Grunter Hunter 2019

Page  123 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grunter Hunter 2019
    Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Coming soon to a place far far away - Te Toro to be precise. June 9. Details to follow. This is the highlight of my fishing year. Despite winning countless prizes at our club's fishing  comps - especially for gurnard, I think I've only had one or two top ten finishes and as far as I recall I've never been in the top ten.

I'm supposed to be the gurnard guy right? 

This year Smudge, this year. Like The Warriors Big smile

In the past I've offered to take people fishing to teach them some gurnard tricks. In 2017 I took forum member Popeye out to my favourite spots, he came 2nd and I didn't catch a single fish. Wayno came out in the early years and won it, I showed him the spots. It is stories like that that make this such a special comp for me - plus the fact that I run it - along with a couple of good keen Counties men of course.

I have even offered a $1000 to a lucky draw if I win it. Still luck hasn't come my way on the day.

This year I'm not offering anything but a pledge. If I win this year I'll be spending part of the $3000 1st prize on a tattoo, my first one. It will be a gurnard tatt of course!

I'll post some rules and entry detail;s soon, once I've dreamed them up.

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:25am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

June 6 was D Day
June 9.that going to be your G day Smudge?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:36am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Might be the day Smudge finally finds the G spot eh ๐Ÿ˜…
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:37am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't get to excited about the tattoo smudge, I have a feeling the money will be going into the Tauranga economy.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 8:58am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Don't get to excited about the tattoo smudge, I have a feeling the money will be going into the Tauranga economy.

Ohh is Wayno fishing again? LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:00am
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Iโ€™ve wanted to fish this for a long time but have had about as much luck getting there as smudge has winning the thing! Maybe this year we will both tick it off!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:03am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

$3000 for a stinky old gurnard Dave!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:19am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good news "Smudge" have the nephew all lined up as the boat just around the corner from the Te Toro,so chances are looking like good, June the 9th??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:39am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yep June 9
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:08am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Will there be a snapper category this year ?
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:12am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Skoti Skoti wrote:

No Skoti.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:34am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Tat ?
Will it be the same size as the fish you catch to win?
And where?

Just thinking it may be worth while if no one else entered a carrot on the dayWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

No Skoti.
Oh OK Cry
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

No Skoti.
Oh OK Cry

Just for the record, last year Skoti and his dad gave up trying to catch gurnrd so the went snapper fishing. They caught an 18 and a 20lb fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 7:55pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hope you are organising great weather as usual smudge.?
Oh and Skoti ...anyone can catch 18 and 20lbers on the Manukau in June ๐Ÿ˜‹ but remember it is a Gurnard comp mate.

"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:20pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Hope you are organising great weather as usual smudge.?
Oh and Skoti ...anyone can catch 18 and 20lbers on the Manukau in June ๐Ÿ˜‹ but remember it is a Gurnard comp mate.

Shuddup and give me my rum LOL
COVID is no joke !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:15pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Roger that๐Ÿ˜
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Roger that๐Ÿ˜

All gurnard fishermen are the same Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 5:20pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep Big smile
Was just thinking today that the comp is coming up soon, I'll be there for another try Smile

edit - and it's Whakatane all the way Tongue

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by wayno wayno wrote:

Yep Big smile
Was just thinking today that the comp is coming up soon, I'll be there for another try Smile

edit - and it's Whakatane all the way Tongue

South of the Bombay's, WhaKatane ... Tauranga ... all the same.

Be good to see you there again Wayno and Kitno of course. Shame for you boys to travel all that way for 2nd & 3rd LOL. I'm going to win this year, ohhhh yeah! Big smile
Page  123 8>