Grunter Hunter 2019

Page  <1 5678>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:39pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK here it is, the results of the 2019 Franklin Hunting & Fishing Grunter Hunter. we're the first to see it then I'll copy & paste to 'those other social media sites':

20th:   Connor Groshinski 1.08kg
19th:   Glen Cox - Coxie!!1.09kg
18th:   Lisa Barnett 1.10kg
17th:   Craig Allan - Kitno!! 1.11kg
16th:   David Robinson 1.11kg
15th:   Dave Bristow 1.11kg
14th:   Connal Brown 1.14kg
13th:   Rob Kroef 1.14kg
12th:   Julie Marshall - Coxies mum!! 1.16kg
11th:   Braden Holley 1.17kg
10th:   Wayne Farrow - Wayno!! 1.17kg
9th:     Jack Laker - local legend, he's 17 & competed in world champ hardass awards
8th:     Marc Taylor 1.18kg
7th:     Dan Louis 1.20kg
6th:     Emily McGregor 1.21kg
5th:     Alex Chitty 1.21kg
4th:     Michael Lawrie 1.23kg
3rd:     Mike Barnett 1.23kg
2nd:     Leo McKerras 1.24kg
1st:      Shane Wharerau 1.3kg

Thanks to Franklin Hunting & Fishing & Shimano NZ. Also to everyone who fished and helped on the day!     
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:34pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A fantastic event as always! a huge thanks to Smudgo and all the the crew from CSFC.

We failed to break the kilo mark this year but will be back again in 2020 with some of those orange skirted kabura things.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by FlawOne FlawOne wrote:

A fantastic event as always! a huge thanks to Smudgo and all the the crew from CSFC.

We failed to break the kilo mark this year but will be back again in 2020 with some of those orange skirted kabura things.

Thanks FlawO Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:49pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Man yous have created a monster called the G.H.
Thanks for doing it all you guys, smudge and Skoti and wefaknis and the rest of your crew.
Nice work from Steps at the pontoon as well, was appreciated by many.

Congrats to all the placegetters off here, good one team coxie, team kitno and wayno.

We tried hard and got a few but no bullheaded ones this year .....will be back next time with bells on forsure👍

"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:19am
baitcatcher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What a fantastic event,Thanks to Smudge & Skoti the CFSC team.
I had a great day on the water with Wayno who came up from Whakatane,meeting him at 12am the ramp also thanks to the local ( sorry forgot his name,he was going out with his wife and family in a 7odd meter white boat with 300 odd mercury) it also had nice blue internal cabin lights, we followed him out to a shelterd bay, at 1:00am with rt contact he drove off to another bay his boat could handle.

We anchored and dropped out lines straight way,within 10 minutes wayno landed his first gurnard,and within 45 minutes landed 2 more 1 going 44cm, I was still waiting to land my first fish,
suggested we move.which we did from 4metres to 9metres,within 10 minutes I was on with my first carrot at 44cm,I was happy as I was finally on the board, then within the hour I had binned another 5 carrots,I think Wayno gave me that look!.then he landed our only Snapper going 44cm. Then Wayno took me to the spot he took out first prize with in 2014, (funny that the fish have moved!) after an hour or so of not even a bite.
We decided to move to another spot where we really cleand up having a total or 22 carrots in the bin.its was time to head to the ramp.
At the prize giving it was nice to meet so many fishneters thanks to Smudge
Nice to see Steps doing a superb job on boat patrol.
Cheers Baitcatcher.

Some photos of the day catch,with my share fillted I'm giving away to family.

what
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:14am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice work and thanks guys, appreciate the great turn out of fishnetters
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:10am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Couldnrt get ou, went up around 1pm help out a little instead.
 Well organised team work...
The Waiuku High Basket Ball team done a great cook up, full credit to those young guys feeding a large crowd.

And noticed most boats came in with a good feed, think those who dont could be counted on a butchers hand.

Well done Counties crew
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:31am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Uncle, these things are irresistible to all types of fish, gurnard, snapper, ky and trevs.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:30am
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Smudge and the team behind the comp, perfect weather and fishing doesn't get much better even met a few fish netters. Snapper, Gurnard, Ky ,Stingray and a couple of small sharks. The mighty Manukau has some thing for all.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:32am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice to see healthy catches of gurnard.
Kitno. Did you catch your fish on that lure.
Looks like a kabura,but is it.?
Sort of lure fish would attack in self defence--maybe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:36pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

Nice to see healthy catches of gurnard.
Kitno. Did you catch your fish on that lure.
Looks like a kabura,but is it.?
Sort of lure fish would attack in self defence--maybe.

Most were caught on that lure and another MacFlasher I had. Also had a strayline out the back that landed a few.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:44pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks . Will try kabura next time out. Nice to also see trevelly in the catch. What could be better than Gurnard and Trevelly .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Trevally and gurnard for tea tonight Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:01pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I didn't realise how many gurnard we caught till I filleted them yesterday. Have given a few away to those who ask 'where are my fish'? 

We didn't get any snapper really apart from a couple of just legals that swam away
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

we're already making plans for next year. i want more prizes, a little more pizzaz and something entertaining

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:43pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I want to fish this next year. Hopefully find a local crew I can blag a spot on but if not maybe me and the old man will tow the tinny all the way up from Welly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:52pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

I want to fish this next year. Hopefully find a local crew I can blag a spot on but if not maybe me and the old man will tow the tinny all the way up from Welly.

wow. You come all that way we'll look after you. Best you don't fish on my boat though if you want to win Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:55pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

we're already making plans for next year. i want more prizes, a little more pizzaz and something entertaining

Aye smudgo it sounds like you might be planning to have the weighmasters dressed in something a little bit more ".....comfortable"..??
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:14am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Aye smudgo it sounds like you might be planning to have the weighmasters dressed in something a little bit more ".....comfortable"..??

Big smile Thanks for the idea Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:00pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congrats on a great comp! Just as long the pizzaz doesnt include Skoti loosing his clothes. 

Sounds like a contingent from up here might have to make the effort :) Sorry in advance for the 2020 weather....
Page  <1 5678>