Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)

Page  123 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)
    Posted: 11 May 2019 at 12:35pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok Im not sure if there was a thread or not but I think its time this gets out there. (FYI I am not affiliated with any group)

As there are shed load of people stuck on opiate based "Pain Killers" that actually cause pain. People on Steroids that just dont work and so many neurological drugs that just leave your head as soup. And then there are people who instead of having a beer at night just want a puff on their pipe and then there are those who instead of getting fight read drunk and causing all kinds of death to society like car crashes, people just want to smoke a joint, watch a movie and eat cheesels. I fall into the pain Group and I also love Cheesels but current weight wont allow that.

Cannabis was demonised by Nixon in his war on drugs to this day they have not won bu incarcerated and taught people how to actually be ciriminals all because they wanted to do was smoke some sticky icky.

Reagan, who I admired as a young man took it a step further I believe and called it National Securities number one threat (what the f, even if drugs were a war was the white powder streaming in not a bigger threat).

Yes cannabis is not suited to a very rare minority of people. But these people by the time are adults are usually under care full time care. My uncle was one but worked all his life lonely as a boiler man, and he did smoke it and it fact it helped him, but he smoked the right stuff for him. Cabbage/Leaf/Trim which is largely CBD.

Cannabis is extracts ie CBD oil of high potency is said to be 2x stronger than Hydrocortosone. Research why taking steroids long term is counter productiive.

CBD is NOT a magic bullet for pain, if you are like me and have lower lumbar issues which at times are acute then it is not going to kill that pain. If your pain has become muscular it is very possible it is suitable for this. I would use it for MS, Fybromyalgia, Arthritis (Rheumatoid) etc. But if my spinal cord is being compressed its not the magic bullet.  It will help I believe along with lower opiates.

But like steroids, taking Opiates break you immune system. Endorphins (Morphine is taking from this word) are what help regulate your immune system. When you take opiates they block endorphins and do not have the same effect that endorphins do. This is proven, google it.

Some have proven it cures Cancer etc, and yes Im positive it doesnt cure everybody. Likewise I believe it wont work for everyones pain etc.

But Cannabis is NOT a gateway drug, that is proven by the use of people in California and Canada, doctors, lawyers etc.

Cannabis POT Heads are lazy and lazy people will always be lazy. The vast majority lead lives like prominent actors and as I mentioned doctors etc. Be serious, that is just a stereotype.

There are 2 times types of plants, indica and sativa. Indica is generally a lower growing/faster plant to mature and carries far more physical properties (couch like if you smoke too much). Where Sativa is tall and is known for its pyschoactive properties.

Then there are hybrids which is where the Pharmaceutical companies come in. Yes thats right, the people we want to rid ourselves of already owned the majority of farms in Cali and most elsewhere.

Hybrids offer medicine and recreation beyond belief, there are literally thousands of different plants now. Some range from what I would use AC/DC which is 20:1 CBD/THC to those heavily in the THC bracket. The big thing in Cali and north mid west is extracts, oils, wax, shatter, all very much like old school hash which can be made a few ways but these extracts have things like 97% CBD crystals which is beyond what you could sift.

Which leads us to our current state CBD fn oils. Do you know how much these cost? Well I will tell you, for me, quality CBD oil would cost $2000 a month. Lets get serious, when you are ill you cannot afford this.

Hence the governments plan to introduce Canabis based from the looks off Canada which is 100% legal and a bit of California. But Im not an expert, all I know is this makes sense. and its not hard and fast, they will change these if there seems valid reason. The main choice is, should people be allowed to possess, use and grow (very limited amount) of cannabis.

I wont go down the path of how much economic gain we have missed in 20 years, but its obvious NZ is dependant on dairy and agriculture. Both in conflict with each other, affluent off farms kills our native fish habitat for example. Or that the culling of Trees by 99% in 100 years, or that I read the US is turning away from dairy within 10 years (speculation). This country cannot survive on 100% bullS Pure Lies advertising (ive worked in ecology, ive seen it first hand) or off Agriculture which is at arms with Tourism. Our Glaciers are going. It just goes on and on as to why we need to move and adapt.

I have put in bold what is a very reasonable solution, mediates with public and "Stakeholders". Public education. Limited home grow options.

I refer you to leafily. a website setup to find the right cannabis for patients. and what the ex UN DP for 8 years and of course our Prime Minister for 9 years Helen Elizabeth Clark ONZ SSI PC

Scroll down to Condtitions if for Medical

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

Helen Clarke ONZ SSI PC (she aint no fool, so take this serious to have someone with her intelligence and knowledge say yes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8vqwN-sG4

The Government has announced details of how New Zealanders will choose whether or not to legalise and regulate cannabis, said Justice Minister Andrew Little.

The Coalition Government is committed to a health-based approach to drugs, to minimise harm and take control away from criminals. The referendum is a commitment in the Labour-Green Confidence and Supply Agreement, as well as a longstanding commitment from New Zealand First to hold a referendum on the issue.

“There will be a clear choice for New Zealanders in a referendum at the 2020 General Election. Cabinet has agreed there will be a simple Yes/No question on the basis of a draft piece of legislation.

“That draft legislation will include:

• A minimum age of 20 to use and purchase recreational cannabis,
  • Regulations and commercial supply controls,
  • Limited home-growing options,
  • A public education programme,
  • Stakeholder engagement.

“Officials are now empowered to draft the legislation with stakeholder input, and the Electoral Commission will draft the referendum question to appear on the ballot.

“The voters’ choice will be binding because all of the parties that make up the current Government have committed to abide by the outcome.

“We hope and expect the National Party will also commit to respecting the voters’ decision.

“I have today released the actual paper considered by Cabinet,” said Andrew Little.

The Justice Minister also confirmed there will be no other government initiated referendums at the next election.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 2:37pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cbd is derived from hemp mainly. There are 4 species of cannabis,5 if you count what's called ABC , Australian ******* cannabis,which is a mutated variant that looks like a hebe plant,not at all like cannabis. There is also ruderalis from Russia (ditch weed) and cannabis chinensis from China. Sativa is hi in the,indica originating from the Indus ranges is higher in cbd,but all strains have been *******ized by the Dutch over many decades,there are very few pure landrace strains left these days.
I don't think it will end up legal,the govt can't tax it as well as they would like. In the states every plant is genotyped and bar coded so they can tell where it came from,I can't see NZ doing that.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 2:50pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As an aside, Richard Branson famously said, NZ should stop dairy farming and grow medical marijuana and hemp.Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:15pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

legalize it and thats the end of the northland economy.

We have drug testing at work so if legal and you smoked on sunday night and fail the test monday,then what?? Boss stands you down does he or should he pay you??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:21pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would rather know I got something to eat rather than get high. Food security is more important especially with all the doomsday prophets you keep on hearing lately. 

I dunno about weed, you might have the opinion that is not a gateway drug but I know plenty who started with weed and went on the heavier stuff. 

My main concern is sharing roads and working with people who get high, have done so and its not nice on building sites. Endangering other guys, you might be responsible user but you don't speak for everyone or control everyone.

I hear people say well its no worse than alcohol or ciggies so may as well legalise it, well three wrongs don't make two rights either. 

Shame people just can't live without the constant need for high fix obviously lacking something in their lives or maybe trying to oppress something. You saw on the news the consequences of getting high and driving, 7 dead and I think the woman in court was still bloody high could not believe it. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:40pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well, this explains a few things.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:50pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cannabis for medicinal use, might be beneficial, and I would support its legalisation.
I am gobsmacked that our Government is considering legalising cannabis. Its hard to know where to start.

Basically, I believe any new legal psychoactive drug (ie mind altering), will
- lead to a lot more users, and harm to themselves and others, in ways that have been explained - including traffic accidents and work accidents, and violence.
- plus, increased health costs, in more people needing care, and suffering from smoking  related illnesses.
- plus, more people not working and having to be supported by taxpayers.

On the other hand, I assume that it should remove cannabis supply from criminals; and reduce crime caused by people wanting money to buy cannabis.

On balance, I have no doubt whatsoever, that its a crazy idea, and I assume that enough people will realise that, to stop it going ahead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeh! I second that it will make the roads more dangerous. This mornings Herald backs that up. Needs to be strict drug testing for drivers on the road.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:49pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

FizFisho - Is your post about recreational or medicinal cannabis usage? Either way, what's your point?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:17pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

legalize it and thats the end of the northland economy.

We have drug testing at work so if legal and you smoked on sunday night and fail the test monday,then what?? Boss stands you down does he or should he pay you??

Really quite simple.
Do not smoke it Sunday night.
Surely it cannot be that hard to go without for one day or are you saying it "is" addictive?
If you "genuinely" need it for medical reasons, get a certificate.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:32pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Ok Im not sure if there was a thread or not but I think its time this gets out there. (FYI I am not affiliated with any group)

As there are shed load of people stuck on opiate based "Pain Killers" that actually cause pain. People on Steroids that just dont work and so many neurological drugs that just leave your head as soup. And then there are people who instead of having a beer at night just want a puff on their pipe and then there are those who instead of getting fight read drunk and causing all kinds of death to society like car crashes, people just want to smoke a joint, watch a movie and eat cheesels. I fall into the pain Group and I also love Cheesels but current weight wont allow that.

Cannabis was demonised by Nixon in his war on drugs to this day they have not won bu incarcerated and taught people how to actually be ciriminals all because they wanted to do was smoke some sticky icky.

Reagan, who I admired as a young man took it a step further I believe and called it National Securities number one threat (what the f, even if drugs were a war was the white powder streaming in not a bigger threat).

Yes cannabis is not suited to a very rare minority of people. But these people by the time are adults are usually under care full time care. My uncle was one but worked all his life lonely as a boiler man, and he did smoke it and it fact it helped him, but he smoked the right stuff for him. Cabbage/Leaf/Trim which is largely CBD.

Cannabis is extracts ie CBD oil of high potency is said to be 2x stronger than Hydrocortosone. Research why taking steroids long term is counter productiive.

CBD is NOT a magic bullet for pain, if you are like me and have lower lumbar issues which at times are acute then it is not going to kill that pain. If your pain has become muscular it is very possible it is suitable for this. I would use it for MS, Fybromyalgia, Arthritis (Rheumatoid) etc. But if my spinal cord is being compressed its not the magic bullet.  It will help I believe along with lower opiates.

But like steroids, taking Opiates break you immune system. Endorphins (Morphine is taking from this word) are what help regulate your immune system. When you take opiates they block endorphins and do not have the same effect that endorphins do. This is proven, google it.

Some have proven it cures Cancer etc, and yes Im positive it doesnt cure everybody. Likewise I believe it wont work for everyones pain etc.

But Cannabis is NOT a gateway drug, that is proven by the use of people in California and Canada, doctors, lawyers etc.

Cannabis POT Heads are lazy and lazy people will always be lazy. The vast majority lead lives like prominent actors and as I mentioned doctors etc. Be serious, that is just a stereotype.

There are 2 times types of plants, indica and sativa. Indica is generally a lower growing/faster plant to mature and carries far more physical properties (couch like if you smoke too much). Where Sativa is tall and is known for its pyschoactive properties.

Then there are hybrids which is where the Pharmaceutical companies come in. Yes thats right, the people we want to rid ourselves of already owned the majority of farms in Cali and most elsewhere.

Hybrids offer medicine and recreation beyond belief, there are literally thousands of different plants now. Some range from what I would use AC/DC which is 20:1 CBD/THC to those heavily in the THC bracket. The big thing in Cali and north mid west is extracts, oils, wax, shatter, all very much like old school hash which can be made a few ways but these extracts have things like 97% CBD crystals which is beyond what you could sift.

Which leads us to our current state CBD fn oils. Do you know how much these cost? Well I will tell you, for me, quality CBD oil would cost $2000 a month. Lets get serious, when you are ill you cannot afford this.

Hence the governments plan to introduce Canabis based from the looks off Canada which is 100% legal and a bit of California. But Im not an expert, all I know is this makes sense. and its not hard and fast, they will change these if there seems valid reason. The main choice is, should people be allowed to possess, use and grow (very limited amount) of cannabis.

I wont go down the path of how much economic gain we have missed in 20 years, but its obvious NZ is dependant on dairy and agriculture. Both in conflict with each other, affluent off farms kills our native fish habitat for example. Or that the culling of Trees by 99% in 100 years, or that I read the US is turning away from dairy within 10 years (speculation). This country cannot survive on 100% bullS Pure Lies advertising (ive worked in ecology, ive seen it first hand) or off Agriculture which is at arms with Tourism. Our Glaciers are going. It just goes on and on as to why we need to move and adapt.

I have put in bold what is a very
reasonable solution, mediates with public and "Stakeholders". Public
education. Limited home grow options.

I refer you to leafily. a
website setup to find the right cannabis for patients. and what the ex
UN DP for 8 years and of course our Prime Minister for 9 years <span>Helen Elizabeth Clark ONZ SSI PC

Scroll down to Condtitions if for Medical</span>

<span>https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring
</span>

<span>Helen Clarke </span><span><span>ONZ SSI PC </span>(she aint no fool, so take this serious to have someone with her intelligence and knowledge say yes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8vqwN-sG4
</span>

<span>
</span>

<span ="_f_replymessage"="">

The Government has announced details of
how New Zealanders will choose whether or not to legalise and regulate
cannabis, said Justice Minister Andrew Little.

The
Coalition Government is committed to a health-based approach to drugs,
to minimise harm and take control away from criminals. The referendum is
a commitment in the Labour-Green Confidence and Supply Agreement, as
well as a longstanding commitment from New Zealand First to hold a
referendum on the issue.

“There will be a clear choice for
New Zealanders in a referendum at the 2020 General Election. Cabinet
has agreed there will be a simple Yes/No question on the basis of a
draft piece of legislation.

“That draft legislation will include:

• A minimum age of 20 to use and purchase recreational cannabis,
  • Regulations and commercial supply controls,
  • Limited home-growing options,
  • A public education programme,
  • Stakeholder engagement.

“Officials
are now empowered to draft the legislation with stakeholder input, and
the Electoral Commission will draft the referendum question to appear on
the ballot.

“The voters’ choice will be binding because
all of the parties that make up the current Government have committed to
abide by the outcome.

“We hope and expect the National Party will also commit to respecting the voters’ decision.

“I have today released the actual paper considered by Cabinet,” said Andrew Little.

The Justice Minister also confirmed there will be no other government initiated referendums at the next election.

</span>

"drunk and causing all kinds of death to society like car crashes"
Happens on weed as well.
Worked with a guy who smoked all the time.
He regularly did damage to himself at work.
I tried to explain to him I did not care what he did to himself, however I did care about what he could potentially do to me or another work associate.

"drunk and causing all kinds of death to society like car crashes"
Happens on weed as well.
Worked with a guy who smoked all the time.
He regularly did damage to himself and property at work.
I tried to explain to him I did not care what he did to himself, however I did care about what he could potentially do to me or another work associate.
Not against it per se, however I do not believe it to be as harmless as people say.
You get nothing for nothing.
Read an scientific article that stated there was no doubt high and constant use of cannabis could and does lead to psychotic behaviour/problems.
As you say., everyone reacts differently to everything.
Then we have the hypocritical side of the coin.
NZ wants to be smoke free by 2025 if I remember correctly.
How does that work.
Will be interesting.
That is for sure.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:45pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi everyone.
Getting in in advance.
I would like to clarify my quote on PJC's post is not a personal attack on the member.
Nor do I have any inside information on said PJC.
I am just trying to make a point in general.
Have already notified and apologized to the member as I do not wish to remove my quote.
Thank you.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:18pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"V 8" pm sent
For everyone else,No not a user but how would it effect random drug testing being a legal drug??one would like to think it would be same rules as alcohol in the work place.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:35pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does anyone here genuinely believe that anybody that wants to smoke weed is currently prevented from doing it by the existing legislation?

People are gonna do it. How about instead of making them go out and get in touch with unsavoury characters (i.e. gangs that are going to start offering them P etc etc) we regulate the market?

Drugged driving is already illegal. You can take all of the framework that exists around alcohol, substitute the word marijuana, and go for gold. Only difference is I've never heard of someone going hard on the whakamanas and then going home and bashing their partner, more like eating a whole pack of Timtams and falling asleep on the couch.

Anyone that thinks marijuana should be illegal but is comfortable with alcohol being legal is a massive hypocrite. It's both or neither, logically. Every argument against weed can be given against alcohol, except the government isn't in the pocket of the marijuana lobby (yet).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:37pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Except for one argument, Rozboon, just because one bad thing is legal doesn't mean there should be two!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smoke free by 2025? yet the same government wants a referendum to put another substance in the body??wtf.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:47pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Except for one argument, Rozboon, just because one bad thing is legal doesn't mean there should be two!

Society decides on the level of harm we are happy to accept in exchange for certain personal liberties. For example as a society we have accepted the harm associated with travelling at 100kph in exchange for more time-effective journeys. We could cut the road toll hugely by changing the open road speed limit to 50kph, but "we" have decided that a few hundred deaths per year is an acceptable price to pay for those extra 50kph.

It's only logical for society to decide that both weed and alcohol are acceptable or both aren't. But I bet there's a few of the old "reefer madness" crowd that will happily nurse a pint while ranting about the evils of marijuana.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:48pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A large degree of vote gathering here as well. They dropped the drinking age to get more votes and look what happened there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:53pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, Rozboon, and society can quite rightly decide that we already have the evil that is alcohol but don't need the evil that is marijuana.

Don't get me started on speed limits and there arbitrary nature!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:54pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is the thing Rozboon, eventually big business will eventually gain control of supply and then the government will be lamenting another "big business" take over and someone making a billion dollars from it. And this government in particular hates big business.

If people want to do drugs they can knowing it is illegal. 

Personally I think it will pass through a vote though, I think NZ is heading into very dangerous territory regarding all the ills of society. We can't fix everything or control personal behaviour but the way things are heading we may as well all stay home do F all work and all get high because it is being pandered to. 
Page  123 10>