Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)

Page  <1 34567 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:42pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Garry 23041 Garry 23041 wrote:

I wonder if legalization would lower use of synthetic pot which Is, I am sure we all agree very very bad stuff indeed?

Folks have that choice now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

Stay classy steps lol.
If you are insinuating I'm a "tea head" your pushing a turd up hill with a sharp stick....but carry on labeling people as you do đź‘Ť

I just read  post.. dont take realy put a name to which.. Only ones that do stand out is muchalls and cirrus.. that later cause we know each other personally.
 All I know I have associated with / worked with  lot of people over the last near on 70yrs, and certain arguments, type of justifications have been very consistent and tend to come from certain people with certain backgrounds...
 And reading between the lines of some other posts  it seems some others have tended to notice similar consistencies.

Im not going back to see who or what matches what...

Im sry that you may think you fit one of those groups and do apologize if you are not...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:35pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Salty - I assumed if smoking weed they would have to have possession of weed :-)

Check out these useless stoners - world would have been better off without them aye Steps :-). Eoin Musk, Barrack Obama, Richard Branson, Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, George Washington was the biggest grower of hemp and marijuana in his area. Abraham Lincoln wrote this ....Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

Actually I dont know why I am sticking up for weed as dont smoke it - think I might be just sticking up for healthy educated debate.

I think writing a fishing thread will distract me haha
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:52pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And there are many texts penned by erudite people in their time extolling the virtues of leeches, trepanning, ect treatment, bloodletting, phrenology etc etc etc..... Doesn't make any of them right!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:47am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Check out these useless stoners - world would have been better off without them aye Steps :-). Eoin Musk, Barrack Obama, Richard Branson, Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, George Washington was the biggest grower of hemp and marijuana in his area. Abraham Lincoln wrote this ....Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.”

A post way back very wisely mentioned stata can be made and manipulated to say anything.. as do si,ilar stoner statements like that.
1/ Does " well I tried it back in college" qualify for the above?
 or does that as implied, mean yep been using regularly all my life?
2/ Strength.. it is recognised by all side the strength of today's weed is hugely different in nature and strength to 40 or 50yrs ago.. and a little investigation indicated even that was very different from the hemp grown.. and used unto around 150 yrs ago..
3/ And in the case of that..the so called "George Washington was the biggest grower of hemp and marijuana in his area"
 happened to be for commercial production of cloth and rope.
 Again very different from that which modern growers are currently proposing to grow for the same market...

And why not add to that list of all the famous ppl who used opium or laudanum back in the day then justify legalized opioid

Same logic argument..

Its as bad as banning All mssa weapons  in possession of licences holders when over 75% gun killings are 22 cal and shotgun by unlicensed gun holders... and a huge proportion of these are illegally modified...
 Same sort of emotive BS miss information...

Also funny how near all the pro ppl put up lso called reliable information facts, often from very well researched papers, only take what they see for their argument then leave all the rest of the stuff that doesn't suit their objective out..

Even thu that paper in conclusion on balance may state the opposite with very good reasons...????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:21am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just showing that tea bag heads (i do like that label never heard it before) aren’t all useless.

I do notice any argument to show stats is responded by “you need to be careful as stats can tell you what story you like”., but thats the same for all sides or the debate.

Only pro arguments are held to these measures.

So all these countries already have or in the process of legalising have it wrong and a couple of peeps in little old NZ seem to be the holder of all true stats and have a greater understanding on the subject...hmmm think we are lucky to have these individuals walking amongst us I reckon.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 6:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I don't care if my friends are stoners and marijuana isn't the worst drug in the world. The underground crime around it is the biggest problem but it also messes with people's minds. Especially the vulnerable. Personally I don't think it's a whole lot worse than alcohol (of which I'm a fan) but do we need any more evils in this world?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 6:46pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its quite the debate huh?

There is always one question for me though that settles it.

Are those who support legal use of cannabis happy with the following after a good long weed sesh.

Nurses looking after you or family.
Surgeons about to slice you.
Bus drivers taking your kids or family on a drive.
Builders doing your home.
Cops!
And so and on....oh hang lets go there, you happy to have our politicians have a smoke up. I am sure a lot may well do judging by policies and all the hand wringing. 

Remembering that all those jobs require you to be professional and maintain a certain amount of "high" LOL self standards. And I can think of a few more stressful jobs where a good ol smoke might help them wind down ready for next day.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 6:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Its quite the debate huh?

There is always one question for me though that settles it.

Are those who support legal use of cannabis happy with the following after a good long weed sesh.

Nurses looking after you or family.
Surgeons about to slice you.
Bus drivers taking your kids or family on a drive.
Builders doing your home.
Cops!
And so and on....oh hang lets go there, you happy to have our politicians have a smoke up. I am sure a lot may well do judging by policies and all the hand wringing. 

Remembering that all those jobs require you to be professional and maintain a certain amount of "high" LOL self standards. And I can think of a few more stressful jobs where a good ol smoke might help them wind down ready for next day.

Yes, it has a big downside and I'm no expert. I'll stick to my Lion Browns thanks. Despite all the big tummy type problems that go with it
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:18pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting smudge, when you sit down and have a beer after a hards days work in front of the telly with the kids. do your family kids end up getting the effects of that beer, because if you sit down and have a joint around your family and kids they will get effected.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:00pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Step out side.....?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mum wheres dad?

Smoking a joint outside....

And we wonder how the kids could go wrong LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:37pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

.....Personally I don't think it's a whole lot worse than alcohol (of which I'm a fan) but do we need any more evils in this world?

Personally I like my beer and I like red wine.  What I don't like is the stats: mainly cancer and cirrhosis.  Actually, mainly cancer.   Various forms. Alcohol is not good for you.  

Haven't had any pot since my youth and then to be honest it didnt seem to do anything for me, but would be happy to try again as a relaxant on a Friday night and hopefully an alcohol replacement.

Apart from any health issues, there is zero evidence (in fact evidence to the contrary) that legalising cannabis leads to more crime or more use of hard drugs, in fact the opposite.

Plus I think it is important to remember that any law change does not make it compulsory, only an option that you as a responsible adult can act on as you like.  Irresponsible adults do what the **** they want, legal or not
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:40pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Mum wheres dad?

Smoking a joint outside....

And we wonder how the kids could go wrong LOL

Unfortunately dad is often pissed, has clocked the missus and is just about to slap the kids....  Please dont say "alcohol abuse is good, cannabis use is bad" (I know you are not, but your post ignores what does most harm in our society)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:15am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am no alcohol advocate either brmbrm. Not really a huge fan of drinking at home, that was part of the mentality of us poms I guess. The pub is where you drink and socialize. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 7:12am
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just to lighten the moment....If you put 4 guys in a room drinking they will start a fight, if you put 4 guys in a room smoking pot they will start a band.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:47am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ha I dunno who you drink with
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:19am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why does everyone think they have to get high on substances. Dont believe our brains are that disfunctional. Escapism seems to be the norm these days.
Whats wrong with normality. Plenty of natural highs out there.

Some get high drinking coffee
Others get high smoking a joint
I get high catching snapper
out past billy goat point.Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:24am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I don't care if my friends are stoners and marijuana isn't the worst drug in the world. The underground crime around it is the biggest problem but it also messes with people's minds. Especially the vulnerable. Personally I don't think it's a whole lot worse than alcohol (of which I'm a fan) but do we need any more evils in this world?

Thats very much my thought as well..

The single thing that makes me hesitant, maybe should  be legalised, but not convinced as yet...

Is at the moment cannabis is not regulated, like tobacco, alcohol, fish etc.
 So currently we have anyone from young kids to adults sourcing  (illegally and unregulated) and using/ abusing..
 Now if we had a regulated industry with licensed distributors with limits on age , maybe quantities etc, them maybe the use would be a little more controlled.. depending on pricing, compliance and taxing.
 On the other hand we look at say tobacco, alcohol, even fishing, and there is still a consistent abuse of the product / resource and age usage, crime, social issues... in fact social and crime issues from alcohol is far greater than cannabis unregulated.

Im really trying to find justification for legislation.. every time I look  behind and deeper into the arguments the stats presented it always just comes up with manipulated propaganda BS..

Even the core Maori proportion in prisons because of cannabis...cannabis is usually a secondary charge to more often than not other far more serious drugs like P or other serious criminal charges. On that basis there would be very little or any effect on the Maori prison rate as it is the other charges they are there fore.. not the cannabis.
 And out of interest this happens to apply to all ethnicities where cannabis and imprisonment is concerned..
so to single Maori out is incorrect.. 

Term "tea head"  it was a term that was common back in the late 60s early 70s...just always stuck..

Page  <1 34567 10>