Grunter Hunter 2019

Page  <12345 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:58am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Damn lost the Manukau harbour to fog as well...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:07pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Still waiting for you to dream up the rules Smudge.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:29pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by billfish billfish wrote:

Rule 1.  Only fish caught on board boats called "Smudge 2" can be weighed in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:32pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

been wanting to come back to the manukau for a fish and was talking to a mate today about it so let me know date please
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by billfish billfish wrote:

I have a dream! and here it is
:

COUNTIES SPORT FISHING CLUB                                             2019 FRANKLIN HUNTING & FISHING GRUNTER HUNTER

JUNE 9 2019                 FREE BBQ              RAFFLES                 LUCKY DRAWS                     $3000.00 1ST PRIZE!

ADULTS  $30                                                                                                                                 JUNIORS  $15

PRIZE CATEGORIES: HEAVIEST GURNARD TO 20TH PLACE & AVERAGE WEIGHT

Only Red Gurnard will be eligible for The 2019 Franklin Hunting & Fishing Grunter Hunter Competition

Anglers must present their tickets to the Weighmaster to be eligible for prizes even if not weighing a fish

All fish must be caught on a rod & reel

Fishing starts 12.01am Sunday June 9

Weigh in opens at 3.00pm. Anglers must be in the weigh in queue by 4.00pm June 9 – no exceptions

Anglers may fish the Manukau Harbour or the West Coast from Raglan North Head to Kaipara South Head

Spot prize and drawn prize winners must be present to claim prizes

Juniors must be UNDER 16 years old on June 9

Only one gurnard may be weighed per angler. If two fish the same weight are weighed then the first of those fish weighed will be deemed to be the heaviest

There will be no alcohol sales at the venue

All weighed fish will be marked at weigh in by having a fin clipped or other method of identification

Safety is every skipper’s responsibility.

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:23pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK gurnard fans. Tickets for the 2019 Franklin Grunter Hunter gurnard fishing competition will be on sale from midday tomorrow ((08.05.2019) at the Franklin Hunting & Fishing store in the Pukekohe Mega centre.

While you're there ask the friendly staff for some local advice. Or you can turn up on Saturday May 25 when Smudge and a couple of other local gurnard experts will be in store to hand out gurnard catching tips, tricks and advice. Tickets will also be available online soon from www.csfc.co.nz.

Remember close off for ticket sales is Friday June 7 at 5.00pm. For details call Smudge on 021 654741

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:38pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hopefully will have Surgeons clearance for this comp..
Just been looking at tide times..
Considering if weather ok head out off the Waikato bar rather than Te toro.

Head out around the 2.5m tide height mark about 11:30am.. get thru the creeks from the landing...full tide is about 2:30 pm... so back in over about 3pm.. weigh in at te toro 4pm

Makes rather tight to get back to Te toro, after getting home drop boat off...
Are we able to send someone straight from the ramp at the landing to Te toro with fish and the entry ID forms for all the crew, and rest of the crew get in a little late?

We have got some nice gurnard a a couple spots out off the Waikato bar in the past..

PS Bite times look around 5am to 8:30 am and 10:30am to 2:30pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 6:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Tickets are now on sale at Franklin Hunting & Fishing in the Pukekohe Mega Centre online: 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Myself and a couple of other gurnard guys will be doing an in store promo for the Grunter Hunter at Franklin Hunting & Fishing on May 25 starting from 9.00am. First registered forum contributor to identify themselves to me with proof of a same day purchase from that store will get two complimentary tickets.

We will be there all day handing out gurnard tips & tricks and while you're there it's a good chance to stock up on gurnard goodies and to buy your tickets for this event. $3000 1st prize!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:19pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does last place get a handshake? Could be a good contender for that position.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:35pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by JustAnotherSpearo JustAnotherSpearo wrote:

Does last place get a handshake? Could be a good contender for that position.

I think the budget could stretch to that Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:53pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Tickets are now on sale at Franklin Hunting & Fishing in the Pukekohe Mega Centre online: 

Am I doing something wrong via the link Smudge? Keep getting a "no events" available message after filling in all the details...

Make a Purchase

No Courses/Events Found

There are no Courses/Events available at the moment, please try registering later.

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I will check it out tomorrow wayno
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:32am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by wayno wayno wrote:

Am I doing something wrong via the link Smudge? Keep getting a "no events" available message after filling in all the details...

Make a Purchase

No Courses/Events Found

There are no Courses/Events available at the moment, please try registering later.
There was indeed something wrong Wayno. It looked ok to me but someone cleverer saw what was going on and it's all fixed. Let me know if that link isn't working.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:33am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

If any f'netters are in Pukekohe today drop into the store and say hi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 1:17pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well done Skunk it was worth the drive from Hamilton to get your 2 free tickets
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:42pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by wayno wayno wrote:

Make a Purchase

No Courses/Events Found

There was indeed something wrong Wayno. It looked ok to me but someone cleverer saw what was going on and it's all fixed. Let me know if that link isn't working.
Cheers Smudge. 
Still not able to buy ticket though, get to this page (below) then it still tells me no events available once I hit the "Continue" button...

Has anyone successfully bought tickets online yet???

Information Entered So Far

You are registering...

Wayne FarrowWayne Farrow as a Member in Category Fishing competition registration

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:57pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Above was done on Chrome browser, just downloaded and tried again on Firefox with same result.

The Gurnard Gods are trying to stop me from the attempt to reclaim my 2013 title... Cry

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:10pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Skunk it was worth the drive from Hamilton to get your 2 free tickets

Was planning on buying tickets today smudge and couldn't believe the freebees were still available at that time☺
Thanks to the team ,see yous in a couple of weeks with rum.🍻
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Page  <12345 8>