/ depression/mental illness/parkinsons/alzheimers/BPH........all drugs acts as band aid and stuck on em for life....Big Pharma wants you on their drugs for life......they dont want a cure and suppress ****.
         All aside ......some very funny comments on here...cracked me up but some valid points too ...with a few sad comments too.........Good discussion guysWink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:21am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So sad you think that laid back, pretty much everything you said is incorrect.

For the benefit of anyone else who might be swayed by your misinformation.

- statins have been shown repeatedly in clinical trials to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease events in pretty much all patient populations. The biggest benefit is in those already with CHD who may also have a reduction in the total risk of death. Looking at all the trials together indicates you should expect a 10% reduction in the risk of death for each 1mmol/l reduction of LDL-C

- recent data has shown that Blood sugar levels can be modestly increased with statin use but the relevance of this is not clear because statins offer clear benefits for those with diabetes

- coQ10 is a side show. It is interesting but supplementation has never been show to offer any benefits, it is sold as a food supplement, there is a theoretical basis that coQ10 could reduce the risk of muscle pain side effects from statins but this is not proven.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:02pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So sad you think that laid back, pretty much everything you said is incorrect.

Glad you posted that..
After my open heart op.. which was not expected upto the short term before it.. did a lot of asking reading.
 Found a lot of 'reports' that when looked into deeper had the taint of  the anti vac BS crowd. And those who grew up with measles, kids in leg braces from polio, whooping cough etc remember how things where back then.. the anti vac people are to young to remember

Totally agree with everything you say there Whip..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:16pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So both a survery and a recent poll

Show the majority of those apposed

are National baby boomers age 55 and over

Which fits right into the propaganda regarding cannabis from the 80s and Reagan's reassurance on the war on drugs and the propaganda cannabis gets thrown in with heroin because some how cannabis is a gateway to it (makes no sense whatsoever, if anything alcohol is more of a gateway to meth or P). But what else do they have to gain or lose from a referendum that helps so many and endangers so few?

I really think they assume all Cannabis is the same, its all Sativa very high THC psychedelic cannabis, which couldnt be further from the truth and is a mind set stuck in the 80s.

Why are all the major cannabis farms owned by the Pharmaceutical companies? Because Cannabis is a much better alternative to chemical based drugs that destroy the human body where cannabis benefits the human body.

The range from medicine to recreational is so vast.

I simply cannot afford the CBD oil and it doesnt deliver enough CBD to be effective.

I think its pretty unfair the baby boomers have gotten free Univerysity, a whole lot of other benefits, recent non taxed property investments that drove us to the point of putting the country into recession,wanting their children not to retire until they are 67 but putting this off until their generation has gone in 2035.

Quite frankly it pisses me off and shame on them expecting a pension paid by their children working on top of their millions of dollars invested and low taxed incomes buried in business that they earnt by driving property prices beyond affordable for the next gen. Their really should be an Assett test basis for receiving the Pension which is not a Right, its a fiscal Tax based benefit, which somebody with a free hold home and $1k income does not need. Anything above that does not need $300 a week pension. Its just greedy and its leaving nothing for the rest of us who are paying for it out of out taxes yet we wont have the same privilege as the country will unlikely be able to afford pensions by the time they want us to retire at 67 starting in 2035 when they have been and gone.

Simply assett testing the pension does away with the need for housing which will bust and the need for immigration, when we need to keep housing at steady pace to keep NZ builders employed.

I know not all baby boomers are greedy. luckily Key bowed out at the right time and sold his own house for $22m before the drop in Auck housing prices.

The pension should be reserved for those who need it to actually live without working. For many its their only source of income. Wealthy people do NOT require the pension to live. And if we are changing the age to 67 for retirement, lets do it now not in 2035 when the baby boomers have gone and the countries tax can no longer afford to pay it. Assett testing for those that need it to help with a comfortable retirement is the only viable and sensible solution.

In fact Tops had policies that solved the majority of the countries problems, but it seems nobody wanted to resolve the problems.

Anyway I appeal to those in the aforementioned demographic, to study what cannabis has done for many and how it is not only a medicine but an alternative to drinking and some strains simply make you relaxed their is no danger in non  psychedelic type cannabis if the person chooses the right strain for themselves. And with large databases on types and their effects like leafily.com there is a strain for everybody to find. Dont listen to the 80s propaganda and please open your mind to change and moving with the times, like technology, Cannabis has changed a LOT in the last 30 years and we can choose to select the right strain for our bodies, not one that makes us paranoid etc. If we want more focused and uplifted. Which is great for doing hobbies like model making, music or art which requires lots of focus and a clear mind.

There is a reason our body has CBD and THC receptors, lets use them and become smarter, healthier and on the weekends relaxed and less likely to cause harm and cost to the health budget via drinking.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:29pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Fiz, I think the anti cannabis attitudes are from the 60's not so much the 80's. Don't have an arguement with you on that. Pensions is another matter. I fall into the category of those that don't need it. We'll, I've paid a lot of tax, some of it on the basis that universal super is available. I will take the extra $300 and whatever else Jacinta is offering me. Every generation supposedly has it tough but each one has about the same number of winners and losers, that is human nature.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:40pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL That is quite the rant Fiz. You know what asset testing pensions is probably a good idea I think Aussie do it. But in the end you know you will inherit whatever money or property your parents or possibly even other family members will leave for you. The age rise is more a reflection of people living longer and staying healthier but that does not apply to all types of work does it...

I don't need to study cannabis, seen it and don't want to be part of it thanks. Another good reason to keep it illegal is I don't want my boy anywhere near the stuff and if the stuff is legalised it will probably get smoked at parks and school events and the like. 

Oh yeah and model making, art and music LOL  Mate its a fishing website weekends are for fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:58pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

LOL  

Oh yeah and model making, art and music LOL  Mate its a fishing website weekends are for fishing!

touche'LOL
Page  <1 45678 10>