Mokau Fatties!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (8) Likes(8)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mokau Fatties!!
    Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:44pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

HI All, With the Flat weather window about to end and my Brother home, made the call  last night to ditch work for today and chase some Snaps insteadBig smile We were out by 8am in a slightly choppy sea from the offshore wind. Bait was plentyfull and had a bunch of Kahawai in no time! Whole fillets and heads were the go on our Straylines so out they went. Just wanted to mention i never use berley to attract the fish, i prefer to wait patiently for the bigger ones to turn up then start slowly unloading cut up pieces of kahawai frames over the side. This keeps them around and interested in the baits. With in an hour today we had a couple of good runs each and landed fish to 5kgs. Before finally i got a screamer of a run. Let it go and go then locked into itWink Big weight on rod i knew it was a good Snap. About eight minutes later a big fat Snap lay in the net! This one didn't make it on release as it had swallowed both hooks. Mick picked up a similar size one soon after that we let go. We both got our best Snaps for a while. mission complete. Got a measure shot for my first entry into this years measure comp as well. went 83.5 cm. We were the only ones out and in by 2pm. A few shots from a great day out with my Bro.Beer 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:55am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those Mokau monsters - awesome Geoff!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:58am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cracker day there Geoff! ClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:59am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mean
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:34am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice one Geoff.
Great to see you leading the way with the Measure comp.

Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:15am
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Definitely keepers !! Well done
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:05pm
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for Replies Guys! CrayZfish, Yep its good see it leading, but with the yearly Comp only a month old it wont last there long! Got to have one pushing 90cm to cement a top spot for a whileThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:32pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Thumbs Up
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:32pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Is that a fresh couta on the floor Geoff? Bit early isn’t it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Keith C Keith C wrote:

Is that a fresh couta on the floor Geoff? Bit early isn’t it?
Good Spotting Keith! Caught two smaller ones. Baited them, but not the usual interest....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 8:14pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just BeerWOW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:11pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Snaps Geoff, go to be happy with that.Thumbs Up   
What depth are you targetting your Snaps.                                                              Thought I might of seen you at the WSFC big 4 comp in the Tron.

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Thanks for Replies Guys! CrayZfish, Yep its good see it leading, but with the yearly Comp only a month old it wont last there long! Got to have one pushing 90cm to cement a top spot for a whileThumbs Up
As predicted my Snap didn't last long! for those interested in fish lengths, Andrew Hill has entered a Beauty Snap from the Far North coming in at 90.5 cm to take the lead in this years NZ Measure Comp! Thats going to be a hard one to beat.  High Fives Andrew!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:50am
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

awesome Geoff. Can't wait to get back down.